It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: KK Headlight Covers Installed
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If you photoshop the fog lights since i dont have fogs anyway and had the cover expose JUST the headlights it looks even better

JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids

Post subject: Re: KK Headlight Covers Installed - Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks ya'll for the positive feedback. I'm glad I went through the effort to get them. I'm still working various considerations in hopes to get KK headlight covers in bulk available in the U.S. but won't know anything definitive until probably sometime this summer.

DirtyKK wrote:
So how much did they run you before shipment?

They were 124 Euros for the pair (which is currently about $169US).

After shipment from Greece, it took 16 days to get here, including 4 days to get in and through U.S. Customs in New York.

GermanKK wrote:
Do you have the manufacturer? I live in Germany maybe I can order them from here.

In spite of quite a bit of time searching the net, I have yet been able to track down the manufacturer, including enlisting the aid, in exchange for $ (only when they're successful), of both an English-Greek translator with family in Greece and someone who claims to be a "professional internet searcher who can find anything on public servers". If anyone can find contact information for the manufacturer, then please PM me as I'd be willing to negotiate with them about buying in bulk for import or making some other arrangement. Here's the only identifying information from the packaging:

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:21 pm 
LOST Addict

You should just have someone create a mold from yours and make us some within the states :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

das4x4 wrote:
The black looks good, but the matching body color is SWEET!

My dealer charged me $150 to color match the headlight covers to the front of my KK. Had to leave it with them for the day so they could insure a good match and have enough bake time on the paint but I was willing to go that far for the look I wanted.

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

Post subject: Re: KK Headlight Covers Installed - Pricing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:48 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MtnLuvr wrote:
In spite of quite a bit of time searching the net, I have yet been able to track down the manufacturer, including enlisting the aid, in exchange for $ (only when they're successful), of both an English-Greek translator with family in Greece and someone who claims to be a "professional internet searcher who can find anything on public servers".

PM sent.... 8) 8) 8) :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA:

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Is there any more info about possibly getting these in the states? I think they look great!

Looking for:
Hitch, cargo basket, vent visors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:56 pm 
LOST Member

I am experimenting with vinyl applicas that will hopefully look as good as these covers do. I will post photos if they turn out successfully.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

That sounds like it would work! I would defiantly be interested.

Looking for:
Hitch, cargo basket, vent visors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:59 am 
LOST Newbie

MtnLuvr wrote:
Some of you may remember the posting last summer about some headlight covers for the KK available in Greece. I hunted all through the net and couldn't find anything on them nor on any other forum or board. I wound up working with a LOST member in Europe to go buy me a set and ship them to me. This process took multiple months and was pricey. I've had them sitting around for months and only recently have I had some time to work on my Jeep that I have finally gotten around to performing this modification....

These photos (above) are from the test fitting I did a few weeks ago. I briefly entertained leaving them black, but I decided to have them painted to match my KK.

The DOW automotive exterior adhesive that came with the headlight covers had the consistency of a gummy bear and there was no way it was squeezable. This surprised me because it was dated 07/01/2009 and was totally sealed. So, I made yet another trip to the auto parts store and wound up buying some clear RTV Silicone adhesive sealant.

Used blue masking / painter's tape to hold on the headlight covers until I could reinstall the grille. I then let it sit for 4+ hours before I removed the grille yet again to remove the blue tape.

Here's some before and afters:

I think they look good after sunset with the lights on too.

I'm real pleased :D with how this turned out. Certainly alters the appearance of the front of my KK.

I don't have permission to advise which LOST member helped me obtain these headlight covers so I'm not comfortable posting it here as I don't know if he is OK with that or if he is willing to go through getting the headlight covers again. If he is, I'd expect he'll chime in on this thread sometime.

I will say I've been exploring a variety of options to try to get these KK headlight covers available (as economically as possible) within the U.S. Due to various considerations, it will probably be sometime this summer before everything has run its course and I can advise anything further. If I'm able to find a way to get KK headlight covers economically available for the U.S. market, I'll let everyone know as soon as I can.

BEAUTIFUL! i love it man! but cant you just do that with viynl? or paint?

Weather Tech liners,
4x 12v ports and 2 USB ports
Droid 2 Global Mount for GPS and Media Center
Wrangler STrubber.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cohencapture/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

hasnt bee a vinyl with a close enough color... paint sure... but good luck masking off those lenses, if you screw up you need a whole headlight assembly

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:22 am 
DirtyKK wrote:
You should just have someone create a mold from yours and make us some within the states :D

^ That.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

First.. the covers look sick...

Second.. do you think if the cover had a small thin line to complete the circle going over the fog...would look a tad bit better and more of the jeep circle headlight style?

Post subject: KK Headlight Covers Installed
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:44 am 
rsgoldseos wrote:
The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

Say what now?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:42 am 
LOST Newbie

MtnLuvr wrote:
My dealer charged me $150 to color match the headlight covers to the front of my KK.

you know you can buy exact matching spray paint for really cheap.... http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choose ... el=Liberty

Post subject: KK Headlight Covers Installed
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Color match is done for paint fading and mixed so it's per vehicle. So a re- paint new paint is not noticeable looks like the rest of vehicle. Some colors show age more than others.
Some metallic paints are harder to match too.
The pre mixed color match paint is what the color looked like "new".It doesn't take in the fact of years of being exposed to elements

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

I would do it and it looks great but i love my black housings :)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

CohenCaptureCrawler.....looks like you did a first rate job there...IMO leaving them black would have cheapened the look.

musclezmarinara wrote:
i love my black housings :)

yep, I much prefer the full headlight swap to black housings...if you're gonna do it, do it right....but to each their own :)

quick search found $100 for one headlight on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-2010- ... 724wt_1033

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Those covers in black would match my rear tail lights.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Maxxis wrote:

Did you use nightshade paint? That looks great, I've been wanting to do the same thing but not sure where to mask the lense. Nice. :D

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:10 am 
LOST Newbie

Ted15 wrote:
Maxxis wrote:

Did you use nightshade paint? That looks great, I've been wanting to do the same thing but not sure where to mask the lense. Nice. :D

I took the pictures out of the quote because they're already posted twice in this thread. I had help with my tail lights. Another LostJeeps member showed me how to do them. We removed the tail lights from my jeep. Then taped off the outside of the lens. Well most of the lens that light up. The "paint" is RustOleum bed liner. Here is a link to what we used. Good Luck.

http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=367

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next