It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:04 am 
LOST Addict

It was planned for Spring intro '07 last I heard with a VM engine this summer, but my source has since retired and things can change quickly at headquarters. Just like smoke in the wind. :roll:

My friend had said it would be a 2.8L and had even driven one. He said D/C had talked about bringing it out in the fall of '06, but VM was unable to supply the engines at the time and plans were put back till '07 for US sales. He also stated that the DD/VM engines would be used in the 1/2T PU starting in 'late '07 model run. I would love to have a Dakota 4x4 with a 2.8L CRD under the hood and still get 26 to 28 mpg crusing down the highway. But a Magnum Sport Wagon with a MB 3L CDI is my dream car.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:57 am 
LOST Junkie

Cummins is coming out with two smaller diesel engines within the next two years. A smaller SOHC V6 that is suited for the Dakota, then a "medium" V6 or V8 diesel (smaller than 5.9L) that is slated for the 1500. That engine will most likely find its way into the Durango and Aspen as well since they have similar size constraints. There have been VM diesel Dakotas built for ten years or more by Chrysler South America - there is a '96 or '97 at VM North America that is a hoot to drive with the LSD rear axle and 5-speed trans,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:25 pm 
LOST Member

MrMopar64 wrote:
Cummins is coming out with two smaller diesel engines within the next two years. A smaller SOHC V6 that is suited for the Dakota, then a "medium" V6 or V8 diesel (smaller than 5.9L) that is slated for the 1500.

There's just something WRONG with "V" configured Diesel engines IMHO. :roll:

They just DON'T sound like a REAL Diesel like my Turbo Diesel Ram 2500 does (with straight pipe exhaust of course!) LOL!

2013 Wrangler Sport