It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379 ... 484  Next
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:56 pm 
LOST Member

Got a full size spare tire and mounted it on the roof. Used about 10 ft of 3/4in galvanized pipe, some tees, and u bolts with lock nuts ImageImageImageImage the tire is held down by more galvanized steel and a make shift nut. Hold it down tight but I'm gonna get a couple good ratchet straps tomorrow just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:10 am 
LOST Junkie

Image. This baby will be here Wednesday

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Tinted my windows, 20% front doors and 5% all others. Got a pre cut kit form northern tint all windows fit perfect except for the back, it didnt have cut outs for the defroster connections.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:59 pm 
LOST Member

Well, Saturday afternoon I was blessed with the amazing Check Engine Light....no idea what it could be since it's a 2011. But my first guess would be the spark plugs, I haven't changed them yet since owning it only just over a year ago (Rent-A-Car dealership had it before me) so I highly doubt they did ANY regular maintenance. Also have a friend who works at a auto body shop, he's gonna let me use their scanner and see what code it fires at me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:05 pm 
LOST Addict

nFodzy wrote:
Well, Saturday afternoon I was blessed with the amazing Check Engine Light....no idea what it could be since it's a 2011. But my first guess would be the spark plugs, I haven't changed them yet since owning it only just over a year ago (Rent-A-Car dealership had it before me) so I highly doubt they did ANY regular maintenance. Also have a friend who works at a auto body shop, he's gonna let me use their scanner and see what code it fires at me.

The most popular things I've seen is a misfire which would be fixed by changing the spark plugs or ignition coils or a evap leak which may be the gas cap or something loose with the evap canister.
Keep us posted.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:53 pm 
LOST Member

Gageraid wrote:
nFodzy wrote:

The most popular things I've seen is a misfire which would be fixed by changing the spark plugs or ignition coils or a evap leak which may be the gas cap or something loose with the evap canister.
Keep us posted.

So I just returned from getting it scanned. I'll be searching it to find out what it is but maybe someone else knows. Evap leak would make sense but who knows. Gas cap was secure!

Code: P0455 - Evaporative emission system leak detected (gross leak/no flow)

EDIT: Found this link, its for a KJ but.. Im pretty sure the gas cap was fine though... Ill do the check tomorrow morning with more light.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7662

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Try opening the gas cap and closing it again. Maybe it wasn't on secure enough. After that, I'm not sure. There could be a legit leak or the cap could be bad. Hopefully others will chime in

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mine threw a code for minor evap leak. Tightened the gas cap and it cleared. :2cents:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:24 am 
LOST Member

Ted15 wrote:
Mine threw a code for minor evap leak. Tightened the gas cap and it cleared. :2cents:

Well to me mine is tight. But when I first did check the gas cap, the string that attaches to it was wrapped around, and the whole insert now seems kinda loose. I don't think it's always been like that... I can almost wiggle the whole thing back and fourth?

I'm off today so I'll be going through everything again including the gas cap and all the lines. I might even look into going to the Dealership to see if they have any OE gas caps in stock for the KK.

Seriously not having a good week... my girlfriend and I had to wake up at 4am today cause she's going on a business trip for 2 weeks, and now my car starter isn't working. The blue security light on the dash usually flashes when locked/unlocked and now it says lit blue (no flashing) as well as when I push the start button, the truck doesn't start. All the lights just flash and nothing...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:27 am 
LOST Addict

nFodzy wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

Well to me mine is tight. But when I first did check the gas cap, the string that attaches to it was wrapped around, and the whole insert now seems kinda loose. I don't think it's always been like that... I can almost wiggle the whole thing back and fourth?

I'm off today so I'll be going through everything again including the gas cap and all the lines. I might even look into going to the Dealership to see if they have any OE gas caps in stock for the KK.

Seriously not having a good week... my girlfriend and I had to wake up at 4am today cause she's going on a business trip for 2 weeks, and now my car starter isn't working. The blue security light on the dash usually flashes when locked/unlocked and now it says lit blue (no flashing) as well as when I push the start button, the truck doesn't start. All the lights just flash and nothing...

I doubt it's the grommet, mine has been loose the whole time I've owned her. The gas cap being open doesn't affect it's ability to turn on and drive either (might have driven 45mi back to base without resealing the gas cap.....).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:14 pm 
LOST Member

Took the KK to The 4x4 section north of Corolla at OBX last week.

3" OME Lift Kit + Al's A-Arms
Cooper Adventurer A/T - 245/75R16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:23 pm 
LOST Junkie

Erikg84 wrote:
Took the KK to The 4x4 section north of Corolla at OBX last week.

Very cool. I used to spend a week there every summer for years. We spent a few years in Duck and drove to Corolla a few times. Great area.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:23 pm 
LOST Addict

A little KK TLC today. :JEEPIN: I washed the mud off from yesterday's trip to the farm, and filled rock chips with touch up paint. Yesterday afternoon we drove on some muddy back roads, and it was a rainy day in southern MI. We visited the farm where our CSA comes from, and picked 5 tremendous buckets of pesticide-free green beans. We've managed to give away about 2 buckets worth to friends! That leaves 3 buckets for us to eat and freeze for the winter. Nothing like harvesting your own food. :)

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:29 pm 
LOST Junkie

I parked mine for 4 days while I took a trip to Vegas. It was the best mpg I've gotten with the Jeep yet! :lol:

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:58 pm 
LOST Member

Good news, car starter wasn't broken or anything.. Somehow I managed to put it in valet mode.... :ROTFL:

Also picked up a new gas cap for $20 at the dealership. Gonna wait to see if the check engine light comes back on and I do the switch to see if that's why it was reading Code P0455.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 pm 
LOST Member

Painted and installed my ATH rack last night and did the cargo anchor mod.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:33 pm 
LOST Addict

I think I started something with this mod haha. Whoop whoop! I contributed haha.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:56 pm 
LOST Member

NAMoulton1 wrote:
I think I started something with this mod haha. Whoop whoop! I contributed haha.

You definitely did haha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:47 pm 
LOST Addict

I washed it yesterday. First time in a while actually... She's due for a detailing, but I don't want to do it before winter :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 pm 
LOST Addict

Bmxer524 wrote:
I washed it yesterday. First time in a while actually... She's due for a detailing, but I don't want to do it before winter :banghead:

This is a critical time to do it. You want to have the paint waxed before the salt comes.
I've been trying to find time this week to do mine as well.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379 ... 484  Next