It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:56 pm 
LOST Addict

SkinInc69 wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:
Yep... Off road tire something IIRC... I go over there every now and then just to see whats new

I do the same thing. Lot's of good info there. Except most of those guys like to drop them and put 22's or bigger on more then lift them. Too bad the guys that do lift the n***o's don't have low range.

Even if they had a low range, I think only a few would really go off of the beaten path... most of them only want the euro spec bumper....

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LOL, That is one of the reasons I like it here. I like getting more of the off-road ideas from you guys. And, yes, I do take my ride off the beaten path occasionally. I am also looking into a 2 speed X-fer case... With the manual trans I have, I really need one. First gear is to high for any kind of creeping.
In 07 when I got my rig, Jeep did not have the same body style as the 08+ Libby. If I had known what they were planning, I would have just waited a year. But on the other hand I would not have been able to get the color I wanted.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:30 pm 
LOST Addict

Speak of the devil :twisted: You are one of the few :P

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I got to make use of all that new room in my wheel wells today with it's new set-up. Pic's in my new thread. :twisted:

Wife-2008, 4x4 KK North Edition- sunroof, THULE crossbars, kayak folding J's & fairing, WeatherTech mats front, rear & cargo, 6000K HID Hi/Low & Fogs, Rock Krawler X-factor lift, BDS shocks, 255/70-16 BFG ATs, 16x8 Eagle Alloys 137's(4.625"BS)
Mine-2007.5, Dodge 6.7L Cummins 2500 4x4 LARAMIE- Too many mods to list. CumminsForum.com

Post subject: Re: Pinch weld modification on the KK! PIC's!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Search function on this site sucks...lol. I looked forever for this and couldn't find it anywhere. Google found it after I already started with the bfh...borrowing my buddies angle grinder to finish in the morning...4 hours of pounding just the driver side and it's only 2/3 of the way pounded over... hope I can still cut it even though it's bent already because it won't move anymore...boy do I feel stupid...
:dizzy: at least the passenger side will be easier...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:52 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Jeepsnguns wrote:
Search function on this site sucks...lol. I looked forever for this and couldn't find it anywhere. Google found it after I already started with the bfh...borrowing my buddies angle grinder to finish in the morning...4 hours of pounding just the driver side and it's only 2/3 of the way pounded over... hope I can still cut it even though it's bent already because it won't move anymore...boy do I feel stupid...

DO NOT CUT THE PINCH WELD, REPEAT DO NOT CUT
just flatten it over
3 lb hammer and 10 whacks per side is all it takes
cutting it weakens that area

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:39 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
Jeepsnguns wrote:

just flatten it over

Thanks for the tip Tom. I'm assuming you mean don't cut it all the way off? I only meant notching it like the op did to get it to pound over easier... I thought even notching it was a bad idea that's why I tried it with just a 4 pound hammer but it won't budge any further. I seriously beat the hell out of it for a good couple hours straight...maybe I just don't have the strength...I only weigh a buck twenty five... :roll: If you mean don't even notch it I will just attempt to beat the crap out of it some more tomorrow. The issue seems to be the bottom of the pinch has an extra sheet of steel between the two that's making it way harder to bend in that section. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:11 am 
LOST Newbie

To clarify I didn't mean making the extra cuts that the op did and removing material. Just notching the pinch weld back as far as I can about every 2 or 3 inches and then pounding it flat. I have no wish to remove any metal. Is this still what you meant? I will take your advice if it is, I'm just not sure if I made my intentions clear. Just looking for any help I can get because this has been a major pain in my a##!...lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:19 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
Jeepsnguns wrote:

just flatten it over

Nevermind, sorry for the confusion. I found the post I got that idea from, it wasn't this one actually but a different thread on jeep forum. After reading it all, I found yoir reply where you explained why you shouldn't cut notches into the seam to the op. I will definitely be beating the crap outta it some more instead of cutting anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:51 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm a bit late to this party, but 100 whacks with a 6 LB hammer, after heating the weld up and it has moved maybe 1/16 or an inch.

Who was swinging that 3 lb, Paul Bunyon?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

we just did this mod yesterday to my kk

Before pic was my attempt and the after is when my buddy helped me out, grinded and added welds

my attempt

after of both sides with my buddys help