It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 103  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:06 am 
LOST Member

actually, the Dodge Aspen wagon that I wrote about ^^^ up there... I had it shipped to Greece. It was way too big for that environment, but what the heck. It stopped running in the parking lot of the base exchange at Hellenikon and I sold it to some guy that was just arriving for $500. That poor old Dodge is probably still in Greece somewhere.. :lol:

Tow Package
Factory Skid Plates
[url=http://www.speedtest.net/result/828427318.png[/img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/828427318.png[/img[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:32 am 
LOST Member

SkinInc69 wrote:
Pierocksmysocks wrote:
Oh and I'm getting hitched in September...and she doesn't get the jeep thing.

I got married in September last year. What day in September? We got married Septemebr 8th 2008.

September 5th! Also just signed for a house. We're closing August 21st...so now I get a spacious 3 car garage for my jeep, her car, and my playtoy. Oh yeah just curious, what kayaks do you have? (You into whitewater or touring?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

rickm wrote:
actually, the Dodge Aspen wagon that I wrote about ^^^ up there... I had it shipped to Greece. It was way too big for that environment, but what the heck. It stopped running in the parking lot of the base exchange at Hellenikon and I sold it to some guy that was just arriving for $500. That poor old Dodge is probably still in Greece somewhere.. :lol:

I bought a new 1976 Mustang Stallion and ended up shipping to Greece. Had it for about a month when I got orders to Greece. Ended up selling it to someone being transfered to Germany when I left he wanted it for the Autobon. Was to much car for the roads in Greece at the time.

2009 4x4 Light Greystone Pearl Liberty Limited Edition, Premium Group I and II, Skid Plate Group, Exterior Appearance Group by MOPAR, Select Trac II, Power Sunroof,uconnect,Slush Mats, Tow Group, Cargo Liner and locking gas cap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pierocksmysocks wrote:
SkinInc69 wrote:
Pierocksmysocks wrote:
Oh and I'm getting hitched in September...and she doesn't get the jeep thing.

I got married in September last year. What day in September? We got married Septemebr 8th 2008.

September 5th! Also just signed for a house. We're closing August 21st...so now I get a spacious 3 car garage for my jeep, her car, and my playtoy. Oh yeah just curious, what kayaks do you have? (You into whitewater or touring?)

Our dogs come with use so do mostly lake touring and some class 1 rivers so they can swim with us our run on the shore. We have Necky Manitous, her kayaks colour is Cloudburst one and I have the Sunrise.

Wife-2008, 4x4 KK North Edition- sunroof, THULE crossbars, kayak folding J's & fairing, WeatherTech mats front, rear & cargo, 6000K HID Hi/Low & Fogs, Rock Krawler X-factor lift, BDS shocks, 255/70-16 BFG ATs, 16x8 Eagle Alloys 137's(4.625"BS)
Mine-2007.5, Dodge 6.7L Cummins 2500 4x4 LARAMIE- Too many mods to list. CumminsForum.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:10 am 
LOST Member

Loki wrote:
rickm wrote:

I bought a new 1976 Mustang Stallion and ended up shipping to Greece. Had it for about a month when I got orders to Greece. Ended up selling it to someone being transfered to Germany when I left he wanted it for the Autobon. Was to much car for the roads in Greece at the time.

Did you go over to the port in Piraeus to pick up your car? I remember going over there to get mine when it arrived in company. They ship the car empty of gas, then give you 5 gallons when it arrived in port. When I went over to pick mine up, the guy tells me to wait, then comes back a few minutes later and says "umm, sir we have a problem with your vehicle". As it turned out, they somehow managed to poke a hole in the muffler. I drove around with a really loud car til I could get a part over there to get it fixed.

Tow Package
Factory Skid Plates
[url=http://www.speedtest.net/result/828427318.png[/img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/828427318.png[/img[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Yep sure did. Saw some of the cars they "deck shipped" glad mine wasn't one of them. Amazing how fast a car can rust exposed to the salt air. At the time we had to have it registered right there. When they finally got to mine and opened the hood everybody ran over, a V8 was rare at the time. I remember they wanted to get the VIN number by putting a piece of paper over the number and rubbing a pencil over the raised numbers. Couldn't get close enough not a lot of room in the engine. I showed them the VIN in the windshield and they tried to do the same thing. Funniest thing I ever saw watching them trying to do that. Then having to take the paper inside to actually register the vehicle. Lines weren't the norm it is just push and shove to get to the window. Also made the mistake of shipping my CB installed, didn't know it was illegal at the time. Nice thing was before I shipped it out of New Jersey I had to have all the Catalytic equipment removed. That was another reason I sold it in country when I left didn't want to hassle getting it back to the US. I really enjoyed driving that car.

