It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:20 am 
LOST Member

Unfortunatly jeep is loosing it's identity with shared plateforms. For along time, jeep ws jeep, and dodge was dodge, not so anymore. Your just buying a dodge that says jeep on it. 65 years of jeep as we knew it is all but gone. The last 2 remaining jeeps were the lib and wrangler built ai the old Toledo jeep plant. Although the kj used chrysler engines, it was it's own vehicle and a jeep, the wrangler still had the straight 6 that they have been using in one form or another since the 60's. The wrangler is all chrysler now, and the lib will be just a rebadged dodge like the compass, jeep is extinct for all practical purposes. Hold on to your 06 wranglers and your 07 kj's, thier the last of any resemblence to a real jeep. From here on out they will be 7 slot grilled dodges.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:00 pm 
I live here
I live here

As I sat behind a Dodge Durango at a street light, I noticed how similar it was to the KJ and even more so with the future KK.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:16 am 
LOST Member

To say the least they barrowed the drango's tail lights. The kj is all jeep for the most part, still made in Toledo at the jeep plant where they've been made for 65 years, no other vehicle in the chrysler line up like it. Still has a manual t-case and allthuogh it has ifs, it still has springs in the front instead of torsion bars, still follows the design route of the little cherekee it replaced. Jeep has used other manafacture's engines in the past, so the chrysler v6 is no big deal, plus it's a good engine. The new nitro based lib will be more dodge than jeep, I wouldn't be suprised to see the manual t-case gone. The new 4.0 maybe the bright spot in all this. The lib should would of been a torque monster if it had the old 4.0 I-6, but would need a longer hood hee hee. The diesel made up for that, but now it's gone. I'm no fan of diesels, but it was cool to have that option. The GC was never built at the jeep plant, it's all chrysler, but I liked it, it looked like a jeep, had a straight front axle, could get the 4.0 I-6. They've totally ruined that, it doesn't even look good now. I for one don't like the direction jeep is going, sorry to say, but the patriot is the most jeepish of the new offerings and it's a poser, but it has rugged looks, a nice offroad package and a suito lowrange, but with gas prices the way they are, I can see a need for it in the lineup, but the compass is pushing it. The new wrangler is ok I guess, just not happy with thier motor choice to replace the tried and true I-6, it really could use a 4 cylinder diesel option. The great thing about jeep, that after 65 years, theres so many of them a round, there's enough real jeeps to last a use a life time, nomatter what direction chrysler takes it, "yee ha baby", keep jeepin !!!!!!!

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject: '08 Body Revealed!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:29 am 
LOST Newbie

Someone caught the new KK uncovered. Check it out. It's a baby Commander now.

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/liberty-2008.html

If you scroll down just past the middle of the page, and scroll side to side (depending on your monitor resolution), there's a great pic of a KJ and KK parked end to end.

Post subject: Re: '08 Body Revealed!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:39 am 
LOST Member

Jeepin Jason wrote:
Someone caught the new KK uncovered. Check it out. It's a baby Commander now.
Now I know I really don't like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:44 am 
LOST Junkie

At first glance I almost gagged, but I'm hoping the production front end will be a bit different and then it should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:31 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

New more revealing pictures: http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/liberty-2008.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Rock Lizard wrote:

pssst, Marty, look about 3 posts up. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Overall, the Liberty will incorporate a number of changes and improvements engineered into the Dodge Nitro, while increasing its off-road worthiness.

I think I'm 50/50 on the new design, but I definitely don't see anything that would make it better off road, quite the contrary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:30 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Doesn't particularly matter to meet what it looks like but I sure so want it to be liftable and run bigger tires. Otherwise its a no fly.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7