It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

BiodieselJeep.com wrote:
I will replace my CRD KJ wen the Unlimited JK 4 door gets a diesel.

Amen to that...

My next Jeep right there... :wink:

KK is nice...but not my style.

89' 2 Dr. Khaki XJ- Waggy 44's, 4.88s, 35's, 3-link on 5.5" coils.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:02 pm 
LOST Addict

courtesy of youtube

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:15 pm 
FlaJeepDiver wrote:
Certainly they could have possibly put in a 3.0 engine for those that don't off road. Right there they would have upped the miles and reduced the weight. Poof a 5 mpg increase, how tell me that would not have improved sales alot better then making it look like a hummer? If BMW can run with a 3.0 why couldnt a Libby? Imagine miles from about 24 city to 30 highway! You would'nt find a Libby in any dealers. I drove mine 100 miles a day 50 miles each way. Do you have any idea how happy I would be with 30 mpg highway! I go off road in the Florida Everglades darn you know what a bummer it is to have to have to carry extra gas. I bought the Libby gas was about 1.43 a gallon now it's about 2.75 a gal. Put that in your new Libby and tell me how they could have modified the Vechile. Nope the KK is a looser. Especially with gas prices going to 3 bucks a gallon. :cry:

When I bought my KJ gas was $2.00+ a gallon. IMO, if it's that big of an issue, get something smaller that gets better gas mileage.

on the smaller-engine front...
the BMW doesn't weigh 4,200-4,300 lbs either. Also, just because it has a smaller engine doesn't mean it'll get better gas mileage. I've had a few T-birds, and the biggest gas hog was an '86 with a 3.8L V6 with a 2.73 rearend (about 24 mpg highway, 16 city), the most miserly was an '88 with a 5.0L with a 3.27 rearend (22ish city, 30ish highway-I averaged 80-85 mph and 29-31 mpg on most roadtrips! of course this was before the cam and other work...)

My solution to the gas mileage in the KJ...3.55 gears and a 4.7L V8 with the 45RFE. little heavier, but more punch (which is my biggest complain about the KJ in stock form) and better gas mileage due to lower cruising RPM's

Also, there's no guarantee that a 3.0L V6 (especially if it was Mitsu-sourced 6G672 SOHC V6 like all Ma Mopar's other 3.0L's, and I hate the 6G72 with a passion)

Are there any 4 banger KJ owners that would care to post what they get for gas mileage, just out of curiosity?

also...the more I see the KK the more I like it. maybe in another 5 years I'll grab one and only pound on my then-250k-mile KJ off road:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:13 am 
LOST Addict

callaway wrote:

Good find! I actually like the look after seeing this video, it looks more rugged and taller. I would like to see what it would look like with a lift and bigger tires. Not bad overall, I do see a bit of the Nitro in there but they are pretty much one in the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:16 am 
This member has been Banned

FlaJeepDiver wrote:
Imagine miles from about 24 city to 30 highway! You would'nt find a Libby in any dealers.

I averaged 31.7MPG on the 350 mile trip I took the past two days in my CRD. And yes, when they were sold they sold like hotcakes, they sold every single one they made, and they spent less than half the time on the lot that gas Jeeps spent.

Make a CRD version of the KK, and I am there(second year though, never buy the first year of a new platform).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

The KK looks good and “manly”, but it lost its uniqueness in the process. I can see a KJ a mile away and have plenty of time for the casual "steering-wheel wave". At first look, the KK immediately reminded me of the Nitro, which isn’t half bad. Oddly enough, I think I’ll miss the rear-mounted spare tire the most – it adds balance to the existing Liberty. The “sky slider” is awesome, though! I’d seriously consider upgrading if the KK allows for (1) a round headlight option, (2) a spare tire mount on the rear tailgate, (3) a larger front wheel well to accommodate larger tires (1.5 yrs & still rubbing!), and (4) a diesel option. Otherwise, I’ll stick with my KJ for as long as possible. Seriously, how hard is it for a manufacturer to offer exterior styling options?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:18 am 
LOST Junkie

I like it but the front end has to go. I don't care for the commander style headlights.

1985 Mitsubishi Pickup SP 2.3 Turbo Diesel Watercooled turbo,4D56 ported head,
12" Suspension Lift with JK Rubicon axles, Elockers, 5.13's, Fox coilovers, Atlas 5.0, Rock Lizard supersliders

1996 Lexus LX450 -locked and lifted-