It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2020 JLU Rubicon 3.0 EcoDiesel
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am the proud new owner of this vehicle I actually got a great deal trading in my diesel liberty. Mine was the only one in the state and the manager of the dealership wanted the rarity. I know its new but lets talk flashing the computer to get rid of the emissions while this motor is still new!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:59 pm 
LOST Member

As a professional I will tell you not a good idea... just use the liquimoly diesel intake cleaner every oil change and the proper liquimoly oil, and the DPF fuel additive and it will PREVENT breakdowns... when I buy the gladiator rubicon I want that’s my plans...just my professional advice, the reason so many people remove the emissions equipment is they don’t know how to properly maintain it and don’t know how to fix it properly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: 2020 JLU Rubicon 3.0 EcoDiesel
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:25 pm 

Emission control items on diesel vehicles unfortunately are not there to prolong engine longevity or to help improve efficiency or performance.
They actually are very detrimental to all three. :furious:

They shorten engine life,
cause more fuel to be consumed,
cost the owner real money loss in terms of engine repairs, operating costs (extra fuel, DPF fluid, ect.), and vehicle loss of value over time (devaluation).
All they do is cause problems.... :grim:

:2cents:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:02 pm 
LOST Member

I can show maintenance records on some 08 sprinters we maintain at work and even some 12s with relatively low repair rate because of the high maintenance factor we do at My shop so it can be done you just Gotta know how the problem is 19 out of 20 shops don’t actually know how we’ve had lots of training from the folks over at liquor Molly because after all you’re up runs on diesel so if anybody knows how to properly maintain them for longevity and low downtime it’s them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:52 pm 
LOST Member

Use the CORRECT OIL FOR THE ENGINE at every oil change, do an intake cleaning every 10k, do an engine flush every oil change, use dpf protector with every or every other fill up, do an in car dpf cleaning every 20-40k, use additives like ceratec to prevent wear... and your engine will live a LONG TIME with all the emissions controls still intact... yes it’s expensive... but it’s a diesel and as Americans we have gotten use to not doing our mantinence correctly, just cheap... it’s amazing how many people got to a lube shop and complain of the price to do it right... since I own a European repair shop and we work a lot with Liqui Moly we have seen how it’s done in the rest of the world, when you are due for mantinence you drop it off at a real shop and the actual certified mechanic not just a lube tech does the meticulous job of inspecting it and performing the correct mantinence for what the vehicle needs and they call you when it’s done... not just grab some cheap oil and cheap filter at o crappies and call it good... remember the eco diesel is an Italian Dohc high speed Diesel engine not an american engine and it needs to be maintained like one to get the best life out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:22 am 
LOST Newbie

Or just delete all that bullcrap and put a million miles on the motor.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:07 pm 

gsthompson277 wrote:
Or just delete all that bullcrap and put a million miles on the motor.

:BINGO:
X2
Totally agree!
and all that "EXTRA" maintenance/labor, additives, and special oils required due to all the emissions bullcrap costs the owner real monies over the life of the vehicle. $$$.
IT ADDS UP!

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:48 pm 
LOST Member

True that but on the flip side I just laid out what it takes to run one LEGALLY for a long time.... to me it’s not worth the risk... when I get my new gladiator diesel I plan to keep it stock... I already know of more than one owner who got popped for being deleted and I will tell you it was not a cheap proposition... it’s not the egr deleted older pre DPF crowd they are after, it’s the newer DPF removed guys they are hitting... and it’s a tow it to the dealer and pay for all new emissions equipment to get out on and tuned with the current factory tune... all I can say is it is more than 15k... cheaper to keep up the emissions equipment... as a shop owner if I were to get caught removing emissions equipment it’s a 100000 per vehicle fine! And that’s why no credible shops will do it! And heads up the on star and other sat link systems are sending reports of when and where the non emissions software was loaded and how long it’s been that way! No more “I bought it like this”

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 10:09 pm 

My66dodge wrote:
True that but on the flip side I just laid out what it takes to run one LEGALLY for a long time.... to me it’s not worth the risk... when I get my new gladiator diesel I plan to keep it stock... I already know of more than one owner who got popped for being deleted and I will tell you it was not a cheap proposition... it’s not the egr deleted older pre DPF crowd they are after, it’s the newer DPF removed guys they are hitting... and it’s a tow it to the dealer and pay for all new emissions equipment to get out on and tuned with the current factory tune... all I can say is it is more than 15k... cheaper to keep up the emissions equipment... as a shop owner if I were to get caught removing emissions equipment it’s a 100000 per vehicle fine! And that’s why no credible shops will do it! And heads up the on star and other sat link systems are sending reports of when and where the non emissions software was loaded and how long it’s been that way! No more “I bought it like this”

Sounds like a very sound reason not to buy a new diesel with all that stupid foolish crap on it.
I understand they are doing the DPF/SCR deletes in Canada every day on new diesel vehicles. I have watched several YouTube videos of the process and it is amazing all the crap they take off a newer diesel truck.
They don't have the evil EPA in Canada. :BANANA:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 10:17 pm 
LOST Member

Yes very understood... ironically the feds can remove it and even order new trucks without from the factory... I have seen a new fire truck like that, it was for wild fires and it came with no dpf or scr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Reviving this topic seeing if anyone has heard any news / rumors. FYI no need for PRO emissions comments this is all about deleting I fully understand the risks / laws / etc.