2009 4x4 Light Greystone Pearl Liberty Limited Edition, Premium Group I and II, Skid Plate Group, Exterior Appearance Group by MOPAR, Select Trac II, Power Sunroof,uconnect,Slush Mats, Tow Group, Cargo Liner and locking gas cap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm so glad the county fair is over. Now it's time to get ready for winter. Wood cutting time. :roll: I'll try to get some Pic when I am up there.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:41 am 
LOST Member

Loki wrote:
Yep sure did. Saw some of the cars they "deck shipped" glad mine wasn't one of them. Amazing how fast a car can rust exposed to the salt air. At the time we had to have it registered right there. When they finally got to mine and opened the hood everybody ran over, a V8 was rare at the time. I remember they wanted to get the VIN number by putting a piece of paper over the number and rubbing a pencil over the raised numbers. Couldn't get close enough not a lot of room in the engine. I showed them the VIN in the windshield and they tried to do the same thing. Funniest thing I ever saw watching them trying to do that. Then having to take the paper inside to actually register the vehicle. Lines weren't the norm it is just push and shove to get to the window. Also made the mistake of shipping my CB installed, didn't know it was illegal at the time. Nice thing was before I shipped it out of New Jersey I had to have all the Catalytic equipment removed. That was another reason I sold it in country when I left didn't want to hassle getting it back to the US. I really enjoyed driving that car.

ha ha, yep, I remember they removed the catalytic converter. No unleaded gas over there.

Did they take your CB away from you? I am a ham radio operator. I was a little concerned that I was going to a country that I could not operate my ham radio, but just after receiving my orders for Greece, the United States signe what is called a "reciprocal agreement" with Greece. What that meant is that I could get a Greek ham radio callsign, which I eventually did, SV0AM. So when I was going to Greece, I stopped at a ham radio store in Las Vegas and bought a brand spanking new HF transceiver. If I recall, it cost me about $700.

So I used that transceiver mobile while driving to New York to the port. Then I took it out and hand carried the thing to Athens on the airplane. That sucker was heavy and by the time I got to Athens, my arm was dragging.

So I go through customs and they promptly confiscated my radio, telling me that it was illegal to bring any radio that transmitted into the country. I was in shock! I'd just paid $700 for the dang thing and they took it from me. I think I was told that they would send it to the scrap yard and destroy it after like 30 days.. Anyway, I finally had to get a Greek ham radio operator to go to the airport and retrieve my radio, since he had a license to use it. A few months later, I got my liGreek license and had a blast operating ham radio from Greece and the Dodecanese Islands.

Tow Package
Factory Skid Plates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:49 am 
LOST Member

Scar0 wrote:
I'm so glad the county fair is over. Now it's time to get ready for winter. Wood cutting time. :roll: I'll try to get some Pic when I am up there.

how did your county fair do this year? Our county fair attendance was down over 30% from the previous two years. The weather cooperated too, it wasn't too hot this year like it was last year or year before.

I think the big thing was, they seemed to raise the price of everything this year. It was $10 to get in the gate, and it seemed like ride prices and food were pretty high too. They did seem to have some nicer newer rides though.

I usually just go with my wife and her friend. They like to go see the bands that are playing. This year, we had Kansas. The county to the north of us is going to have their county fair starting this week. I think, their fair lasts 2 weeks, ours only lasts for 5 days. They always seem to have better bands too. Last year, the ladies got me to take them to see the Doobie Brothers. I think this year they want to go see Huey Lewis and the News

Tow Package
Factory Skid Plates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:17 am 
LOST Newbie

No didn't take the CB away I didn't make a big deal about it being in the car. Think I forgot to declare it on the sheet. Glad you found a HAM to help you out to get your rig back. Didn't get my Tech License until after I got out of the military. Never could get into code. Now without the code requirment I just need to find the time to upgrade. I got the theory down it was the code that I just never could get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

rickm wrote:

how did your county fair do this year? Our county fair attendance was down over 30% from the previous two years. The weather cooperated too, it wasn't too hot this year like it was last year or year before.

I think the big thing was, they seemed to raise the price of everything this year. It was $10 to get in the gate, and it seemed like ride prices and food were pretty high too. They did seem to have some nicer newer rides though.

