It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bad day
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:08 pm 
LOST Member

Well, after having the KK for only 3 weeks, I was rear ended today by an uninsured driver. Grrrrrrr. Some scrapes on the bumper, the tow hitch plug (where you plug the trailer lights in) is bent a little, and I think one of the backup sensors is cracked. My insurance is great though, I don't pay anything and they start working on it right away since I will use their shop (the one I use anyways).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:40 pm 
I live here
I live here

Uninsured motorists should be forced to perform many hours of community service AND have automatic deduction from their work paycheck to pay for damages.

or

be allowed to

just shoot them and end the headache.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:57 pm 
LOST Member

I know its not right to say...but, .....that driver would have left the accident scene in an ambulance with injuries not related to the accident.... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

Sorry to hear the bad news! :evil:

Toyojoe...How's that 4" lift working? Any updates or feedback?

2003 Jeep Liberty(KJ) Renegade,235/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors 245/75/16 MTR's,Factory Skids, Selec-Trac,trac lock,Husky Floor Liners,OME Lift,948 rear/926 front,Rusty's strut plate,clevis 2.5 "s, Al's UCA's Gen 4.5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
be allowed to

just shoot them and end the headache.
Only after you get the money out of them :lol: .

That sucks,I know the feeling I got $5500 hail damage on my KJ when it was only 6 months old :evil: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:12 pm 
LOST Member

Well, it happens, just really ticked. Hopefully they will replace the bumper instead of trying to patch up the scratches and paint chips that came off. Also, hopefully it didn't damage a strut or spring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:25 am 
LOST Member

Well, something else to add to the damage. It shifts funny now, there is some sort of grinding noise at low speeds (coasting - 5MPH), and for some reason, the blinker will not turn itself off after making a turn. Seems like the frame was thrown off after he hit me. What a pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

stratamet wrote:
Well, something else to add to the damage. It shifts funny now, there is some sort of grinding noise at low speeds (coasting - 5MPH), and for some reason, the blinker will not turn itself off after making a turn. Seems like the frame was thrown off after he hit me. What a pain.

I don't know, thats kinda hard to believe that the frame was thrown off and you only got some scrapes on the bumper.....I would think if the frame would have gotten out of alignment there wouldn't be much left of your bumper....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:35 pm 
LOST Member

You would think, but, before getting hit, none of these problems, after getting hit, these problems arise. The turn signal issue baffles me. Hopefully they can explain it when it goes in for the repairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:17 pm 
LOST Addict

good luck

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:49 pm 
LOST Member

Sartori wrote:
stratamet wrote:

I don't know, thats kinda hard to believe that the frame was thrown off and you only got some scrapes on the bumper.....I would think if the frame would have gotten out of alignment there wouldn't be much left of your bumper....

cars now a days are designed with a million crumple zones to absorb the shock of impact. so its not unheard of for a 5-10 mph accident to do a lot of damage

coming soon: Corbeau Moab seats, JBA 6"lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:45 pm 
LOST Member

Looks like it's only the bumper that needs to be replaced, they couldn't explain the other stuff. Price for an 08 Liberty bumper.......$9,000!!!!! On the plus side, the rental car they gave me is an 08 Liberty. :)

EDIT: Thought something was wrong. Claims adjuster read the numbers wrong, it's $900. not $9,000.

Last edited by stratamet on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:36 pm 
LOST Addict

does it have skids :twisted:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

06LIB wrote:
I know its not right to say...but, .....that driver would have left the accident scene in an ambulance with injuries not related to the accident.... :twisted:

That would be accident related. If they didn't run into you then you wouldn't have had to injure them. I think it is accident related. Or maybe they just kept falling down after the accident and you were trying to help them up.