It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here's a different one.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:07 am 
LOST Newbie

I occasionally have a box riding on my passanger seat which sets off the seatbelt warning tone and light. In my previous car, corolla, it was just a light that would flash. Problem was easy to fix, I just unplugged the light :-D.

And if I had my way, I'd disable to the seatbelt warning chime on the passenger seat as well. The place I works has a fairly large campus, where a lot of times I'm toting some peice of equipment from point a to point b never leaving a parking lot, and that chime is just annoying.

2WD Sport w/ Popular Options Group
XM Radio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:33 am 
LOST Newbie

Read the owners manual if you want to turn off the warning chine. Here is how it is done

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition key to the RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver's seat belt remains unfastened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Didn't know that was in the manual but did it this morning in my driveway before I left for work. Seems to have cured the annoyance. I can deal with the light. It's the chime that bothered me. Specially when you have to pull over in the middle of nowhere on the interstate to dump a box on the back seat because the tone is starting to pierce through the music.

2WD Sport w/ Popular Options Group
XM Radio