It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 478, 479, 480, 481, 482  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:38 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Blue Mountains NSW Australia
Gilcano wrote:
Hey do you have a picture to where you put the silicone at? I have the same issue.
Thanks


I do somewhere and a video of the flexing too but need to find the iPad the files are on. Essentially the adhesive sealant (Sika 227 from memory) was applied from the front above the forward doors all the way to the rear end. The rack rail on top of this would also be sealing off the gutter so I’m not sure if just applying silicone along the length will be effective?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Queens, NY
lfhoward wrote:
tommudd wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes we know first hand don't we :wink: :wink:

Yes we do!! Lol.

I had the 4” lift I think for a year and a half before I put on the extended brake lines and you installed the extended sway bar links. Before that the rear end would sort of hop over railroad crossings and just be a bit too harsh over bumps. The extended links really civilized it.

I always had the extended track bar though— never tried to run the lift without it. One big improvement I’ve made since getting the lift is to swap out the heim joints on the ends of the track bar with rod ends with rubber bushings. The suspension is a bit “clicky” with the heims but silent with bushings. Marlin provides a selection for which kind of track bar ends you want on his website. I recommend the Steinjager ends with bushings.


Mr. @tommudd or @lfhoward, what about if I decide to go to 3.5” (saw the “econolift” at JBA website) which coils do I need in the rear to get to 3.5”? Do I need “isolators”? And with the 3.5” I’ll still need the Trackbar+extended brake lines and the extended rear links? I’ll appreciate your help and comments.
Thanks



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27931
Location: Central Ohio/ Tanzania
Gilcano wrote:
lfhoward wrote:
tommudd wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes we know first hand don't we :wink: :wink:

Yes we do!! Lol.

I had the 4” lift I think for a year and a half before I put on the extended brake lines and you installed the extended sway bar links. Before that the rear end would sort of hop over railroad crossings and just be a bit too harsh over bumps. The extended links really civilized it.

I always had the extended track bar though— never tried to run the lift without it. One big improvement I’ve made since getting the lift is to swap out the heim joints on the ends of the track bar with rod ends with rubber bushings. The suspension is a bit “clicky” with the heims but silent with bushings. Marlin provides a selection for which kind of track bar ends you want on his website. I recommend the Steinjager ends with bushings.


Mr. @tommudd or @lfhoward, what about if I decide to go to 3.5” (saw the “econolift” at JBA website) which coils do I need in the rear to get to 3.5”? Do I need “isolators”? And with the 3.5” I’ll still need the Trackbar+extended brake lines and the extended rear links? I’ll appreciate your help and comments.
Thanks



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


for 3.5 inches you'll have to use isolaters along with the coils
yes on the trackbar and I would as well do the extended rear links

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 am
Posts: 111
Location: Smethport, PA
Gilcano wrote:
Ok job done, some before and after.

Before:
Image

After:
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What kind of rotors do you have there? Recommendation?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Queens, NY
KKnut wrote:
Gilcano wrote:
Hey do you have a picture to where you put the silicone at? I have the same issue.
Thanks


I do somewhere and a video of the flexing too but need to find the iPad the files are on. Essentially the adhesive sealant (Sika 227 from memory) was applied from the front above the forward doors all the way to the rear end. The rack rail on top of this would also be sealing off the gutter so I’m not sure if just applying silicone along the length will be effective?


Is this area you are talking about?
Image
Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Queens, NY
Tman's KK wrote:
Gilcano wrote:
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What kind of rotors do you have there? Recommendation?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Check Rockauto.com
Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:58 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:38 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Blue Mountains NSW Australia
Gilcano wrote:
KKnut wrote:
Gilcano wrote:
Hey do you have a picture to where you put the silicone at? I have the same issue.
Thanks


I do somewhere and a video of the flexing too but need to find the iPad the files are on. Essentially the adhesive sealant (Sika 227 from memory) was applied from the front above the forward doors all the way to the rear end. The rack rail on top of this would also be sealing off the gutter so I’m not sure if just applying silicone along the length will be effective?


