It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AC issue 2008 Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:35 am 
LOST Newbie

TIA. I had an issue with my 08 Liberty AC, it had a leak from the low pressure hose. I replaced the hose, the expansion valve, and the receiver dryer. I pulled vacuum for 1 hour, and then let it hold vacuum for an hour, there are no leaks now. I got about 5 ounces of r-134 in the system, and have 110 psi on the low side, and with the AC running, and about 125 psi on the high side. The compressor clutch engages and stays engaged, once some of the refrigerant got into in the system. It took over an hour to get half a can into the system. Searches indicate it could be a bad expansion valve, a bad low pressure switch, a bad compressor, etc. I'd rather not throw more parts at it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: AC issue 2008 Liberty
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

I always put the refrigerant in a pot of hot water because the can will freeze. Only thought I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: AC issue 2008 Liberty
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:01 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks, I tried that. I ended up calling a buddy for advice, I gave it a tiny bit, and I mean a tiny bit of r134 through the high side. The AC is working perfectly now with a weighed charge of r134.