It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: **WARNING** ESP and alignments
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Has this procedure worked for anyone with a KK :?:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:32 am 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Definetely not me

ATHFAB.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have good news at least for some. It is possible to have the abs calibrated for 245/75-16 at the dealer. I had one of the mechanics do this for me a couple weeks ago and it hasen't happened since. He didn't tell me any details but he was figuring the circumference of the tire. I assume he compared it to the available sizes in the computer. He told me it wasn't exact but it's very close. I'm not sure about bigger tires but it's worth looking into. They did it for $35.00 but I was in for other stuff already. A different dealer wanted $50.00 to look at it and another $50.00 if it could be done.
Hope this helps.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Been driving a few weeks now with 245/75/16 Duratracs on oem wheels, no ESP issues in 2WD. I need to get into the dirt to test the 4WD.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:13 pm 
LOST Member

What they charge for that? What a load of ish... It literally takes a whole 5 min

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:banghead: so, I took out the spacer lift and replaced it with OME springs and shocks. Then the stability control started making noise again :banghead:
I don't know what they did at the dealership to stop it last time but here we go again. I'll let ya know how it goes. :JEEPIN:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:29 am 
LOST Newbie

KK.SA wrote:
I faced this problem after done my car lift. this problem has nothing to do with you car lift or tyre size. all is nothing but when you lift your car on the KK you have to remove you battery in order to have access to the front shock mount.
once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) in the clockspring needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for any length of time. If the SAS is not calibrated following battery reconnection, the ESP/BAS indicator lamp is illuminated following five ignition cycles indicating the need for calibration.
To do the calibration you don't need any fancy or expensive scanner, all you need to do is as follow;

1. Start the engine.
2. Center the steering wheel.
3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the wheel all the way to the right until the opposite internal stop in the steering gear is met.
4. Center the steering wheel.
5. Stop the engine.

Happy jeeping guys.

Exactly!
Although on the LX platform (Magnum/300/Charger) you need to do it with the engine off and key in the run position.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:28 am 
LOST Newbie

After reading this thread I'm not sure I want to put a lift on my KK!

Is everyone still having ESP issues after their lift and alignment? The last thing I need is to create problems with my Jeep!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mine stopped when I had an alignment done and the speedometer calibrated. It started again when I replaced my upper control arms. I didn't get an alignment after but the arms are very close in size, I think the caster (?) is the only difference. The dealer calibrated the speedometer but I took it to NTB for the alignment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 am 
LOST Newbie

That's the key we were missing in this thread, the speedo recalibration.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lostboy wrote:

I'm pretty sure I read that some have had problems getting the dealer to recalibrate the speedo saying that the tire size isn't one of the options available but it is possible. The mechanic had to do some math I think but he got it. I checked it with my gps and it's pretty much dead nuts on. :D
I have no idea if he calibrated anything else but I wouldn't be surprised, he had my jeep for a couple hours checking stuff over, changing the oil and looking into the computer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ted15 wrote:
lostboy wrote:

I'm pretty sure I read that some have had problems getting the dealer to recalibrate the speedo saying that the tire size isn't one of the options available but it is possible. The mechanic had to do some math I think but he got it. I checked it with my gps and it's pretty much dead nuts on. :D
I have no idea if he calibrated anything else but I wouldn't be surprised, he had my jeep for a couple hours checking stuff over, changing the oil and looking into the computer.

I need to find a good Jeep mechanic, one that really cares about the vehicle. Is yours a dealership mechanic or did you find a private shop?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I went to the dealer. I'm pretty sure it takes a starscan(?). I don't think there's a private shop that's willing to pay for the software if they can even get it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ted15 wrote:
I went to the dealer. I'm pretty sure it takes a starscan(?). I don't think there's a private shop that's willing to pay for the software if they can even get it.

Buy the StarScan yourself..................

http://www.oemtools.com/buyonlinenow.html

The StarMobile is the same as the StarScan but a laptop based model,all the same functions,only $4750 which is actually down right cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ouch. I had no idea that was available. Does it receive regular updates from mopar?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ted15 wrote:
Ouch. I had no idea that was available. Does it receive regular updates from mopar?

You have to pay for those,about $600 a year and also have to pay for any programming updates you wish to apply to a vehicle and is a one time use unless you pay again and can range from $50 to over $150 per program per use and is VIN specific.That pay for programming is for like when you replace the ABS module,PCM,or any other computer that requires programming before it can be used.The yearly updates just add the next years vehicles so that it can access there OBDII system.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

You have to pay for those,about $600 a year and also have to pay for any programming updates you wish to apply to a vehicle and is a one time use unless you pay again and can range from $50 to over $150 per program per use and is VIN specific.That pay for programming is for like when you replace the ABS module,PCM,or any other computer that requires programming before it can be used.The yearly updates just add the next years vehicles so that it can access there OBDII system.

Man that's expensive. That explains why none of the shops around here have it. I guess that's one way to keep people going to the dealer. :5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ted15 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

Man that's expensive. That explains why none of the shops around here have it. I guess that's one way to keep people going to the dealer. :5SHOTS:

Also is why diagnostic fees are so expensive.Some shops and dealers have multiple scanners so they got to cover alot of $$$.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:07 pm 
LOST Addict

Ted15 wrote:
lostboy wrote:

A Hypertech programmer can recalibrate the speedo.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Does it calibrate the computer or do you have to use the hypertech for the speedometer?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next