It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRD WK Oil change contract
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

I normally change my own Oil and Filter, however my dealer offers a 7 year Oil and Lube contract good for a total of 14 which would be fine with the limited miles I drive for my CRD using synthetic oil for around $400 works out to around $29 per change

I believe the CRD takes around 10 qts so this seems like a good deal? Is this a good price for the contract anyone have experiance with this?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

$29 per change is not bad if full synth oil and filter are covered. I'd use 3 per year at my annual mileage. Do they allow you to use more than 2 per year?

$3 filter and 20 bucks for oil at thier cost, they are breaking even, no profit. It a good way to make sure you keep coming back so that they can recommend other service.

I'd take it, especially if I could use more than 2 changes per year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks yes and they have a 7 year plan $400 for the 14 changes, and they also have a 28 change plan that I did not price but would think it would be less than $800 because the price goes down the more you buy

Post subject: Re: CRD WK Oil change contract
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

NetworkMD wrote:
I normally change my own Oil and Filter, however my dealer offers a 7 year Oil and Lube contract good for a total of 14 which would be fine with the limited miles I drive for my CRD using synthetic oil for around $400 works out to around $29 per change

I believe the CRD takes around 10 qts so this seems like a good deal? Is this a good price for the contract anyone have experiance with this?

Thanks

Is it transferable? i.e. if they go out of business or if you're traveling or if you move, can you use it at other dealers? Also, do you WANT the dealer chaning your oil. I know I don't want them touching my CRD unless they have to... too many dummies with power tools at some of the dealers.

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Good points that is why I usually want to change my own oil, I understand this is a Jeep program "Diesel essentials" and good at any dealer

I am lucky at my local dealer the Service Mgr is a Diesel friendly and is very compitent he make the appointment on my CRD and works on it himself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

I stopped by the dealer today and picked up the paperwork it is actually $320 + tax for the 7 year 14 change program called "Diesel essential program"