It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476 ... 484  Next
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
TIJKK1220 wrote:
ImageImage

Sitting at 23.5 front and rear cv's aren't happy up front and there have been small hiccups along the way but... that's what happens when you build it yourself

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Looks good ! Will you replacing the cvs for stronger ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only things that will fix his unhappy CVs (and tie rod ends, which I'd be more worried about) right now is either a cradle drop (including dropping the R&P a little), or lowering the lift in front by about an inch. 5.5" is pretty much beyond pushing the front.

He's been around long enough to know everything he's gonna hear too. I wouldn't be surprised if an old member is walking him through some secrets either.

Btw, Terry, how are those RRO a-arms treating you so far? Thought you could sneak those by huh? :jester: She does look good. Shame we can't handle that much lift for long.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

Bmxer524 wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
TIJKK1220 wrote:
ImageImage

Sitting at 23.5 front and rear cv's aren't happy up front and there have been small hiccups along the way but... that's what happens when you build it yourself

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Looks good ! Will you replacing the cvs for stronger ones?

The only things that will fix his unhappy CVs (and tie rod ends, which I'd be more worried about) right now is either a cradle drop (including dropping the R&P a little), or lowering the lift in front by about an inch. 5.5" is pretty much beyond pushing the front.

He's been around long enough to know everything he's gonna hear too. I wouldn't be surprised if an old member is walking him through some secrets either.

Btw, Terry, how are those RRO a-arms treating you so far? Thought you could sneak those by huh? :jester: She does look good. Shame we can't handle that much lift for long.

Definitely not top secret, one of these days when I have a spare moment I'll make a full build sheet.... until I get the whole drive-line bullet proof I don't want to share to much (to avoid others getting stuck with the issues)

I will be doing a cradle drop to make the drive line solid again but even at this height unmodified she's not doing too bad (as a street queen)

RRO arms have been fine as far as I know. I do have tire rubbing (likely due to my height more than an issue with the arms) and I may have them on backwards (still checking) but she is aligned even at this height and drives true.

Bmx brought up a good point with me being around for a while on here (: I've got tons of tricks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

Couple of extra photos I had forgotten to post.

Did I mention that if I finally hammer my pinch welds I can clear 33's (:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

TIJKK1220 wrote:
Couple of extra photos I had forgotten to post.

Did I mention that if I finally hammer my pinch welds I can clear 33's (:

good job bro doing the custom mounts! I'm really Diggin this fox suspension. I think I'm going to do that !!! But I'd like to do a costum clevis to hold the Bottom shock the normal way, nice work!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

My front shock connects to a stock clevis. This means less expensive replacements if something were to happen to the fork

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Love the updates. Thanks for the extra pictures and info.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:23 pm 
LOST Junkie

Gageraid wrote:

I'm no trailblazer when it comes to this stuff but I definitely am following an old path!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:48 pm 
LOST Addict

ATH just made custom front coilovers using Kings. It's in his thread in the fab section. You can check that out for some ideas too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:27 am 
LOST Newbie

TIJKK1220 wrote:
Gageraid wrote:

I'm no trailblazer when it comes to this stuff but I definitely am following an old path!

We still love seeing the pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

2012 Bright white KK - Steelcraft black brushguard, painted black rims (didn't know it was so popular lol), 1" clevis lift in the front, RS Chip (woke her up!), magnaflow muffler + resonator delete and a few other small mods.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:28 am 
LOST Junkie

Bmxer524 wrote:
ATH just made custom front coilovers using Kings. It's in his thread in the fab section. You can check that out for some ideas too.

One might wonder where who he may have been talking to during that process... (:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:44 pm 
LOST Junkie

Did some more painting this weekend. Threw a light bar on the stinger to light up those dark parking lots and color matched the housing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:20 pm 
LOST Addict

All gassed up and ready for the snow. Bring it! :JEEPIN:

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just got lifted 8)

Tested out 265-70-16 at my local tire place (whatever its called), rubbed on the inside well and back out slightly, the guy tried to sell it to me like I could cut it later on... bunch of malarkie.. I'll probably go 245-75-16 or 255-70-16

Jeep rides like the dream though, feels like I'm in a truck, real nice ride. OME 1.5 inch lift (gave me close to 3 inches of lift), 927 front 731 rear springs.

Post subject: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just finished regearing the front today, it was way more stubborn than the back .. but got it done
#33'scomingsoon
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Did a little project to add a switched 12V power port to my KK. I wanted to add a 12V power port that I could power on when my Jeep is turned off so I can charge my cellphone, Bluetooth headset, Bluetooth handsfree speakerphone and USB batteries. Here are pictures showing the final install with the power switch off and on:

This is the little 12V 20A power switch

https://www.amazon.com/AutoEC-Rocker-Toggle-Switch-Control/dp/B012IJ3BBK

This is the power port

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H873Z9A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the dual port USB adapter. I needed a higer voltage one than comes with the power port to be able to rapidly charge my Google Nexus 5X phone.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-17w-vehicle-charger-with-2-usb-ports-black/5386012.p?skuId=5386012

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

Been a bit busy lately and I have installed a new Odyssey battery,lower bumper light bar,angry eyes,switches with volt meter,waterproff fuse reley box,bumper 20 inch light bar,ATH recovery,ATH Roof Rails,angry eyes "LOVE" and last but not least a real cigarette lighter. I have to say the water proof fuse relay box is sweet. Gonna add some more gadgets with is can't wait.

Top To Bottom
BFGoodrich T/A KO2 245/70 16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:47 am 
LOST Newbie

were you able to snap some pictures of the mounting tabs

APayne01 wrote:
Annddd... I did get to install the Shackle Mounts.

I also figured out I am missing a D Ring bolt so unless someone has an extra laying around that they want to sell me I have to pick up a new D Ring at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:44 am 
LOST Newbie

wiseguy127 wrote:
Been a bit busy lately and I have installed a new Odyssey battery,lower bumper light bar,angry eyes,switches with volt meter,waterproff fuse reley box,bumper 20 inch light bar,ATH recovery,ATH Roof Rails,angry eyes "LOVE" and last but not least a real cigarette lighter. I have to say the water proof fuse relay box is sweet. Gonna add some more gadgets with is can't wait.

Dude that night time picture looks bad booty. Makes me wanna get angry eyes too haha

2012 Bright white KK - Steelcraft black brushguard, painted black rims (didn't know it was so popular lol), 1" clevis lift in the front, RS Chip (woke her up!), magnaflow muffler + resonator delete and a few other small mods.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

bobandcar wrote:

APayne01 wrote:

I also figured out I am missing a D Ring bolt so unless someone has an extra laying around that they want to sell me I have to pick up a new D Ring at some point.

This is the best I was able to get with the bumper on. I'm planning on taking the bumper off tomorrow or Tuesday and could get a better shot. Its basically just a straight piece of metal that goes back to the metal bumper and I drilled a hole and used a bolt and locking nut to hold it on.

20in LED Bar
Plastidipped Wheels
Leather Steering Wheel Swap
ATH Ditch Light Mounts and Shackle Mounts
Wheel Spacers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok. So just used the bracket from the light and went into the bumper.
Was looking at the tow hook mount today and it be nice but sits back pretty far.
I'll have to take some measurements and go straight up I guess

APayne01 wrote:
bobandcar wrote:

APayne01 wrote:

This is the best I was able to get with the bumper on. I'm planning on taking the bumper off tomorrow or Tuesday and could get a better shot. Its basically just a straight piece of metal that goes back to the metal bumper and I drilled a hole and used a bolt and locking nut to hold it on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476 ... 484  Next