I usually just go with my wife and her friend. They like to go see the bands that are playing. This year, we had Kansas. The county to the north of us is going to have their county fair starting this week. I think, their fair lasts 2 weeks, ours only lasts for 5 days. They always seem to have better bands too. Last year, the ladies got me to take them to see the Doobie Brothers. I think this year they want to go see Huey Lewis and the News

Not too bad. Last year they stopped charging admission. They did real well, so this year was the same. Our fair isn't that big, just 5 days long. We only have a rodeo, the usual rides, and exhibits. My kids do 4-H dogs and other 4-H exhibits. With the dogs they have to be there from 9:30 AM to 9:30 PM every day. They did really well in all their events and entries. We have more ribbons that I can count. They also both qualified for the state fair with their dogs. They are pretty excited.

ESP Off Switch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:55 am 
LOST Member

Loki wrote:
No didn't take the CB away I didn't make a big deal about it being in the car. Think I forgot to declare it on the sheet. Glad you found a HAM to help you out to get your rig back. Didn't get my Tech License until after I got out of the military. Never could get into code. Now without the code requirment I just need to find the time to upgrade. I got the theory down it was the code that I just never could get.

Where are you located? Callsign? I'm in Merced, K6SIX... or did we discuss before?

I ended up getting a Greek ham license and callsign, SV0AM.

Tow Package
Factory Skid Plates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:02 am 
LOST Junkie

hewie luois just played in So-cal and was great from what I hear.
It is worth it to make th eeffort to go see him.

Your wife will thank you for it later I am sure....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:43 pm 
LOST Member

Well I guess Ill jump on the wagon and post in the random bin.
I figured I'd post one of my crazy jeep ideas it starts out with a 2wd jeep patriot add a bunch of strength with steel custom 4 links two Dana 44s custom front bumper custom rear with swing out tire and Jerry can 6 speed trans and turbo 4cyl desel from the euro patriot 35" bfg mtrs 5 of course 5 Moab wheels custom snorkel custom flares roof basket lights up top and a bunch of othere stuff that slips my mind. This is somthing I've been thinking about for awhile now it would for sure be one of the most awsome jeeps ever in my eyes at least. That's pretty random huh

Ps to all that read my posts: I have no real computer right now so I do all my posts from my iPhone it spell checks alot but it does it wrong 80% of the time also typing on the little touch keys is a big pain so if some of my stuff doesent make a whole lotta sense it's probly the iPhone otherewise it's just me and my goofy self

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:05 am 
LOST Newbie

rickm wrote:
Loki wrote:

Where are you located? Callsign? I'm in Merced, K6SIX... or did we discuss before?

Located in the East Bay KD6HAA . I was in Greece before I had my ham license. Actually had a CB license back in the day when you needed one KSA2251

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:24 am 
LOST Member

Loki wrote:
rickm wrote:
Loki wrote:

Located in the East Bay KD6HAA . I was in Greece before I had my ham license. Actually had a CB license back in the day when you needed one KSA2251

yeah, I had one of those too, I think it was KFK8277. I've had my ham license for 35 years now.

you are fairly close to me, I'm in Merced. I have a repeater up on Mt Bullion, if you have a UHF rig. It's on 441.350 with PL 107.2 Let me know if you can get into it.

Tow Package
Factory Skid Plates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:05 am 
LOST Newbie

rickm wrote:
Loki wrote:
rickm wrote:
Loki wrote:

yeah, I had one of those too, I think it was KFK8277. I've had my ham license for 35 years now.

you are fairly close to me, I'm in Merced. I have a repeater up on Mt Bullion, if you have a UHF rig. It's on 441.350 with PL 107.2 Let me know if you can get into it.

Right now all I have operating is a Yaesu FT-470 I'll try it this weekend but since it is a HT doubt if I'll hit it. I've had my license for about 15 years but really never got active. When I worked in SF we had a Ham Shack up on the 40th floor and was able to put up some antenna's on the roof. "Real" hams were able to pick up Moscow on a good day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I built new sides for the trailer.
Off tomorrow to get some wood. But, first to the dump with the old sides.

ESP Off Switch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:43 pm 
LOST Addict

Nice 8)

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can't believe the dump charged me $10 to drop off the old sides. :evil:
My ride worked hard for me today. 8)
5X12 trailer loaded! :shock:

ESP Off Switch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 103  Next