It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 484  Next
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:46 pm 
LOST Member

Took a road trip from college (Virginia Tech) to home (NJ). "Misplaced" my registration and proof of insurance :? A few cops helped me grow my first grey hair :-)r

Hit my 10,000 mile milestone though, and celebrated by some late afternoon trailblazing on my dad's property :JEEPIN:

Never Stop Exploring

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:59 pm 
LOST Addict

jjohnson1892 wrote:
Took a road trip from college (Virginia Tech) to home (NJ). "Misplaced" my registration and proof of insurance :? A few cops helped me grow my first grey hair :-)r

Hit my 10,000 mile milestone though, and celebrated by some late afternoon trailblazing on my dad's property :JEEPIN:

It surprises me that road trips seem to be pretty darn comfortable in a KK.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:12 pm 
LOST Member

Gageraid wrote:

I agree, just enough space in the drivers space for me and the ride is great

Never Stop Exploring

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

musclezmarinara wrote:
Gageraid wrote:
TIJKK1220 wrote:
Getting my Magnaflow installed with resonator delete while I work. Kind of excited!

I'm sure you'll love it. It's more fun to drive when you can actually hear the exhaust.

Which magma flow did you purchase I definitely want to add an exhaust

I didn't get a Cat Back system I went to my buddy's shop and had just the muffler installed. I also had them remove the resonator.

I think there is only one model that is 2.5 inch in and out and also center in and offset out but im not sure of the model number.

225 out the door and i'm sure thats on the high side He quoted me 175 before he saw how the muffler was setup and had to purchase more pipe

No Vids yet but I intend on getting one out sooner or later the sound is a nice low rumble while driving but gets a little ricey at high rpm in the lower gears. Definitely an improvement over stock.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

jjohnson1892 wrote:
Gageraid wrote:

I agree, just enough space in the drivers space for me and the ride is great

x2 :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:24 pm 
LOST Addict

The muffler should "break in" over the next few miles and sound more pleasant. I doubt you'll drive it like a Japanese vehicle now.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 am 
LOST Newbie

Drove my Arctic KK 21,500 miles in 11 months, no problems with JBA/OME lift combo. Just traded it in for a new WK2 V6 4X4. Already loving the gas savings at 22 mpg compared to 16 mpg. The KK is at Fremont Jeep and will be listed next week in California for any of you that might be interested. The KK has RR rock rails, OME coils and shocks, JBA UCAs & 1/4" spacer plates, 245/75/16 Duratracs, Mopar skids (minus fuel tank skid) & receiver hitch, navigation, Infinity sound package. I kept it in great condition. DGDG.Com is Fremont Jeeps website and they are a 5 Star Dealership that just opened three months ago. Now I got a new project to mod in the upcoming years, first thing is to replace those 20" bling wheels with 17" Rubicons, OME lift kit to level it out, and black out the chrome trim.
:D American made :JEEPIN: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:43 am 
LOST Junkie

norcalarctic wrote:
Drove my Arctic KK 21,500 miles in 11 months, no problems with JBA/OME lift combo. Just traded it in for a new WK2 V6 4X4. Already loving the gas savings at 22 mpg compared to 16 mpg. The KK is at Fremont Jeep and will be listed next week in California for any of you that might be interested. The KK has RR rock rails, OME coils and shocks, JBA UCAs & 1/4" spacer plates, 245/75/16 Duratracs, Mopar skids (minus fuel tank skid) & receiver hitch, navigation, Infinity sound package. I kept it in great condition. DGDG.Com is Fremont Jeeps website and they are a 5 Star Dealership that just opened three months ago. Now I got a new project to mod in the upcoming years, first thing is to replace those 20" bling wheels with 17" Rubicons, OME lift kit to level it out, and black out the chrome trim.
:D American made :JEEPIN: :wink:

D: you should have taken all of that off and sold it to us! You would've made more than the dealer would give you

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 am 
LOST Newbie

TIJKK1220 wrote:
D: you should have taken all of that off and sold it to us! You would've made more than the dealer would give you

The receiver hitch, skids, and sliders are to heavy to ship plus the lift is to much work to take off. I figured it's best to leave it as is and stoke out the next buyer since I got 5K off MSRP on my 2012 WK2 with rebates & below invoice price. The 22 mpgs has averaged to 20 since I have been on the pedal harder now :| . "L.O.S.T. Jeeps :rockon: forum is the best", I got a big headache :banghead: from reading the WK2 JeepForum site, trying to figure out my 20" wheel replacement to 17" aftermarket ones.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

I went wheeling:

(Utilized the skids, front tow hook, and rear recovery point in a big way)

Cleaned up:

(Just a little mud between the skids and engine)

I also changed the oil. Some fresh Mobil 1 5w20 and a PureOne filter.

