It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:11 pm 
LOST Member

KW AV8R wrote:
That said, if Jeep embraced its heritage and made a distinctive line of rugged vehicles, they would sell. IMHO, I feel that there should be a max of four vehicles in the line up.

Wrangler (sturdy, compact, heavily-modifiable - the core of Jeep)
Gladiator (sturdy, true mid-sized pickup capable of towing and recovering a Wrangler and carrying the camping gear etc... - muscle of the Jeep line)
Grand Cherokee (~Wagoneer - sturdy, based on Gladiator chassis, can tow a boat/camper trailer, possibly with 3rd-row seating - flagship of the Jeep line)
Liberty (~Jeepster - sturdy, smaller SUV, just about as capable as the Wrangler but with a hard-top and a little more room - moneymaker of the Jeep line)

BINGO!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Couldn't agree more. The new Liberty would be awesome if it were the same thing, only with a Renegade/Rubicon option that has solid D44s front and back.

Quote:
Wrangler (sturdy, compact, heavily-modifiable - the core of Jeep)
Gladiator (sturdy, true mid-sized pickup capable of towing and recovering a Wrangler and carrying the camping gear etc... - muscle of the Jeep line)
Grand Cherokee (~Wagoneer - sturdy, based on Gladiator chassis, can tow a boat/camper trailer, possibly with 3rd-row seating - flagship of the Jeep line)
Liberty (~Jeepster - sturdy, smaller SUV, just about as capable as the Wrangler but with a hard-top and a little more room - moneymaker of the Jeep line)

They should leave the strictly road vehicles to the Dodge/Chrysler badges. The only caveat I have to this is if they made a true rally-edition of the Compass (not just some cosmetic additions). I feel the Wrangler should go back to being a 2-door but keeping the Unlimited and Rubicon options. The Liberty should take its styling cues from the Wrangler, be a 4-door, and the Renegade should have the same options as the Rubicon. The Gladiator and Grand Cherokee should be based on the Gladiator/Rescue concepts with upgraded off-road optional trim similar to the Rubicon/Renegade trims above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:53 pm 
LOST Member

I just think it's very ugly, looks like a Commander not a Liberty. They should have just made improvements to the old one, not made a mini Commander.

I know my wife & I will NOT be buying any more Libertys. Maybe a Wrangler, IF they start offering a good motor (the 3.8L is junk IMO).

'04 KJ sport, Rustys spacers front+ Skyjacker coils rear,16"x8" Rubi's LT245/75R16 BFG A/T, Mopar skids & hooks, Reese Hitch.
'96 XJ sport, Rustys lift NOW 4.25" with arms, NOW 32x11.5R15 muds, Rustys hooks, Valley Hitch.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2273596
'78 Z-28 & '96 Metro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I heard they might be putting the new 4.0L in both the KK and JK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

Apple wrote:
When I bought my Liberty, I asked the salesman if the Grand Cherokee had a true part time 4 wheel drive for off road use and he said "Of course! The day that changes it will not be a Jeep anymore." Last week when I was looking at the new Wrangler I asked the same question and he said "Only on the 8 Cylinders".

Um, your salesman appears to be talking smack ... there aren't currently any 8-cylinder Wranglers. If there were, sales really WOULD be through the roof. All 2-door JKs are 4WD; optional on 4-doors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

I don't like the looks of it either, the current model looks way better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

FrenchCamp49er wrote:
I don't like the looks of it either, the current model looks way better.

With the exception of the Compass, I've pretty much become a Jeep fan no matter what I've realized. Theres not really one (other than the Compass) that I wouldnt drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:41 am 
LOST Newbie

LoneWolf wrote:
Apple wrote:
When I bought my Liberty, I asked the salesman if the Grand Cherokee had a true part time 4 wheel drive for off road use and he said "Of course! The day that changes it will not be a Jeep anymore." Last week when I was looking at the new Wrangler I asked the same question and he said "Only on the 8 Cylinders".

Um, your salesman appears to be talking smack ... there aren't currently any 8-cylinder Wranglers. If there were, sales really WOULD be through the roof. All 2-door JKs are 4WD; optional on 4-doors.

I was looking at Wranglers but that comment was about the Grand Cherokees. I know that the JK's only have the 3.8L 6 cyl. I traded in my KJ for a 2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited last Monday.