Post subject: KK'S BIG BRO
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:59 pm 
I live here
I live here

Hey Recon......so, what's your point?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i think he's just trying to get teh Commander some recognition on the board...as in i think he might be looking for a WK section in where we have teh Wranglers and Commanche's and such...that is my guess...at any rate, sweet looking Commander I think

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:04 pm 
LOST Member

Nice scenery, too bad there is a giant red refrigerator blocking the view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:11 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
Hey Recon......so, what's your point?

That thing is killer....Nice ride man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:11 pm 
LOST Member

Now that is how a Commander should look. I would trade the KJ for a Hemi 4x4 today if I could handle the massive drain on the wallet. I have to pack kids and dogs in my KJ on a regular basis, lol.

Good looking rig but I think that it belongs in another section of the forum.

L.O.S.T. #006901
Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift & Diff Skid, 245/75-16 REVO's, K&N
****Grocery Rated****

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my libby. It's my favorite car of the 7 I've owned in my 15 years of driving.

But if/when it dies, I'd seriously consider getting a 4x4 commander with the hemi. There's already more afterket available for it than the libby and it's only 1 year old.

[]--------[] ---2.5" BDS lift, 245/75/16 MT/Rs, Moab Rims, Locked and Regeared!
[]_____[] ---The list got to long, go to my web site for more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:58 pm 
LOST Member

A nice looking rig, a comander is more jeep looking than a GC. As far as a hemie in something that big and heavy, it's not as impressive as you might think. Hemie powered rams aren't all that special, thier ok, but thier no race car. Big engine, light body = excitment.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:29 pm 
LOST Junkie

Sweet rig....CRD sounds better to me. Keep your Hemi. :P

89' 2 Dr. Khaki XJ- Waggy 44's, 4.88s, 35's, 3-link on 5.5" coils.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:37 am 
LOST Member

I really didnt like Commanders at first. I thought "great, a bigger heavier body on a grand cherokee chassis." But that pic really does it justice. It'd probably make a much better familiy offroading-mobile than a KJ. Not that I'd know since Im single and have no kids that i know about :P... I agree about CRD vs Hemi...for the most part...

If they offered the 425hp 6.1L SRT hemi in the Commander or Grand Cherokee, but in conjunction with a badass off-road package that'd be tits. Yeah the SRT-8 GC is cool but build something with that motor that can go offroad, please! That, or I'd take one of the rumored twin-turbo diesel V6 GC's that theyre supposed to be coming out with. Thats going to be an awesome motor.

2006 Sport 4X4, Deep Beryl Green, NSG370, NV241J, Lifted with OME 927/948 and Bilstein, JBA 4.5 UCA's, Custom 3" Rear Y-Link Extension and Swaybar Relocation, 265/75-16 Toyo Open Country AT2 tires, Black Plastidipped bumpers, flares, and doors, Pioneer speakers, Alpine head unit, 1200w Phoenix Gold Amp, 12" Dayton Reference sub.

Post subject: Can you say Macbeth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:03 am 
LOST Newbie

This new kk will rock the socks off of the old kj. Just give it a year and there will be more mods out there then there are for the current kj. They will offer a 4" lift in a year......Why...??? because they can sell it for the Nitro and the KK. They are not dumb. They know what they are doing. Adapt or overcome. Darwin. Mutations developed to survive. Dont be the old man telling stories of how it used to be. Get a new one and mod it. Good luck with the gremlins/pacers.......Ha Haaaaaa Haaaa

Post subject: Re: Can you say Macbeth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:42 am 
LOST Addict

recon wrote:
This new kk will rock the socks off of the old kj. Just give it a year and there will be more mods out there then there are for the current kj. They will offer a 4" lift in a year......Why...??? because they can sell it for the Nitro and the KK. They are not dumb. They know what they are doing. Adapt or overcome. Darwin. Mutations developed to survive. Dont be the old man telling stories of how it used to be. Get a new one and mod it. Good luck with the gremlins/pacers.......Ha Haaaaaa Haaaa

Sweet, that means in a few generations everyone can be driving the exact same car...That would be so cool! Or NOT. :roll:

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:53 pm 
LOST Member

recon wrote:

The NITRO will not be in the market for lifting and off-roading. That is a joke. Dodge has specifically designed that vehicle for the street/appeareance in mind. Not to say people won't lift it but it will be 90% less appealing.

Just a note that the Nitro and current Jeep KJ are rolling off the same exact assembly line with the same body components. Difference = Nitro totally different body. If someone wanted to lift a Ntiro they could right now.

<b>L.O.S.T MID-WEST MEMBER #057522 </b>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

recon wrote:

Please tell me you did not just use darwin to justify your posting of a picture.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:54 pm 
LOST Junkie

MoladoGuy wrote:
recon wrote:

The NITRO will not be in the market for lifting and off-roading. That is a joke. Dodge has specifically designed that vehicle for the street/appeareance in mind. Not to say people won't lift it but it will be 90% less appealing.

Just a note that the Nitro and current Jeep KJ are rolling off the same exact assembly line with the same body components. Difference = Nitro totally different body. If someone wanted to lift a Ntiro they could right now.

Yep. If the Nitro was supposed to go offroad, 20" rims wouldnt be an option from the factory. And Recon, I'm really not quite sure what you're thrill is with bashing Liberties. I'll admit they have their flaws, but my parents truck is bigger than the Commander and a Chevy Topkick is bigger than their truck. Moral of the story=theres always gonna be something bigger and better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:34 pm 
I live here
I live here

Recon, what is your Break-over angle? I know the KJ is better. That KK will be worse....same with that Cherokee on roids.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:59 pm 
LOST Member

News flash! It's not his XK, it belongs to AEV and it's a demo platform. Nice lookin' truck though.

Post subject: Come on REALLY!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

COME ON REALLY!!