It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 103  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Random Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:39 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Wrangler Rubicon with Diesel,
will be what 52,000 or so :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:09 pm 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:

So is a WK2 Summit 3.0L hahaha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:02 pm 
LOST Addict

Tom, it's not like the old days. No more can you order a base trim vehicle with no options other than the big engine. Kinda dumb if you ask me....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:14 pm 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:

like I said, if FCA does a good enough job on this wrangler, bye bye KK. anyone want to swap a very well taken care of engine for a good price with a brand new 4.2L v6 Cummins?

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:28 am 
LOST Addict

As much as I love this snow, I miss the warmth. I have some serious thoughts and ideas that require good weather so I can crawl underneath my Jeep.
My aerodynamic underbelly has been brewing in my head for a few weeks now. :SOMBRERO:

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:58 am 
LOST Addict

Gageraid wrote:
As much as I love this snow, I miss the warmth. I have some serious thoughts and ideas that require good weather so I can crawl underneath my Jeep.
My aerodynamic underbelly has been brewing in my head for a few weeks now. :SOMBRERO:

A garage would suffice. I wish I had one of those. Doesn't even need heat. I can get a heater to put in it lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:53 am 
LOST Addict

I miss having my carport at my other house. Privacy, and protected you and the Jeep from the elements.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:43 am 
LOST Junkie

It was 40 and sunny here on Wednesday. Absolutely beautiful. This morning it was -9 :banghead:

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:36 pm 
LOST Addict

the only modified H2 in town.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:56 pm 

I could never live anywhere that did not have a garage
I drive 98 miles to work one way for over 6 months just waiting for a house with garage to come open
If no garage I don't live there . One of the reasons I didn't move to Eastern Pa a couple of years ago, homes with garages were hard to find and priced double

But no vehicle is worth 50-55,000 unless it has my home mounted on it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:02 pm 

Bmxer524 wrote:
Tom, it's not like the old days. No more can you order a base trim vehicle with no options other than the big engine. Kinda dumb if you ask me....

Agree , they don't build or sell to individuals any longer only to the mall masses :wink:
They have thrown enough advertising crap out there that everyone now thinks they need PWs/ ESP/ loud stereos/ automatic this and that etc etc etc
Training everyone for the day drivers will be mindless zombies that push a button and are automatically taken to wherever they want to go :ROTFL:
Oh wait we already have mindless zombies on the road today............... :grim: :dead:
:ROTFL: :BANANA: :pepper:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:08 pm 
LOST Addict

I really grew up in the wrong time. Take the Hellcat Challenger for example. $65k car, and fully loaded. The old days you can go in and get a base model Challenger with it's only option being that hellcat Hemi. I want the 700hp not the fancy touch screen in it. And no way will I be able to afford that kind of money, at least not until I'm over 30. There's a reason why kids aren't getting new muscle cars...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:50 pm 
LOST Addict

Bmxer524 wrote:
There's a reason why kids aren't getting new muscle cars...

"Insurance" I don't think ill buy a sports car. the closest thing that id buy would be an srt8.

same here bmxer. I wouldn't have minded having a carbureted v8 with a manual trans. gasser in those days, not a diesel like I want these days. its all about the torque!

and people my age don't have a salaried job and have a car younger then 5 years old. I got my 2012 KK in November 2013.

and its almost payed off!

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:05 pm 
LOST Addict

PALiftedKK wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:
There's a reason why kids aren't getting new muscle cars...

"Insurance" I don't think ill buy a sports car. the closest thing that id buy would be an srt8.

same here bmxer. I wouldn't have minded having a carbureted v8 with a manual trans. gasser in those days, not a diesel like I want these days. its all about the torque!

and people my age don't have a salaried job and have a car younger then 5 years old. I got my 2012 KK in November 2013.

and its almost payed off!

I got lucky with my KK. The way my family is, the kids get handed their first car(provided we do well in school etc). My mom being the worrier gave me her car which was an 06 Hyundai with 40k miles. I drove it senior year of high school and then going to summer classes for college I got rear ended. The car was totaled. Insurance gave us 13k which was put down on a new 2011 KK. I think it's almost done. I think I have about a year left on payments, and my payments are nothing. They're only about $180 a month or so.

Now I'm here saving what I can for a house and engagement ring. I'll get to school payments eventually. And of course I always have some money aside in case I stumble across an old 71-71 Chevelle convertible. That's when the fun starts. :twisted: I honestly am getting really tired of driving autos. I can't wait to get a manual transmission vehicle, sadly I don't think my future JKU will be a stick though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:26 pm 
LOST Addict

Bmxer524 wrote:

sadly I don't think my future JKU will be a stick though.

Build one. buy a TJ or a JKU. throw a stick in there.

technically you have a manual trans... well a 2 speed manual trans. 3rd and 4th are for the highway... I accidently was in 2nd going 50 or so for a while till I realized the engine was wide awake...

man I beat my KK up.

I've never off roaded in a manual.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:34 pm 
LOST Addict

Bmxer524 wrote:
I got lucky with my KK. The way my family is, the kids get handed their first car(provided we do well in school etc). My mom being the worrier gave me her car which was an 06 Hyundai with 40k miles. I drove it senior year of high school and then going to summer classes for college I got rear ended. The car was totaled. Insurance gave us 13k which was put down on a new 2011 KK. I think it's almost done. I think I have about a year left on payments, and my payments are nothing. They're only about $180 a month or so.

Now I'm here saving what I can for a house and engagement ring. I'll get to school payments eventually. And of course I always have some money aside in case I stumble across an old 71-71 Chevelle convertible. That's when the fun starts. :twisted: I honestly am getting really tired of driving autos. I can't wait to get a manual transmission vehicle, sadly I don't think my future JKU will be a stick though.

That's very low...I'm paying just under $300 a month and still have a few years haha.

I just spent what I have been saving since Dec 2013 on her ring...I feel for you there bro haha. Only one thing costs more than that ring...and that's my KK haha.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:39 pm 
LOST Junkie

Could be worse. You could be paying $400 per month like me and be upside down in it! It was my own doing though and I knew what I was getting into.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:50 pm 
LOST Addict

12KK SFD wrote:
Could be worse. You could be paying $400 per month like me and be upside down in it!

you understand this though... without the water though.

did you have a "if you can read this, roll me over" sticker on? I heard those save many jeeps in questionable situations.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

That's a terrible day.

Previous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:47 pm 
LOST Addict

NAMoulton1 wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:

That's very low...I'm paying just under $300 a month and still have a few years haha.

I just spent what I have been saving since Dec 2013 on her ring...I feel for you there bro haha. Only one thing costs more than that ring...and that's my KK haha.

I ended up with a great deal on my KK, and the big down payment helped a lot too.

PA, my dreams of a JKU involve a 6.0 GM vortec with a 6l80e. Ever drive one of the HD pickups with the gasser? My dad's company truck comes in at 10k lbs with that power train and it's an animal. Can only imagine it in a 5-6k lbs Jeep lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 103  Next