It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 484  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:50 pm 
LOST Member

what have I done to my KK? I've driven the crap out of it, does that count?

Tow Package
Factory Skid Plates
[url=http://www.speedtest.net/result/828427318.png[/img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/828427318.png[/img[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:21 pm 
LOST Addict

That works :D

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Gave her her first bath yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

Wasn't today but traded it last Wednesday for a Mustang GT. I traded a GT and Unlimited for the Liberty and haven't been really happy with the performance, but I tried until I got burned out trying. Plus I got tired of the noise somewhere in the engine. Changed shocks, changed tires, changed both front hubs and went as far as taking the lift out and the blasted noise was still there. The dealership was really nice and helpful with it but the noise seemed to puzzle them too. Oh well, B-line to the FORD dealer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

08-FL-KK wrote:
Wasn't today but traded it last Wednesday for a Mustang GT. I traded a GT and Unlimited for the Liberty and haven't been really happy with the performance, but I tried until I got burned out trying. Plus I got tired of the noise somewhere in the engine. Changed shocks, changed tires, changed both front hubs and went as far as taking the lift out and the blasted noise was still there. The dealership was really nice and helpful with it but the noise seemed to puzzle them too. Oh well, B-line to the FORD dealer.
If that noise in the engine was a fast ticking sound it was the injectors and is normal.Oh and it is a Jeep nopt a sports car so the performance will never be there,it's more for slow going anywhere you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

On Friday I installed 6000K high low HID's in the headlights and also 6000K HID's in the fogs. Aswell as I did the pinch weld modification and trimmed up in the wheel wells to make room for the new wheels and tires. I also removed that ugly black air darn that was under the front bumper.

My lift finally showed up so on Thursday I will be getting the lift put in aswell as the new wheels and tires. I can't wait to get that done. I don't like my vehicals being stock and blending in.

Wife-2008, 4x4 KK North Edition- sunroof, THULE crossbars, kayak folding J's & fairing, WeatherTech mats front, rear & cargo, 6000K HID Hi/Low & Fogs, Rock Krawler X-factor lift, BDS shocks, 255/70-16 BFG ATs, 16x8 Eagle Alloys 137's(4.625"BS)
Mine-2007.5, Dodge 6.7L Cummins 2500 4x4 LARAMIE- Too many mods to list. CumminsForum.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Quote:
tjkj2002

If that noise in the engine was a fast ticking sound it was the injectors and is normal.Oh and it is a Jeep nopt a sports car so the performance will never be there,it's more for slow going anywhere you want.

Duh. Did you notice that I had two different vehicles? I know exactly what a Jeep (Wrangler) is capable of and let me say this the Liberty didn't come close to the power of my former 4.0 6cyl. The gas mileage was better in the Liberty I have to admit but not as good as the mileage I was getting in the Mustang [4.6L V8]. I got 32mpg on the interstate with that. As far as the noise, it was almost a girggling noise. When it started out you could only hear it when you were going from 35 to 45mph but by the time I traded it you could hear it going up the speedo and down the speedo. Now, I decided that I wanted the speed (power) over offroad capability which is why I traded for another Mustang instead of an older TJ. Eventually, I will get a TJ but not until I recoup some of the losses I incurred trying to locate the problem with the KK. I've owned at least 23 different vehicles in my life and never have I heard this type of noise before and if it was the injectors as you suggest then I don't want that; which by the way that noise didn't make itself known until about 26k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:01 am 
LOST Addict

Sorry to see you leave but it sounds like it may have been for the better. I know that the KA nitros have has some serious issues with torque converters......

Good luck with our new ride :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:04 am 
08-FL-KK wrote:
I know exactly what a Jeep (Wrangler) is capable of and let me say this the Liberty didn't come close to the power of my former 4.0 6cyl.

You do realize that the TJ is significantly lighter than the KK, right?

XJ vs KJ/KK, the 3.7 will wax the 4.0 all day long, despite the Liberty weighing about a half ton more.

