It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103
 Post subject: Re: The Random Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Loaded her up with 30 x 8" x 8" x 12" cinder blocks and 320lbs of commercial grade mortar mix today. The rear sank so much that I was almost sitting at full bump. I think I was right about at maximum payload - haha. It was kinda scary. Shoulda borrowed my Dad's Titan!

That certainly makes me want to upgrade to the HD OME springs at some point if I ever can. I abuse my Jeep on a regular basis!

Although by the time I pay this girl off it will be at atleast 120,000 miles - probably more. I may not do anything more to her. The fact that I like another poster can't seem to find a blasted CV joint rebuild kit already really worries me. What is in store for us KK owners in the near future? If I am forced to hope that another owner of a KK crashed theirs just so I can go to the local you-pull-it car lot and pull a driveshaft... that doesn't make me feel very great about my purchase. I just hope she lasts until I pay her off...

2012 Bright white KK - Steelcraft black brushguard, painted black rims (didn't know it was so popular lol), 1" clevis lift in the front, RS Chip (woke her up!), magnaflow muffler + resonator delete and a few other small mods.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:26 am 
LOST Addict

Not sure how many people we have here that are into guns, but deer season starts tomorrow (Saturday) for NY. I'm heading upstate after work tonight so I can be there for opening day.

Really excited this year, I didn't get a chance to go last year and I have a new rifle to try out. My grandpa gave me (more like I asked for) an old bolt action he had and never used. Turns out it's a Swedish Mauser 98 from 1916. All numbers matching and chambered in 6.5x55 Swedish. Told it should be a good shooting gun. Who knows,aunt it'll make me put down my .308...

Also ordered a fixed mag AR-15 (only way to have the "killer" parts and be legal in NY) that should be ready any day now. Been spending a lot of time at the range using my friend's AR, figured it was time to have my own.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:53 am 
LOST Addict

Good luck this season! I don't hunt but enjoy eating venisen a lot. My wife's relatives in MI usually get several deer and then some of their Christmas presents turn out to be venisen summer sausage, canned stew meat, and many other yummy things.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Been tossing this idea around in my head for a little while:

King cab KK, anybody? :twisted:

2012 Bright white KK - Steelcraft black brushguard, painted black rims (didn't know it was so popular lol), 1" clevis lift in the front, RS Chip (woke her up!), magnaflow muffler + resonator delete and a few other small mods.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Bobbing it? Be prepared to install a cage to give the unibody the strength it needs. Even then it might be weaker. But hey, XJs do it and their unibody is no where near as strong as ours.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 pm 
LOST Addict

I'd find it more appealing to make it a single cab and not extended as pictured. I think that would look like a kick booty truck. Frame stiffen it and grab a manual trans with an under overdrive for added gears. If I had the time to see this happen I'd buy one and convert it into the bad booty truck this KK could be. But sadly I dont have the time. Any one else with the time to do this bad booty mod?

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:23 pm 
LOST Addict

It would obviously have the KK look but have a darn close look as the Comanche.

Only problem with a truck modded KK is the cargo area as the frame sits approximately 6" below the top of the stock floor and no way to safely drop the floor from there. The rear seat area is lower then the cargo floor so that would need to be risen to meet the cargo floor.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeah, guys... one can dream but it is a gigantic under-taking with a unibody to work with. Body on frame would be 'easier' but not quite as 'easy' as some would say to begin with... since of course you don't want it LOOKING like a hack job once you are done (even though it could quite easily be considered a hack job haha)

Like you guys said you'd need to somehow raise the floor level in the rear seat area (which is way easier said than done, if you want to do it 'right') and you'd somehow have to stiffen the entire unibody... once you cut into it and make it like a giant floppy noodle. I'm picturing big unibody stiffeners running the entire length of the KK's belly, sub-frames, and a heck of a cage. I personally think it would be flat out awesome if done right...

but doing it right is a whole other story... and let's face it - more $$$$ than I have to spare haha. Probably the easiest thing to do is to mount the whole unibody onto a shortened HD truck frame and go from there. Cut off everything except the cab and build your own bed.

If I win the lotto though... aw yeah. You can bet your booty I'm gonna do it. And probably ditch the 3.7L and 42RLE too. If I could figure out how to fit a chevy 383 in there... :twisted: ahhhh... one can dream.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Since this is a random thred heres my kkImage

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just put the new wheels onImage

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:06 am 
LOST Newbie

It is finally enough snow to play in!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:34 pm 
LOST Addict

Ok, so this is the Random Thread, so why not...

Excited to report that I modded my 2014-era Mac Mini today! It has been painfully and frustratingly slow so I added an SSD (solid state drive) to help the stock rotational drive along. WOW! It's like I have a brand new fast computer again!! The fact that I'm typing this is proof that I didn't destroy anything by taking it apart and installing the hardware, then merging the two drives into a "Fusion" drive, and finally reinstalling everything from Time Machine.

Modding my Jeep over the years put me in the right mindset for modding my computer. I just had never done any DIY stuff with my computer's internal hardware before, but it's not actually as scary as it seems. And way cheaper than buying a new computer! :BANANA:

If anyone else wants to add an SSD to their Mac, I can point you to some excellent resources for learning how to do it yourself and where to buy the parts. :frankie:

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103