It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hankook RW11 i-Pike Review
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:55 am 
LOST Newbie

Well, this week I bought new Hankook RW11 i-Pike tires which replaced the RW11's I bought 3 years ago. In that time I put about 60,000mi on them. They would have lasted longer if I had rotated them more often. Hankook lists them as an on-off road snow tire, I used them year round in western NY between Rochester and Buffalo. They handled the summer weather extremely well. I was driving 10min to work weekdays and 45min each way to visit friends on weekends, plus a few 6hr trips to NYC, one to Charlotte NC. In winter they were excellent, not quite Blizzak but very good in most conditions, especially hard pack which they stuck like glue. Deep slush and glare ice were probably the main things that they didn't measure up to Blizzak WS50 or Nokian R2. They were still better than most anything else. I took them off-road once at a friends property, mostly wooded damp to slightly muddy soil, they gripped better than friends Liberty with Destination A/T's. I read a comment on Dieselplace forum by a fleet owner in western PA who replaced all of his fleets Hankook ATM RF10 with RW11 after they found the RW11's were equal in summer and did much better in snow. So if you live somewhere that winter is longer than summer and get significant snow, I can recommend the RW11 as a good all season tire. It is studdable if you like, but I didn't as I knew they would be used year round. They are fairly quiet if you keep them rotated, they will get noisy if you don't. The other great thing about them is they do not fling gravel on fresh tar and gravel roads, it is nice to drive fast and not hear all the plinks under the floor.

http://flic.kr/p/wX1rgq

Post subject: Re: Hankook RW11 i-Pike Review
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:23 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Great review, Thanks