It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478 ... 484  Next
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Lifted Liberty with a hitch, and a rice rocket would have a giant keyhole punched through the radiator.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
Lifted Liberty with a hitch, and a rice rocket would have a giant keyhole punched through the radiator.

Yeah I was rear ended by a Kia a couple of years ago. Cosmetic damage to bumper skin of the Liberty. Kia lost both headlights and hitch receiver punched a hole through her hood.

Daystar 2" Spacer Lift * Skyjacker N8088 Rear Shocks * Teraflex Front Bump Stops * Grabber AT2 245/70/16 * K&N CAI * Dynomax Ultra Flo Cat-Back Exhaust * Hypertech Max Energy * ATH Front Recovery System * JK Bumper Bar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Replaced 3 year old Goodyear Duratracs (LT245/65 16) and orig Liberty wheels with BFG All Terrain T/A KO LT265/70 16's and MB TKO rims.

Oh, and I washed it. The wheels were cleaner then the car so I had no choice. :pepper:

The rims came with the WIDE cover/cap. They ordered the center cap so the chrome lugs will show and breaks up the center. Hats off to the boys at Discount Tire for trying 2 tire sizes and 2 rim sizes to give me max space and no rub and no sledge hammer modifications :D . Needless to say, 3 days/3 trips to the store got it done.

next mod is a new radio/speakers.

Pics are at the bottom of the album.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oHQegx6etLyP03Yl1

(9 rear diff ground clearance)
ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Reese Class III Rear Hitch
Pyle 42watt flood lights
Lifetime Warranty - Eng, Trans-Drivetrain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Have you noticed a difference between the feel of the DuraTracs and the BFG's?

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:45 am 
LOST Newbie

Other then less noise, smoother ride and more "resistance" (more surface contact which you can feel in the steering), no. :wink:

The BFG's have more rubber on the road so the feel was expected but remember, my Goodyears were 3 years old so they were half wore out and were not as "soft" as the new rubber so I expected the feel I get now. For me, the real test comes in a 3 months or so when I get the snow. I'm sure I'll get some mud experience in the meantime :BANANA:

But I have the feeling by looking online at others, the Duratracs will still come out on time when it comes to mud/snow traction. After getting the new CLEAN SMELLY tires, I had no choice but to wash the Jeep, so I'm trying to keep it clean (no mud yet) as long as I can LOL. Going today to get the center caps repalced. The first picture is whats there now:

This is what they will look like with the smaller center hubs (you will be able to see the chrome lugs):

ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Pyle 42watt flood lights

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Image flush mount pods in rear bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

50" curved light bar and custom rack mount, rear flush mount pods and door handle inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Finished this today.

Last edited by buddha112572 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:48 pm 
LOST Addict

buddha112572 wrote:
Finished this today.

The photo isn't displaying.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

buddha112572 wrote:
Finished this today.

Did you at least get a CB with Single Side Band (SSB) lol?

ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Pyle 42watt flood lights

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:04 am 
LOST Newbie

I put on vinyl eyelids

Added a black out hood decal

And swapped out the cigarette lighter for a dual usb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:44 pm 
LOST Addict

Looks good, Shodan85! That's a clean KK you have there. The black vinyl on the hood, combined with the blacked out headlight bezels, is a nice combination with your silver paint and chrome accents. Have you tried out the headlights at night since applying the "angry eyes"? The reason I ask is that your vinyl headlight appliqués cover more of the headlight area than some others I've seen. They might cut down on your sight lines at night, especially the angle that is directly down the road in front of you, at high beam. The headlights on the KK are large, but are not known to be especially bright. Sylvania Silverstar or Phillips Vision Plus bulbs help a lot compared to the oem bottom of the line headlight bulbs.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:48 pm 
LOST Addict

I'm getting really close to 150,000 miles now! It'll be time for another set of spark plugs (it's 5th), engine air filter, and cabin air filter soon. I was going to do those today except that I realized I left my ratchet set at work. Lol. Maybe next weekend!

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:42 am 
LOST Newbie

@lfhoward, Thank you for the compliment! The vinyl I used is really thin. When the headlights are on they actually shine right through. I haven't noticed any difference with with them on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:06 am 
LOST Newbie

lfhoward wrote:
I'm getting really close to 150,000 miles now! It'll be time for another set of spark plugs (it's 5th), engine air filter, and cabin air filter soon. I was going to do those today except that I realized I left my ratchet set at work. Lol. Maybe next weekend!

