It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dodge Nitro CRD Spotted!!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:36 pm 
LOST Addict

New CRD Nitro spotted with Mfg plates. Check out the link at VW TDI Forum.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject: Re: Dodge Nitro CRD Spotted!!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:45 pm 
LOST Addict

oldnavy wrote:
New CRD Nitro spotted with Mfg plates. Check out the link at VW TDI Forum.

Thanks! It great to see there will be more CRD in the furture. Right now, I'm real happy with mine right now. Hopefully Diesel prices will drop soon. Traveling cross country I seen diesel prices from $3.49 to $2.75.

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

Post subject: new CRD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:05 pm 
LOST Addict

Just cause they are making it does not mean it will be sold here-- then again, it doesn't mean it won't be. Why on earth does it look like its "butt" is stuck up in the air? The wheels look huge.

Post subject: Re: new CRD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:21 pm 
LOST Member

Pablo wrote:
Just cause they are making it does not mean it will be sold here-- then again, it doesn't mean it won't be. Why on earth does it look like its "butt" is stuck up in the air? The wheels look huge.

Maybe its just the angle of the photo, but, (or butt?) yeah, it does look like its waving its keester in the air. You can see nearly the entire rear axle under the bumper. Maybe it's some kind of lift for aerodynamic aspect done when the thing reaches highway speed? (Perhaps it dropped the nose rather than raised its fanny.)

Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:51 am 
LOST Addict

The guy posted it was left hand drive with MPH speedometer, so it most likely was/is US market model.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

There may have been plans for diesels in several models, counting on emissions engineering to solve the EPA NOx problem in time. Look at the disapointing news on the E320 Bluetec - it was supposed to meet 50 state EPA regs without the SCR Adblue, according to an old DC press release, but failed testing by a tiny amount on the NOx EPA testing. Now its a 45 state only vehicle, a decision announced very recently. SCR still isn't approved yet, but the EPA will release their requirements on SCR sometime this month.
Interesting data on SCR Adblue is that it requires about 6 gallons of urea every 10K miles. If it eliminates the need for EGR I'd take that in a minute.

But test vehicles probably still have diesel engines in them, counting on a last minute engineering package to make them US legal. EPA policy at its best, now showing its real effect on our national energy consumption. While the EPA looks at lab testing to justify its position on NOx, in spite of other data contradicting its position, it keeps on strangling diesel introduction in the US.

I just finished reading some weekend testing affect by a scientist who showed that reducing Nitrous Oxides actually increases ozone induced smog because the nitrous oxides interfere with the ozone formation. EPA disputes his findings, in spite of real world data in California showing otherwise. I think the only thing that will reign in the EPA is a grass roots effort to contact legislators to call for the EPA's managment replacement on a wholesale basis, with objective scientists who can start with a clean slate and without trying to justify past agendas. They are after all, using our tax dollars to make these decisions about our future.

IronMan Lift/Shocks/Provent/Moog ball joints/ V6 Airbox/Fan/Hayden
Cobalt Boost/EGT/Oil/Trans/Volt gauges/Aeroturbine 2525
Yeti Hot Tune/Odessey 65/Samco's/Michelin Defenders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:13 am 
LOST Addict

Need a better photo but it looks like that one is set up for the European market.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:05 pm 
LOST Addict

Looks like the wheel is on the left and would the number plate/license plate be different for euro spec?

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox