It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: BFG vs. Bridgestone vs. Firestone MT's
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:13 pm 
LOST Member

So I'm looking on Tire Rack for 225/75/16's and 245/70/16's. I wanted to get some mud tires. Tire Rack didn't have any for the 245's, so I'm looking at 225/75:

BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM
Bridgestone Dueler M/T D673
Firestone Destination M/T

Out of those three, what would be the best overall buy (taking into consideration ability and tread life)?

Or should I just get the Revo's or A/T KO's instead? :P

Post subject: mt
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:21 am 
This member has been Banned

Those fireston destination MT's have great reviews...rated well above the others in off road magazines. I almost put them on mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:28 am 
Here's a hint.... While reading those magazines, pay attention to the choice of meat on the Jeep & other ORV photo's. Bet you see more BFG than any other tire. Remember, actions speak louder than words.

Post subject: ??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:47 pm 

Personally, just like I've seen south america and Africa (other thread hammer)

Unless you get into the super swamper "type" then those mentioned are about the same. I would personally choose the Destination M/T or even a Pep-Boy mudder for price reasons...They all get'er done.

Marketing is the reason for "what you see" in magazines...on the road and trail, I've seen everything in abundance, except BFG. The average Joe just can't afford them over food for the family.

Post subject: Re: ??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:16 pm 
the1jferg wrote:
Personally, just like I've seen south america and Africa (other thread hammer)
What part of brush bars are a waste of money did you not get? :roll:

the1jferg wrote:
Marketing is the reason for "what you see" in magazines...on the road and trail, I've seen everything in abundance, except BFG. The average Joe just can't afford them over food for the family.
You must be reading Road & Track. The majority of photo's I see in off-road magazine's are of people's rides sportin' BFG's. AT's, MT's & Krawlers.

misterzero asked which tire was recommended. He didn't say anything about budgets or being a "average joe".

Post subject: ???
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:05 pm 

He we go again,

Hammer,
In my brushgaud thread, I didn't ask your opinion if it was a waste of money did I? I do not understand what the heck south america or africa has to do with whether or not I get a reciever mounted brush gaurd...I still don't get it.

As to this guys question,

When I was reading the off-road ratings in magazines and reports of the destinations doing better than others, how does that offend you ?...its his choice

I don't need to pay attention to what I see, I'd rather see the tried test results not a pic of someones ride as a testimony. I've seen some bad loads that never even go off pavement.

I still don't get it? Next time I want your opinion...I'll give it to ya

P.S. Oh yeah, I did not talk about "average joe" or money as an answer to him sir...only to you
I think You and I (Hammer) are the only ones that drive a liberty by choice because money is no object. I do try to get the best bang for my buck anyway even though money is of no concern to me. :lol:

Wait, I forgot to mention that BFG's are great tires too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:58 pm 
the1jferg wrote:
Hammer, ?In my brushgaud thread, I didn't ask your opinion if it was a waste of money did I? I do not understand what the heck south america or africa has to do with whether or not I get a reciever mounted brush gaurd...I still don't get it.
My point was, brushguards are useless in my opinion because there really not needed. I've never seen a off-road trail where a brushguard was needed. Now if you have a habit of wheeling through brush, off trails, shame on you! That type of off-roading is generally frowned upon in North America.
the1jferg wrote:
As to this guys question, ??When I was reading the off-road ratings in magazines and reports of the destinations doing better than others, how does that offend you ?...its his choice
This does not offend me. You're dilusional. And don't confuse "marketing" with the majority of off-roader's who convinced myself and other's as to what's being run on the trails.

the1ferg wrote:
I don't need to pay attention to what I see, I'd rather see the tried test results not a pic of someones ride as a testimony. I've seen some bad loads that never even go off pavement.
I was obviously referring to off-roader's rides on trails, rock-crawling, etc., and not in supermarket parking lots. If you knew anything about marketing, you would know that winner's (racer's & race teams) choices are the best marketing tool there is and not writer's or website's opinions.
the1ferg wrote:
I still don't get it? Next time I want your opinion...I'll give it to ya
So you're a smart a.s.s. hiding behind a computer.
the1ferg wrote:
P.S. Oh yeah, I did not talk about "average joe" or money as an answer to him sir...only to you

I think You and I (Hammer) are the only ones that drive a liberty by choice because money is no object. I do try to get the best bang for my buck anyway even though money is of no concern to me.
What can I say to stupid jibber jab? :roll:
the1jferg wrote:
Wait, I forgot to mention that BFG's are great tires too!