Though the engine wasn't doing anything odd, I had my original plugs swapped after 100k. I bought the jeep new Feb 2009. Though they were wore a bit, the plugs looks fine.

I just added some lights. Added rear backup lights, above the hood lights and switched out the front driving/flood lights with LED's that also have daytime running amber lights.

Amber DRL (these required a two switches)

LED Floods and pillar Beam LEDs

Backup LED's (I mounted these on the off angle side of the bumper. They are floods, they have a wide disbursement of light so not only does it shoot light off to the side, they still give off enough light strait off the back. )

ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Pyle 42watt flood lights

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Today was a good day for Jeep maintenance. It was 58° in sunny Philadelphia. (Crazy for Nov 25 but I’ll take it.)

My list included 3 items:
1. Replace cabin air filter. Yes, it needed it! The old ones were gross.

2. Replace engine air filter.

3. Replace spark plugs. I always use OEM copper plugs by NGK. Here are the old ones, and they still look pretty good.

In changing the plugs, I noticed the plastic wire looms for the engine wire harness have become brittle. They disintegrated in my hands. Is this a problem, and should I replace them?

I topped off the washer fluid and then I noticed the coolant bottle was empty! :shock:

I have a scangauge and keep a close eye on water temperature, so I don’t think it overheated. I filled the reservoir with Zerex G05 (HOAT) and distilled water, crossed my fingers, and let it run. The level didn’t decrease as it ran and the temperature stabilized at 204°F as expected. No leaks on the ground or steam in the exhaust. I will need to keep a watchful eye on the coolant level and temps until a I can get it checked out by my mechanic.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:42 pm 
LOST Addict

Wouldn’t worry too much about the plastic. It’s more or less there to keep the wires from rubbing on parts in the engine compartment and to make the wiring harness look cleaner.

Keep an eye on things, could have a pin hole leak in the radiator or something, or it could be a head gasket. If it makes you feel better I filled mine up to the full line when cold this summer or the summer before (I’m losing track...) and I’m below the add line. I stopped worrying since I’m not runnin hot or anything (even in 90* heat, stop and go traffic and a/c running). Oil isn’t milky either.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:00 pm 
LOST Addict

Hi BMX! It’s nice to know you’re still around on the forum. How is your KK holding up? I just passed 150K on the chassis. If you remember the engine got replaced at around 86K so it’s still a baby. The engine sounds really smooth with the plug change. I’d be really surprised if there is a head gasket issue after such little mileage. My money is on a pinhole leak in the radiator. In KJ’s they tended to leak in the upper corners— wonder if KK radiators would have the same weakness. Or it could just be it evaporates a little bit of coolant over time, because I’ve always had to top off the coolant bottle a little bit a couple times a year like you do. I’ve been doing a lot more short trips since moving back to the city, so my driving habits have changed from my 60 mile highway commute the last 3 years. (Averaging about 12.5 mpg now, lol.) I’ll keep my eye on it. I have been taking the train to work as much as possible, so even with the dismal gas mileage I am averaging a fill-up about every 2-3 weeks.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:57 am 
LOST Addict

I'm still around. I rarely log in unless something peaks my interest or I can help out. If the website kept me logged in I'd post a little more. Hell I stopped on JF because I forgot my password and they want me to update it lol. Been trolling around facebook a lot. Some good info, some try to push the limits (with warning), mostly bad info, lots of trolling. It's good for a laugh, but you really need to know who to listen to if you want any sort of decent/reliable info.

She's holding up. Getting kinda put on the back burner right now. Wedding bills are expensive, student loan payments take whatever is left after the wedding. She's way overdue for plugs (all 6 are literally sitting in my center console), slightly overdue for an oil change, needs both front lower balljoints (again...), coming time for new tires (hoping to run load range C duratracs 265/75-16 which will then need gears :roll: almost stashed enough away for that), and needs a good wash, wax and vacuum. Only sitting at 70k-ish miles. I just honestly don't have the time for her right now, and we've been favoring my fiance's 200s in the mean time. Even with me driving that hard I average about 20 mpg around town and can cruise the highway at 80-90 all day long seeing about 30mpg. Made it from LI to Atlantic city with a little more than 1/2 a tank left and the majority of that trip saw 85mph. I only filled up coming home because I didn't want to risk hitting the city with nothing in the tank.

As for the coolant problem, I'd lean toward the radiator too. I know I've seen some steam from mine on a few cool and humid nights/mornings. Unless something leads me to believe it's worse or I start to have any sign of problems, it's gonna get put on the back burner....sadly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Gave her some attitude/ stanceImage

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478 ... 484  Next