Is this area you are talking about?
Image
Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro


No, in the roof gutter where the rack rails are mounted but some KKs may need extra sealing in this area too?

I’m certain there’s already a thread on this topic, better to ask questions there.

Here’s one, which leads to another...
viewtopic.php?t=89394


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 2975
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Today I received a fun shipment from AtTheHelm!

Image

:BANANA: :rockon: :pepper:

It’s ATH’s custom KK-specific roof rack. Next step is to investigate shops that could do the powder coating near me, and then get it painted. I’ll keep you all updated with pics as I get it prepped and installed.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a used roof basket, my old one is listed in the For Sale section.

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 245/75/R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System

Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 pm
Posts: 101
Location: New Albany Indiana
lfhoward wrote:
Today I received a fun shipment from AtTheHelm!

Image

:BANANA: :rockon: :pepper:

It’s ATH’s custom KK-specific roof rack. Next step is to investigate shops that could do the powder coating near me, and then get it painted. I’ll keep you all updated with pics as I get it prepped and installed.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a used roof basket, my old one is listed in the For Sale section.



I just got mine too. Shipping to louisville was cheap too. Ill be powdercoating mine metallic black. Just have to find the best way to hang it. My ovens 6ftx3ftx3ft so a bit at a time lol. Im stoked

_________________
08 Maroon Liberty
Black headlight housing mod
Rigid Industries D2XL Pods
At The Helm shackles with red D-rings
And Roof Rack with Rough Country 40" light bar in front and 4 Dually pods on the rear
Custom Flip Switches and Custom panel
17 inch Black Rock rims
Rough Country 2.5 in budget lift
Bearcat 980 SSB CB
Kenwood double din cd dvd player


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 2975
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Shaffer wrote:
I just got mine too. Shipping to louisville was cheap too. Ill be powdercoating mine metallic black. Just have to find the best way to hang it. My ovens 6ftx3ftx3ft so a bit at a time lol. Im stoked

Can’t wait to get mine powder coated also. It sounds like you have a paint shop if you’re doing powder coating yourself!

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 245/75/R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System

Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 pm
Posts: 101
Location: New Albany Indiana
lfhoward wrote:
Shaffer wrote:
I just got mine too. Shipping to louisville was cheap too. Ill be powdercoating mine metallic black. Just have to find the best way to hang it. My ovens 6ftx3ftx3ft so a bit at a time lol. Im stoked

Can’t wait to get mine powder coated also. It sounds like you have a paint shop if you’re doing powder coating yourself!


Its actually my side business. Based out of jeffersonville indiana. Powdercoat and cerakote. Check out our fb or Instagram.

Ig. @theshopguys
Fb the shop guys

Ill post some stuff when i get home

_________________
08 Maroon Liberty
Black headlight housing mod
Rigid Industries D2XL Pods
At The Helm shackles with red D-rings
And Roof Rack with Rough Country 40" light bar in front and 4 Dually pods on the rear
Custom Flip Switches and Custom panel
17 inch Black Rock rims
Rough Country 2.5 in budget lift
Bearcat 980 SSB CB
Kenwood double din cd dvd player


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 pm
Posts: 101
Location: New Albany Indiana
my oven

https://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b6 ... x9rhiv.jpg

sandblasted TL wheels

https://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b6 ... yqug4d.jpg

fresh coat

https://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b6 ... 1a0wiy.jpg

baked and done

https://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b6 ... s4issk.jpg
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b63 ... rsbzbd.jpg
https://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b6 ... 94znty.jpg
other randoms
https://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b6 ... xhjcq2.jpg
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b63 ... 2aenuj.jpg
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b63 ... xswzxd.jpg
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b63 ... 7lg01h.jpg
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b63 ... yztopa.jpg
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b63 ... tbl7j.jpeg
https://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b6 ... y8cwvp.jpg
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b63 ... cp0x4u.jpg

_________________
08 Maroon Liberty
Black headlight housing mod
Rigid Industries D2XL Pods
At The Helm shackles with red D-rings
And Roof Rack with Rough Country 40" light bar in front and 4 Dually pods on the rear
Custom Flip Switches and Custom panel
17 inch Black Rock rims
Rough Country 2.5 in budget lift
Bearcat 980 SSB CB
Kenwood double din cd dvd player


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 2975
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Today I repaired the inner back door. Two things were broken on the same door: the locking mechanism and the window regulator. I got both from different junkyards for about $50 each.