Pretty solid weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ted15 wrote:
When the time comes for the lift, be sure to look very closley and choose wisely. I made the mistake of going with the over the top spacer lift from RRO and saw first hand why it's not a good choice. My front shocks would bottom out on bumps frequently even with extended bump stops and the back rode like an old wagon.

Newbie question here. I have the rock father deluxe on the way and I plan on wheeling. I already went to my local offload park with funny looks from the lifted jeep guys. I had a blast.

Anyway what is the difference between going full ome with spacers and the rock father deluxe. I upgraded to the ome stuff so I don't see a huge difference between using spacers or the strut cap piece from rro?

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 pm 
LOST Addict

Replaced the original battery with one from Napa. I've had the KK for a year now and the battery has died three times since then. The first time was the day of the test drive. That must have meant it sat for some time without anyone driving it. I do have a battery charger, but the battery wasn't holding the charge very well. Better safe than sorry.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

jlalbert85 wrote:
Ted15 wrote:
When the time comes for the lift, be sure to look very closley and choose wisely. I made the mistake of going with the over the top spacer lift from RRO and saw first hand why it's not a good choice. My front shocks would bottom out on bumps frequently even with extended bump stops and the back rode like an old wagon.

Newbie question here. I have the rock father deluxe on the way and I plan on wheeling. I already went to my local offload park with funny looks from the lifted jeep guys. I had a blast.

Anyway what is the difference between going full ome with spacers and the rock father deluxe. I upgraded to the ome stuff so I don't see a huge difference between using spacers or the strut cap piece from rro?

Thoughts?

Shame you have already ordered it
way too expensive , then they charge you extra for the proper length shocks, time to rethink
Oh and their UCAs are complete junk, many have had fitment issues and the design leaves a lot to be desired
Quality of parts is another issue , you have to be very careful with RRO, they seem to advertise one thing but end up with other things. They advertise all OME parts but then many have received springs that they have made for the rear plus a cheap rear shock setup.
Personally from what I have seen/heard/read over the last ten-twelve years wouldn't trust what they sell. As far as that strut cap, marketing item only. And there isn't much between a spacer lift and that strut cap, both are junk for anything over 30-35,000 miles on their ride

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 am 
LOST Addict

Gapped my spark plugs since I couldn't find my gapper when I intalled them a while ago. Wish I did it right the first time. She runs even better now.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jlalbert85 wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

Thoughts?

As long as the spacer is ABOVE the strut and not inside of it that part should be ok. Don't count on their gaurantee if something goes wrong. I haven't seen a post where they honored their guarantee, only the contrary. I was getting some links together for you but it's getting to be too much. Have a look here, read some of the threads over. I think you'll find it very enlightening.
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=Rocky+Road+Outfitters&start=60

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

She's all grown up now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:47 am 
LOST Addict

^ Is that a steering wheel cover or does it just look shiny from the flash?

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:50 am 
LOST Addict

Blacked out my rear Jeep logo on the license plate brow via plastidip.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just the used abd abused stock leather wrapped steering wheel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:39 pm 

Ted15 wrote:
jlalbert85 wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

Thoughts?

As long as the spacer is ABOVE the strut and not inside of it that part should be ok. Don't count on their gaurantee if something goes wrong. I haven't seen a post where they honored their guarantee, only the contrary. I was getting some links together for you but it's getting to be too much. Have a look here, read some of the threads over. I think you'll find it very enlightening.
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=Rocky+Road+Outfitters&start=60

That exact piece (RRO OTT spacer) is what blew out 3 front shocks and destroyed two right side UCAs on the guy I got my ARB from. Still have them laying around after he gave them to me. They haven't changed anything except their marketing. You do have to laugh when you read their writeups, get a huge kick out of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 484  Next