It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Electric brake controller in an 08 Grand Cherokee CRD
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:52 pm 
LOST Junkie

WOW! WHAT A PAIN!

The trailer brake output wire is green. It is taped up to the wiring harness where it comes through the dash panel.

The stop lamp switch output is white with a green tracer. NOT white with a tan tracer like the service manual says.

I wired in the Durango service kit for the trailer brake controller connector. Of course it was backwards to what my Tekonsha harness was that I last used in a Durango.

But after many hours, scrapes, and one good burn from the soldering iron, everything works fine.

The Mopar part number is 05019922AA. This gives you the OEM Dodge style connector that is factory installed in the Durango/Dakota/Ram. You still have to make the four connections (fused power / ground / brake switch signal / output) yourself, and it's not a trivial job, but once completed, you don't have to slice and dice the Tekonsha harness any more.

2005 CRD Limited Flame Red w/ Renegade rock rails & light bar, AirLift 1000. 225/75R16 MT/R's on cheap black steel wheels, dual MOPAR subwoofers, Ipod kit & seat covers, Samco hoses - totaled and gone. 2008 WK Laredo 3.0L diesel - AirLift 1000, wife won't let me mess with it much. 2013 JK Sahara on order.

Post subject: Re: Electric brake controller in an 08 Grand Cherokee CRD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm 
LOST Junkie

Did mine several years ago. I sliced and diced the Tenkosha wiring, soldered and used heat shrink, for a professional OEM looking job.