It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sailun TerraMax H/T
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:04 am 
LOST Member

Haven't found a lot of info on these tires so I took a chance.
Put a set of Sailun TerraMax H/T on a 2007 Liberty 4X4.
tread wear rating is 500 Traction is A and Temp is B
Not bad looking except for the silly name "Sailun" (I think it's a bad name) http://www.sailuntyre.com/en/about.aspx

Check this link for good photos, and click the High Res photo to see the raised white letter pic.
http://www.sailuntires.ca/PLT/HT.html

Yes they are a Chinese tire, very popular in Canada but so are many bad beers.
I flipped mine around so the white lettering is on the inside simply because I have those black fenders.
They've been making tires since 2002. My sources in China advise that these are the same factories making tires for the US companies. Since you don't see any advertising yet the prices are very, very low. Roughly about 25 dollars per tire less than the Coopers I have on another Jeep same exact size.

So far I've had them on paved roads, I'll have them off road later today when I go home. My driving is 50 on and 50 off pavement. The off road is a lot of hard stone and a 30 degree slope.
I believe TireKingdom has started selling them. For the size 245x65x17 they should run around $110 but TireKingdom has them price about 139.00 mounted and balanced but Kingdom is overpriced, shop around.

I'm waiting for some heavy rain to try them. I'll never have snow since I'm in the Caribbean.

It's a JEEP!