On the way to disassembling everything:
Image

This is the lock actuator. There’s a piece missing where the locking rod attaches.
Image

I didn’t take many pics during this job, but I got it all reassembled and everything works! Yay for recycled Mopar parts.

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 245/75/R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System

Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:18 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 2975
Location: Philadelphia, PA
State of PA inspection today... fingers crossed for no additional expenses!

The KK is 11 years old now and at 158K miles. It’s been lifted since 60K and I’ve been running the same set of Duratracs since 70K! Those tires still have decent tread! Looks like I might get 100K miles out of them.

:JEEPIN:

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 245/75/R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System

Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:33 pm
Posts: 1
Has anyone changed their rear end links and had the welded bolt snap off inside the frame? I'm at a loss. I also cannot find the service repair manual online anywhere. This is a 2012 liberty .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 2975
Location: Philadelphia, PA
I got a P0456 code today for a small evap leak. Tomorrow I’ll see if there are any cracked or loose hoses going from the evap canister to the purge valve under the hood. If not, replacing my 11 year old gas cap would be the next thing on my list.

Has anyone had this code, and what turned out to be the solution for you?

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 245/75/R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System

Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 pm
Posts: 101
Location: New Albany Indiana
Image

_________________
08 Maroon Liberty
Black headlight housing mod
Rigid Industries D2XL Pods
At The Helm shackles with red D-rings
And Roof Rack with Rough Country 40" light bar in front and 4 Dually pods on the rear
Custom Flip Switches and Custom panel
17 inch Black Rock rims
Rough Country 2.5 in budget lift
Bearcat 980 SSB CB
Kenwood double din cd dvd player


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 2975
Location: Philadelphia, PA
That looks awesome!!!

Do you have any photos of how you wired up the lights? I have an ATH roof rack awaiting powder coating but I’d like to do the same thing with a light bar in the front and pods in the rear. I’m interested in how you routed the wires to the lights— did you drill holes or did you run them under weatherstripping?

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 245/75/R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System

Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 pm
Posts: 101
Location: New Albany Indiana
lfhoward wrote:
That looks awesome!!!

Do you have any photos of how you wired up the lights? I have an ATH roof rack awaiting powder coating but I’d like to do the same thing with a light bar in the front and pods in the rear. I’m interested in how you routed the wires to the lights— did you drill holes or did you run them under weatherstripping?


i didnt. but basically took the passenger tail light out. ran it through the vent into the trunk. ziptied it to the stock harness going under the window in the rear (removed all trunk panelling) and ran it under the trim on the floor board. then under the carpet on the passenger floor board and through the center console. then up behind the radio to the custom switch panel. i posted all that in its own thread

_________________
08 Maroon Liberty
Black headlight housing mod
Rigid Industries D2XL Pods
At The Helm shackles with red D-rings
And Roof Rack with Rough Country 40" light bar in front and 4 Dually pods on the rear
Custom Flip Switches and Custom panel
17 inch Black Rock rims
Rough Country 2.5 in budget lift
Bearcat 980 SSB CB
Kenwood double din cd dvd player


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:55 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:10 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Russia
Prior to overlanding season starts I made holders for shovel and axe:

Image

Easy access - no trunk stuff takeout, no need even liftgate open - just open liftglass and voila!
Image

Blades both are held with Ikea magnetic knife holder.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 478, 479, 480, 481, 482  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com