It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: MtnLuvr's (Declassified) Off-Road Bumpers and Rock Sliders
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I thoroughly enjoy my KK. It is a great, super-versatile Jeep, working well as a daily driver (where I have to wear slacks, dress shirt & tie), hauling kids, hauling cargo (e.g. tools, remodeling project stuff) AND you can have a lot of fun with it off-road…

I’ve been contacting aftermarket companies since 2008 trying to drum up interesting in developing aftermarket products for the KK. I was hoping between enough KKs getting to market and things like our KK poll would help quantify enough interest to get some aftermarket off-road products out for the KK. I’ve been very frustrated by the lack of off-road components available for our KKs and that what little is available, isn’t, in my opinion, very robust or well made.

I’d been holding out hope for a couple options for an off-road winch bumper, but once RL formally dropped, even though I have very little time available, I felt there was no other option than to design and have built what I wanted. Since I spent the first 13 years of my career engineering and building custom electro-mechanical systems for use by manufacturers, designing what I wanted wouldn't be a problem. These custom systems were used in production where ruggedness and reliability were crucial. Given my background, since I was going to design and have my own KK off-road parts fabricated, I decided instead of just paying to have one-off sets made just for me, to take it to the next level and design in, and spend the money, to make my off-road parts repeatable so, I could have them made in small batches (say 5-10) by local metal fabrication shops I used to work with which would allow me to provide us KK owners with some viable off-road aftermarket products.

Thus, I’ve been researching and evaluating design considerations since early 2010. Originally, I was just going to focus on a front winch bumper, but after the LOST Moab GTG this past April, I knew I needed to also develop much heavier duty rock slider rails. Then, if I was improving the front and sides of my KK, I decided to also come up with a quickie heavy duty rear off-road bumper (especially since the tail of the KK hangs out so much further than most other off-road vehicles, including the KJ and all Wranglers).

I had hoped to have released some info before now, but I was dealing with slow progress from the prototype fabricator I was working with. He was a 1-man street rod fabrication shop. Long, painful story short, after 22 weeks and only getting around 3.5 weeks of work out of him, I recently had to let him go and repossess my KK. I’m now getting routine progress working with a multi-person street rod and car customization shop. Thus, I now feel comfortable sharing a little of what I’m developing. Also, I didn’t want everyone else to have to ride along on the proverbial emotional roller coaster with me while working through all the issues associated with development and waiting on someone else to work in fabrication time.

In this thread, I’m posting info on my Front Off-Road Winch Bumper, Off-Road (Basic) Rear Bumper and Heavy Duty Off-Road Rock Rail Sliders. Since I won’t know my costs per unit until I get quotes on building small batches and that won’t be done until I am done fine-tuning my prototypes, I can’t advise any sell prices yet. But, for those, like me, who have been craving being able to equip their KK with an off-road front winch bumper, heavy duty off-road rear bumper and/or heavy duty rock slider rails, then start saving your money. If the balance of my prototype fine-tuning goes decently, I would hope to have the first batches of bumpers and rock sliders out for quote in first quarter of 2011. Once I cut loose a metal fabricator on building them, then I’ll know my costs and can advise sell prices. With my approach, my company (that I’ve recently formed) won’t take your money or order unless we have the products in hand or nearing end of fabrication since we need to know our final costs to set the sell price of each unit from each production batch. One of my aunts and uncles, that already sell stuff on-line and ship nationwide, will be handling all of the order taking and processing.

Beware, my designs are NOT geared toward those that always want the least-expensive part possible. I've always believed that in most all instances you get what you pay for and believe in "voting with your dollars". I'm designing my KK off-road parts with the features I'd want to use on my vehicle - because I am! :JEEPIN:

Enjoy :D

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

Last edited by MtnLuvr on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: MtnLuvr's KK Off-Road Front Winch Bumper
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here's a list of my KK Front Off-Road Winch Bumper features that has been in prototype fabrication since late June 2010:

