It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2007 Jeep Cherokee Overland Diesel
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:24 am 
LOST Newbie

I am taking in our "new" 2007 Jeep Cherokee Overland Diesel this week. I have 2 Jetta TDI's that I run BioDiesel in, and would like anyone that runs their Cherokee on BioDiesel to tell me how it has gone for them ? As everyone knows, that is an EXPENSIVE engine, and I don't want to do anything to it to harm it. Anyone that has one, please chime in, and let me know how it has gone for your.
Thanks.
:juggle:

1999 Kubota BX2200 Diesel
All running, and LOVING BioDiesel.

Post subject: Re: 2007 Jeep Cherokee Overland Diesel
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 am 
LOST Junkie

I would strongly advise against it. You have two isues to worry about using 100% biodiesel (I use B5 on mine). VW's testing of their TDI with active regeneration and a DPF showed 45% fuel dilution at 10,000 miles on the oil change interval. The fuel dilution is a result of fuel injection during the exhaust phase so that the diesel can ignite in the diesel particulate filter resulting in DPF "regeneration".

1. Fuel dilution of the oil, particularly with biodiesel, can cause polymerization of the oil and engine damage.

2. Biodiesel is not as effective in regenerating the DPF and would cause premature DPF failure.

If you had an earlier diesel without DPF, I'd say go for it! There is a member here who uses B100 in all of his diesels to include a Liberty, VW, and a MB.