It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aftermarket transmission cooler for Jeep KK
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone installed an aftermarket tranmission cooler to their KK yet? Which one did you chose and how easy/difficult was it to install? Since I don't have a factoty-installed towing package I want to open up the possibility for towing up to 5000 lb with my aftermarket hitch by adding the cooler. I realise that the towing package also means full size spare (which, IMO should be standard on any SUV) and anti-sway gizmos, but the spare is sorted, got one a while ago, and I'm not too concerned about the anti-sway electronics. I figure that even without a towed load, the cooler will help to keep the transmission fluid cooler.

By the way, I was at the dealership today and spoke to someone who ordered me a set of front tow hooks - apparently made especially for the KK. Mopar part # 82211654. They cost me $96.50 + taxes. Will install and post pics if different from Diggerfreek's. Reason for the trip to the delearship was to have the a/c looked at (TSB posted here: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... 470#368470). Dealership were awesome, fixed the a/c with no issues. Now it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I believe the difference in the HD cooling is a mechanical fan or something with the fan. I was interesting in the same thing as you are but after talking to the head tech it seemed like a big headache.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 pm 
LOST Addict

oh no, not the HD cooling thing again :lol:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Diggerfreek wrote:
oh no, not the HD cooling thing again :lol:

:lol: I know Digger, here's a link to the old thread that had information on the "tow package"

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... highlight=

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:15 am 
Bush Hunter

toy4everyseason wrote:
I believe the difference in the HD cooling is a mechanical fan or something with the fan. I was interesting in the same thing as you are but after talking to the head tech it seemed like a big headache.

Bigger shroud. or somehting like that.

PS: tow hooks, are for the last kj's. doesn't matter. they are the same.
Unless they changed their shape to help with fitting the one arround the hoses?!?!??

Curt class III/IV hitch, and wireing
O.K. Offroad steel reciever shackle
Zune 80 gig for the tunes,
(Do Jeep slush mats count?)
Life size Amstaff terrier bobble head in rear seat :)