1. Super Heavy Duty:
      a. 1/4" steel used for all main vehicle structural connections, up to and through the winch plate and it's backbone. The formed winch plate is also gusset reinforced from below for increased structural integrity.
      b. 3/16" steel for all fascia, including all cut on computer-controlled (CNC) equipment off CAD drawings and then formed to shape prior to fit-up and welding to facilitate repeatability of the complex geometries involved.
      c. Connected to the KK's front structural elements via a total of 10 bolted connections to distribute the forces. The 10 bolted connections exclude the 2 bolted connections for the bottom of the radiator skid plate.
    2. Maximum Clearances:
      a. Multi-surfaced / multi-faceted for maximum approach angle clearance, including in the wheel path line which is critical when off-road.
      b. All dimensions listed here are at the inner edge of the front wheel path.
      c. Increased vertical clearance of over 8.5" at the back of the bumper (excluding OEM fender flare or lower air dam lip).
      d. Increased vertical clearance of around 5" at the forward leading edge.
      e. Increased horizontal forward clearance of more than 3.5" from the bottom of my new bumper. At the wheel path, the bumper face is tucked as close to the OEM structure as reasonably possible while still maintaining bumper design that integrates well with the rest of the KK front.
      f. Only hangs down, in the critical wheel path area, 8" below the bottom of the OEM front facing turn signal housing. These outer areas at the critical wheel path are raised for clearance as high as possible.
      g. Bolted 2-bolt, 10,000 lb capacity, recovery hooks are elevated to be on top of the winch plate for maximum approach angle clearance versus rigid shackle tabs sticking out of the front, or even bottom, of the bumper.
      h. Winch mounting plate is elevated for maximum approach clearance, which also helps keep the expensive winch and control box out of mud or water immersion.
    3. Winch mounting:
      a. Winch mounted feet down so no need to relocate top breather vent.
      b. Since winch mounting is a drop-deck style design, meaning it is mounted at an elevation lower than the top of the sides of the bumper, this provides extensive radiator above-bumper airflow exposure. In fact, the drop-deck opens up the area below the OEM grille to expose more of the radiator. Winches not mounted on top of the bumper, due to the KK's OEM front formed bumper backing structure will cause the winch to protrude out further from the vehicle front, and at a lower elevation which is detrimental to approach clearance.
      c. Visible winch not only adds to the rugged off-road appearance, but also facilitates monitoring of proper winch cable respooling.
      d. This winch mounting location, exposed and elevated up for clearance and to minimize immersion occurrences while still being on a drop-deck from the rest of the bumper, keeps an active winch cooler during operation, and helps it cool down faster, than bumper designs where the winch is partially for fully enclosed.
      e. Computer cut, and then formed, 1/4" winch mounting plate works with either roller fairlead or hawse fairlead (strongly recommended for use with synthetic rope winch lines).
    4. Appearance and Integration:
      a. Stylishly integrated with OEM lines at grille, head lights, turn signals, etc.
      b. Bumper sides extend around to the front wheel well openings to protect the (shortened) front fender flare.
      c. Sides provide for recessed integration, and re-use of, uniquely styled OEM KK side turn markers.
      d. Sides provide connection point for resecuring front of shortened wheel well liner.
      e. Bumper sides, or end caps, with integral OEM KK side turn markers, leave the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) sensors unobstructed, yet protected.
      f. Aerodynamic design with minimal forward facing blunt vertical surfaces, which also helps in deep snow or mud.
    5. Integral light pods for recessed and protected 4" off-road lights (test-fit with PIAA 510s) since you can never have enough light available to see the trail, and obstacles, when off-road after dusk.
    6. Allows re-use of OEM radiator and power steering cooler skid plate, although it will make those look very exposed given the dramatically increased bumper clearance. See below for my radiator skid plate accessory which will be highly recommended for maximum protection of these vital components.
    7. Hi-lift jack points.
    8. CB antenna mounting holes easily added.
    9. Configurable for theft-resistant, covered and secured winch mounting bolts and off-road lights.
    10. Able to be personalized via customizable features such as:
      a. Bolt-on Grille Guard Hoop options:
        1. None.
        2. Standard rectangular shape grille guard hoop, made from round tubing, following the OEM grille rectangle. Hoop will include attachment points for auxiliary lights, hi-lift jack mounting, etc.
        3. Full-width brush guard for headlight and forward turn signal protection, in addition to grille guard hoop.
        4. Forward-tilting stinger hoop, including auxiliary light tabs.
      b. Bolt-on Radiator (and Power Steering Cooler) Skid Plate:
        1. Provides superior, tapered, and more complete, protection while improving approach angle, yet providing ample air flow openings.
        2. Connects to OEM vehicle with 2 bolts in OEM radiator skid plate lower mounting points plus with 4 bolts to my Off-road Winch Bumper. Structurally reinforced both widthwise and lengthwise to handle the inevitable off-road hits.
        3. Provides extensive side protection for power steering cooler hoses.
        4. Stylish and cool designs visible from the front of the KK. Currently planning at least 3 cut-out designs, starting with the 7-slot just like the grille.
      c. Bolt-on recovery hooks available in black or chrome.
      d. Optional super-compact winch control box mounting assembly for mounting the winch control box adjacent (on the driver's side) of the winch (test fit with Warn 9.5XP 9,500 lb capacity winch and it's control box). Otherwise, winch control box must be mounted with winch manufacturer's mounting bracket, usually above the winch obstructing the radiator exposure. I designed in this feature as I don't like asymmetrical designs so I wanted the winch control box down at the same elevation as the winch.
      e. Bolt-on integrated, tapered, front license plate holder available that fits between front light pods without blocking airflow or hurting approach angle clearances.
    11. No welding required to mount - only some drilling of OEM structure and cutting of front fender flares to shorten them.

I've put a lot of thought and time into development of my KK off-road front winch bumper and I hope it shows.

Now, for those interested in seeing (teaser?) photos, below are some photos of the current multi-gen prototype being used to fine-tune design and pre-made part details:

Please keep in mind these photos are taken of the work in progress, and while although some components are 100% complete, others are still being fine-tuned and/or were not completed in these photos.

