It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Front is sagging. Need help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all - So last year I lifted my Libby, and I kind of marched to the beat of my own drummer and :frankie: my own lift. Long story short, I'm happy with the rear, but the front is pissing me off now. It's always had a little rake, but lately it seems like its been having more of a rake. Before the "I told You so's" and "your an Idiot" come out, let me be the first to say you are all right :SOMBRERO:. I read many posts, and spent a lot of screen time researching lift ideas before I went at it, but I still decided to go with Rusty's 2.5" coils along with his wortless no fit right top plate :roll: I know........ With all that said. Somebody out there please help me try to level the truck out, or even give me some positive rake up front. GIVE ME MORE LIFT UP FRONT!!!!!!!! lol. The picture below sums it up, and lift kit ideas up front are needed. Thanks all for taking a look, and I am looking forward to your feedback.

Rear - JBA 2.5" coils + ISO + OME shocks. Front - Rusty's 2.5" coils + Rusty's top plate + 3 ring clevis + OME Shocks

Post subject: Re: Front is sagging. Need help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

colomtnbkr21 wrote:
Hi all - So last year I lifted my Libby, and I kind of marched to the beat of my own drummer and :frankie: my own lift. Long story short, I'm happy with the rear, but the front is pissing me off now. It's always had a little rake, but lately it seems like its been having more of a rake. Before the "I told You so's" and "your an Idiot" come out, let me be the first to say you are all right :SOMBRERO:. I read many posts, and spent a lot of screen time researching lift ideas before I went at it, but I still decided to go with Rusty's 2.5" coils along with his wortless no fit right top plate :roll: I know........ With all that said. Somebody out there please help me try to level the truck out, or even give me some positive rake up front. GIVE ME MORE LIFT UP FRONT!!!!!!!! lol. The picture below sums it up, and lift kit ideas up front are needed. Thanks all for taking a look, and I am looking forward to your feedback.

Rear - JBA 2.5" coils + ISO + OME shocks. Front - Rusty's 2.5" coils + Rusty's top plate + 3 ring clevis + OME Shocks

I think you already know what needs to be done. Those springs need to be replaced.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:11 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Yep known issue with Rustys,
Funny thing about their top plates, they were off in 04 when I first bought a set and they're still making them that way :ROTFL:
You could use the old front shocks depending on how many miles you have along with some OME 927s and be back riding higher once again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:21 am 
LOST Newbie

The OME shocks up front have ~ 10K on them, I will definatly keep them. Your suggesting OME 927 and thats all? No top plates, or Clevis? What about Ironman coils?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:58 pm 
LOST Member

i read that the rusty springs are softer than stock....

are you running the OTT spacer with rusty springs too?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:05 pm 

colomtnbkr21 wrote:
The OME shocks up front have ~ 10K on them, I will definatly keep them. Your suggesting OME 927 and thats all? No top plates, or Clevis? What about Ironman coils?

I'd do the top plates and then see where you sit with the back, not knowing its kind of hard to say how much you need to make it level

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:06 pm 

crippled wrote:
i read that the rusty springs are softer than stock....

are you running the OTT spacer with rusty springs too?

Rustys are same as stock 310 lb
OME 927s are 400 for example
He's running a top plate not a OTT spacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for all of the good info so far. The top plate and OME will be my starting point.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:43 am 
LOST Member

could they sag even more? i didnt even know rustys had KK springs. first glance i do see the rake but it doesnt looks bad?! is that considered bad or could it get worse?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:51 am 

crippled wrote:
could they sag even more? i didnt even know rustys had KK springs. first glance i do see the rake but it doesnt looks bad?! is that considered bad or could it get worse?

They will continue to sag. ONLY set of Rustys I installed for someone kept sagging until they were 1/2 inch above stock height, and this was over less than 2 years and 25,000 miles

crippled , once again ( not being a jerk like you think, just explaining again) .............KJs and KKs both use the same front springs, isolators, top plates, etc only difference is the rear. and thats just springs rear shocks are the same as well
and
If you look he is using JBA rear springs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:09 pm 
LOST Member

lol, n Tom, this is a informative post. this is good to know.