Gurgling noise may have been an air pocket in the cooling system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Come on guys :wink: you are losing sight of the problem that led me to change vehicles. I was answering a power statement brought on by tjkj2002 and somehow it has led to a TJ vs KJ vs JK vs KK and that is not where I intended my comment to lead. Each vehicle has it pros and cons. The con that my KK had is what caused me to trade it. I had asked on this board for some insight into the noise that I was hearing but it seemed to go unanswered for one reason or another. IMO my KK was a good mix between my former Mustang and TJ, but I (dealership) couldn't figure out the problem - at least not fast enough for me - and I didn't want to spend my time and money on a vehicle that may continue to have problems and no "Chrysler" around to fix it. I opted for power over "go anywhere" at this time due to the fact I can borrow my brother's TJ Unlimited anytime I want. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Going for 245/75/R16 Firestone Destination M/T's this weekend.

Daystar 2"

before:

after:

AEM Brute Force
2" Daystar lift
245/75/R16 Firestone Destination M/T's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

08-FL-KK wrote:
Come on guys :wink: you are losing sight of the problem that led me to change vehicles. I was answering a power statement brought on by tjkj2002.....

Right on, brother.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/
http://www.jeepcommander.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

zarinKK wrote:
Going for 245/75/R16 Firestone Destination M/T's this weekend.

Daystar 2"

Looks good! Did you do a clevis lift with that aswell or is that all Daystar lift? It looks alot bigger the 2"s. Tomorrow I am putting in the 2" front and rear Daystar lift, BDS shocks and 16x8 Eagle wrapped in 255/70's BFG AT's. I can't wait. I hate blending in the parking lot with a stock rig.

Today I took pic's of the Jeep in it's stock form and wrote measured it's heights so I can compare how much I gained with the lift and tires.

Wife-2008, 4x4 KK North Edition- sunroof, THULE crossbars, kayak folding J's & fairing, WeatherTech mats front, rear & cargo, 6000K HID Hi/Low & Fogs, Rock Krawler X-factor lift, BDS shocks, 255/70-16 BFG ATs, 16x8 Eagle Alloys 137's(4.625"BS)
Mine-2007.5, Dodge 6.7L Cummins 2500 4x4 LARAMIE- Too many mods to list. CumminsForum.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I just ordered the JET Stage 2 Chip ... Should be here mid next week. I'll do a good write up on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:00 pm 
LOST Addict

just drove it to and from work.... Man, I love my painted thingy :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:24 pm 
LOST Member

08-FL-KK wrote:

ahh yes a mustang...if it wasn't for the winters up here and driving a mustang in the snow i;d still have mine and never would have gotten a wrangler and now a liberty...driving a mustang in snow = fun times...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just got back from the dealer had my transmission reflashed. Would slip when shifting from P to R and from R to D. Transmission feels a lot smoother. Also got a weather seal replaced on my front passenger side, don't know how that one ripped.

Sky Slider Full Open Roof
Chrome mirrors
Chrome Door Handles
Magnaflow Muffler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Got the KK lifted today and new wheels and tires! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

SkinInc69 wrote:

Looks good! Did you do a clevis lift with that aswell or is that all Daystar lift? It looks alot bigger the 2"s. Tomorrow I am putting in the 2" front and rear Daystar lift, BDS shocks and 16x8 Eagle wrapped in 255/70's BFG AT's. I can't wait. I hate blending in the parking lot with a stock rig.

Today I took pic's of the Jeep in it's stock form and wrote measured it's heights so I can compare how much I gained with the lift and tires.

That is just the spacer. I might add the lower spring isolator back on the rear as I think the front is higher than the rear now. I haven't measured anything though.

Going to fill that gap up real soon as I'll have my quarterly bonus check in hand tomorrow :D

AEM Brute Force
2" Daystar lift
245/75/R16 Firestone Destination M/T's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:18 pm 
LOST Member

@Skininc69

darn, that's purty.
The black wheels look perfect with the red rock color. And the lift makes it look even more badarse

Nice Jeep!!

Paul

LOL I guess the censors work digger. I originally used the other "D" word in all caps for dramatic effect....but the censored result loses something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 484  Next