Well don't take my word for it....
Off-RoadAdventuresMagazine wrote:
BFGOODRICH TIRES CELEBRATES 20 YEARS OF DESERT DOMINATION
With 19 consecutive Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 wins, BFGoodritch Tires celebrated it's 30th anniversary in off-road racing. Over the past three decades, countless drivers have taken top overall or class honors in desert races on BFGoodrich tires. Legendary names like Bob Gordon, his son Robby Gordon, Larry Ragland, Frank Vessels, Rod Hall, Rob MacCachren and Troy Herbst have helped create and extend the BFGoodrich Tires legacy of desert domination by taking the overall win in the Tacate SCORE Baja 1000. BFGoodrich Tires has used motorsports as a proving ground as they are involved in every type of racing, including oval, sports car, drag, desert and extreme rock-crawling - 19 consecutive Baja 1000 wins, the most wins in rock-crawling history, and an unmatched record on pavement.
The way I see it, this article makes your statements and opinions, worthless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:18 pm 
I live here
I live here

STOP

Please get back to Misterzero's question and stop bickering.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:23 pm 
Tokyojoe wrote:
STOP

Please get back to Misterzero's question and stop bickering.
What can I say? I left my opinion for misterzero. FWIW, I agree that the current posts have been a waste of worthless time.

Carry on.....

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:33 pm 

Hammer,

You forgot the smiley face icon !!! :lol:

I've never hid...You are welcome to visit, I'll even buy you a beer

There is no more brush in South America or Africa than here in the good old USA. Actually, because of forest degredation there is much less.

I'm not gonna debate with you on the issue of whether or not a brush gaurd is good for brush, I agree it is better suited for pushing shopping carts. All I asked was did anyone make one for a reciever hitch. You don't even know what I had planned for it.

Driving on MY kinda trails is frowned upon? Fella, "Tread lightly" does not mean you can't go thru a trail with overgrowth. Especially in Al, Miss, La, Georgia, Fl, and east Texas where I hunt.

As far as my mental health goes...Well I do get three government paychecks per month for it, you could be right. The only way you'll know for sure is when you show up for that beer. :shock:

When I said BFG's were good tires a meant it. Heck I run BFG's myself in addition to Firestone.

P.S. MisterZero, as you can see tire opinions are like us A$$holes, everyforum has them.

Bridgestone is made by firestone...good tire. Michell, BFG's, sportkings are made by BFG...good tires

Post subject: Re: Wow
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:48 pm 
the1jferg wrote:
Hammer,

You forgot the smiley face icon !!! :lol:
No I didn't.

the1ferg wrote:
I've never hid...You are welcome to visit, I'll even buy you a beer
. Maybe I'll introduce myself one day on a trail. I will look forward to it.

the1ferg wrote:
There is no more brush in South America or Africa than here in the good old USA. Actually, because of forest degredation there is much less.
Obviously you haven't been to South America.

Post subject: I don't get it
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:56 pm 

Hammer,

If you read the post you'll see who drew first blood. (name calling)

Dude,

"Obviously you haven't been to South America"

You gotta be more specific, its made of countries and Islands?

Now you are slammin where my COMBAT BOOTS have taken me. What, you wanna see my RED passport, my scars, medals, or pictures?

I gar-N-Tee you fella, I've been all over this planet and I've yet to see brush and Briar patches that rival the southern U.S. What I want a brush gaurd for is my Biz.

Another Know it all whom I selflessly served 20 years for his freedom of speech. God bless the USA

Sorry Mister Zero...Ferg-Out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:02 pm 
I live here
I live here

Take the discussion somewhere else, please.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:53 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Yup, this has gone on far enough. One of the biggest reasons LOST was created was to have a "peaceful" site where members could go to and get along and not worry about arguing and so forth. Differences of opinion is one thing, but the bounds have been overstepped.

Have a problem with a member? Keep it off the boards. Any questions, feel free to e-mail Clint or Wally. This thread is locked. If this behavior continues, bannings can be given.

Mike

EX-Vice Pres. Mid Atlantic Chapter
L.O.S.T. Moderator

Rusty`s Lift, all armor, BB`s, locked, and tons more stuff...and more to come

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]