It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Two questions...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi everyone. I'm brand new to the forum, an this is my first post. I have read the NOOB guide, though.

Anyway, I live in PA and just bought a Jeep from SC and am going to pick it up this weekend. When I get it back, I am planning on undercoating the body with Fluid Film to keep any rust from forming. First, has anyone used this product, and if so, how do you feel about it? Is it good, prevent rust, and last all winter?

Also, I'm pretty sure that I am going to get the GDE ECO Tune (unless anyone thinks there is a better alternative). GDE says that their tune will disable the EGR but not do anything about the CCV weakness. His solution was to simply get silicone hoses but I've also read and seen guys do the EHM. My question is with the ECO tune is it necessary to do the EHM or just replace the boost hoses? Also, will the EHM cause a CEL even after the GDE tune?

Thanks for any help. :D

Post subject: Re: Two questions...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:38 pm 
LOST Addict

I dont know anything about the fluid film bu the GDE tune is a must and pretty much the only choice that is left that has been constantly changing. Kieth the owner of GDE is also a huge help here with all of our diesel jeep questions. THe EHM will not set off any lights or alert the computer to and issue it will save what life is left in your stock hoses. And it is a very cheap and easy to do alot cheaper then replacing the hoses. What the ehm really does is eliminate the Crank Case fumes from re-entering the systems and getting a nasty oily coating all over the inside of the intercooler turbo and the hoses leading to and from.