It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: repair sleeve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone found a speedy sleeve for the front seal area on the camshafts of the CDR? If so please let me have the info. I did the ARP head bolt R&R, removed the cams and seals to clean the intake and found deep seal grooves in the cams. I reinstalled the new seals recessed further into the seal bore to try and miss the grooves. All seemed OK then then in about 500mi. both started leaking!(good old Murphy) If anyone knows the OD of the front seal contact area or could mike a cam that number could also be of much help. I found a number of 1.180" for the front cam journal but I doubt if it's the same. ANY help will be very much appreciated. I have been using this forum and love the willingness to help and the wealth of info that that is freely available thanks.

Last edited by x-tech on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: repair sleeve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:54 pm 

Check with a machine shop that does automotive. I know in the past I have used a part called a "Redi sleve" to cover groves worn in crankshaft sealing areas with great results. They are a very thin stainless steel sleeve that you press on the shaft using locktite sealer. They come in all sizes... :idea: :idea:

Good luck, and be sure and post how you end up fixing the problem for future reference. :arrow:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Post subject: Re: repair sleeve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
Check with a machine shop that does automotive. I know in the past I have used a part called a "Redi sleve" to cover groves worn in crankshaft sealing areas with great results. They are a very thin stainless steel sleeve that you press on the shaft using locktite sealer. They come in all sizes... :idea: :idea:

Good luck, and be sure and post how you end up fixing the problem for future reference. :arrow:

thanks, I should have written repair sleeve, not speedy sleeve.