It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 477, 478, 479, 480, 481
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Gilcano wrote:
Hey do you have a picture to where you put the silicone at? I have the same issue.
Thanks

I do somewhere and a video of the flexing too but need to find the iPad the files are on. Essentially the adhesive sealant (Sika 227 from memory) was applied from the front above the forward doors all the way to the rear end. The rack rail on top of this would also be sealing off the gutter so I’m not sure if just applying silicone along the length will be effective?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:39 pm 
LOST Member

lfhoward wrote:
tommudd wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes we know first hand don't we :wink: :wink:

Yes we do!! Lol.

I had the 4” lift I think for a year and a half before I put on the extended brake lines and you installed the extended sway bar links. Before that the rear end would sort of hop over railroad crossings and just be a bit too harsh over bumps. The extended links really civilized it.

I always had the extended track bar though— never tried to run the lift without it. One big improvement I’ve made since getting the lift is to swap out the heim joints on the ends of the track bar with rod ends with rubber bushings. The suspension is a bit “clicky” with the heims but silent with bushings. Marlin provides a selection for which kind of track bar ends you want on his website. I recommend the Steinjager ends with bushings.

Mr. @tommudd or @lfhoward, what about if I decide to go to 3.5” (saw the “econolift” at JBA website) which coils do I need in the rear to get to 3.5”? Do I need “isolators”? And with the 3.5” I’ll still need the Trackbar+extended brake lines and the extended rear links? I’ll appreciate your help and comments.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Gilcano wrote:
lfhoward wrote:
tommudd wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes we know first hand don't we :wink: :wink:

Yes we do!! Lol.

I had the 4” lift I think for a year and a half before I put on the extended brake lines and you installed the extended sway bar links. Before that the rear end would sort of hop over railroad crossings and just be a bit too harsh over bumps. The extended links really civilized it.

I always had the extended track bar though— never tried to run the lift without it. One big improvement I’ve made since getting the lift is to swap out the heim joints on the ends of the track bar with rod ends with rubber bushings. The suspension is a bit “clicky” with the heims but silent with bushings. Marlin provides a selection for which kind of track bar ends you want on his website. I recommend the Steinjager ends with bushings.

Mr. @tommudd or @lfhoward, what about if I decide to go to 3.5” (saw the “econolift” at JBA website) which coils do I need in the rear to get to 3.5”? Do I need “isolators”? And with the 3.5” I’ll still need the Trackbar+extended brake lines and the extended rear links? I’ll appreciate your help and comments.
Thanks

for 3.5 inches you'll have to use isolaters along with the coils
yes on the trackbar and I would as well do the extended rear links

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Gilcano wrote:
Ok job done, some before and after.

Before:

After:

What kind of rotors do you have there? Recommendation?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:26 pm 
LOST Member

KKnut wrote:
Gilcano wrote:
Hey do you have a picture to where you put the silicone at? I have the same issue.
Thanks

I do somewhere and a video of the flexing too but need to find the iPad the files are on. Essentially the adhesive sealant (Sika 227 from memory) was applied from the front above the forward doors all the way to the rear end. The rack rail on top of this would also be sealing off the gutter so I’m not sure if just applying silicone along the length will be effective?

Is this area you are talking about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 pm 
LOST Member

Tman's KK wrote:
Gilcano wrote:

What kind of rotors do you have there? Recommendation?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Check Rockauto.com

Post subject: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Gilcano wrote:
KKnut wrote:
Gilcano wrote:
Thanks

Is this area you are talking about?

No, in the roof gutter where the rack rails are mounted but some KKs may need extra sealing in this area too?

I’m certain there’s already a thread on this topic, better to ask questions there.

Here’s one, which leads to another...
viewtopic.php?t=89394

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 477, 478, 479, 480, 481