It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011 Diesel Wrangler: Up in Smoke or should it be Soot
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 pm 
LOST Junkie

Maybe someone posted this before but- looks like even Fiat is caught up in the "US hates diesel" craze.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/14/no-d ... h-america/

The one good point is Chrysler is going with their modern, innovative Pentastar V6 ( direct inj, turbocharged ) and that the 3.8 was just being used to tide things over timing wise.
One other point was in the comments the fact that the automatic transmission is used in Wrangler and how "unoffroading" that makes things! Everyone knows for effective wheeling the automatic is the way to go! Fiat will be offering a six speed auto behind that awesome engine....

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

Post subject: Re: 2011 Diesel Wrangler: Up in Smoke or should it be Soot
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:46 pm 
LOST Addict

^^^^ Looks like you'll be getting a gasser when the red silverdiesl gives up the ghost!! :SOMBRERO:

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Post subject: Re: 2011 Diesel Wrangler: Up in Smoke or should it be Soot
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Fiat and the other car companies are in business to make money and would sell all of us all the diesels we want, I bet they would even mount two of them in a Wrangler, one for each axle if they thought that we would pay for them. Cummins and VM would both be happy to supply the diesel engines as well.
EPA is in existence to inflict their interpretations of legislation that was created by crap generated by Cereal Box Dope Head PHDs who smoked too much dope when they where undergrads. In my line of work, there are stupid regulations that require lower copper discharge rates out of the sewer plants but not out of the water plants that supply us our drinking water. In the OTR truck industry the particulate emissions from truck tires exceeds the particulate emissions allowed from diesel engine exhaust. This is stupid and the Cereal Box Dope Head PHDs who made up the fraudulent data, should be dragged into congress, raked over the coals for lying to congress (like they did on Global Warming), and be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. You an I could not get away with lying about our Wife's/Girlfriends real hair color to either the Police or Congress. A water plant or Waste Water Plant operator that fudges a figure will better plan spending time in prison, I have met a few operators that have gotten fired rather than lie and go to prison. Cereal Box Dope Head PHDs should have to suffer the same fate.
The brightest star I see on the Horizon is that the State of Texas is suing the EPA over pending regulations on CO2 emissions. I hope Texas wins and the EPA a rouge government agency is put in check. I hope they sue the Cereal Box Dope Head PHDs for damages resulting from the fraudulent data as well.

Fuel cooler, Oil Separator, Progard 7
Gauges EGT Boost Trans Temp Oil Pres, Michelin LXT AT2 245 70 R16
7,000# Draw Tight hitch, PML EX Deep Trans Pan
Centrifuge, SunCoast, Transgo, RAM TCM, InMotion Stage 2
Wife's 99 TDI VW Beetle