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Last edited by MtnLuvr on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: MtnLuvr's (Basic) Off-Road Rear Bumper
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Warning, because I didn’t want to slow down progress on my KK Front Winch Bumper or Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, I originally just decided to do a basic off-road rear bumper without any swing-out tire or other carrier provisions. I definitely knew from off-roading my KK that, especially given its long tail, that the rear of the KK could use some serious heavy duty protection. If I had known at the beginning of all this how long the initial prototype fabricator I was initially working with was going to drag out, I would’ve started work on designing a rear bumper with swing-out carriers.

We all know the rear of the KK hangs out further behind the rear wheels than most other Jeeps. From my own experience, I know this means it will take a beating. If it weren’t for my OEM tow hitch assembly, my KK’s rear bumper would’ve been destroyed by now:

Here's a list my KK Off-Road (Basic) Rear Bumper features that has been in prototype fabrication since late June 2010:

1. Super Heavy Duty:
      a. Hits along the bottom of the bumper center section will be against 2.5” structural tubing supported by formed plate. The 2.5” tubing runs across the bottom across the entire back edge for maximum strength and structural integrity.
      b. Forces are distributed across a total of 10-14 bolted (low) structural connections to the vehicle, in addition to 4 at the top of the bumper below the rear opening.
      c. The main structure doesn’t expose, and provides some protection for, the KK’s under-tail spare tire.
      d. All fascia from 3/16” steel cut on computer-controlled (CNC) equipment off CAD drawings and then formed to shape prior to fit-up and welding.
      e. 1.25” wide elevated recovery shackle tables for 3/4” pin, 9,500 lb capacity, D-rings.
    2. Integrated Class-III-style tow hitch with 2” receiver and tow wiring plug:
      a. Receiver is pre-fabricated (by a truck company), including with reinforcing ring.
      b. Tow receiver is elevated for increased departure angle clearance, and includes heavy duty round rod skid protection (when necessary to drag the back end off an obstacle).
      c. With this rear bumper and tow receiver design, if you’ve got an OEM or aftermarket tow hitch receiver, you’ll gain around 3” of pure vertical clearance at the center of the rear bumper yet still have a fully functional tow hitch!
      d. The integrated tow wiring plug is a 3-in-1 style providing 7-pin and 5-pin round connections plus the very common 4-pin flat connection without the need for an adapter. Integrated tow plug is elevated above the tow receiver for protection and to help keep it, and it’s wiring, out of mud, water and snow.
    3. Maximum Clearances:
      a. Multi-surfaced / multi-faceted for maximum clearance in the critical wheel path line via elevating and shifting forward all possible outer bumper sections.
      b. All dimensions listed here are approximately at the inner edge of the rear wheel path.
      c. Increased vertical clearance of around 5.5” at the rear fender flare, excluding the flare itself.
      d. Increased vertical clearance of nearly 3” at bumper face.
      e. Only hangs down, in the critical wheel path area, around 8.5” below the bottom of the OEM rear tail-lights. These outer areas at the critical wheel path are raised as high as possible for maximum clearance.
      f. All lower edges are tapered and/or round to act as skid when needed.
      g. Tapered sides to help get clear of obstacles as quickly as possible, and slide off them when needed.
      h. After installation, you’ll want to raise the exhaust resonator (passenger side) and EVAP canister (driver’s side). EVAP canister relocation / reorientation kit to be developed.
    4. Appearance and Integration:
      a. Nicely integrated with OEM lines at rear tail-lights, rear fender flares, etc.
      b. Genuine Jeep OEM plastic scuff plate mounted to top horizontal surface.
      c. 52” width between fixed recovery shackle tabs to not impede rear cargo area access.
    5. Provides connection point for resecuring lower portion of shortened rear fender flares.
    6. Able to accommodate a future skid plate to protect the under-tail rear spare tire.
    7. Hi-lift jackable.
    8. CB antenna mounting holes easily added (TBD if I’m going to add as a standard or not).
    9. No welding required to mount – only some drilling of OEM components and cutting of rear fender flares to shorten them.
    10. NO provisions for swing-out tire or other carrier.

As I’ve been developing my Basic Off-Road Rear Bumper, I’ve been working out how I can use much of my design to develop a KK Rear Bumper with swing-out carriers, but I won’t be able to start on that until sometime in mid-2011 after I can get the products I’ve already developed produced and available for my fellow KK owners.

Even though my Basic Off-Road Rear Bumper is my “quickie” design, I've put a lot of thought and time into development of it.

Now, although a little out-dated, here’s some (teaser?) photos of the current multi-gen prototype being used to fine-tune design and pre-made part details:

Please keep in mind these photos are taken of the work in progress, and while although some components are 100% complete, others are still being fine-tuned and/or were not completed in these photos.

Last edited by MtnLuvr on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: MtnLuvr's Heavy Duty KK Off-Road Rock Rail Sliders
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You may be wondering why I would bother developing some rock rail sliders when we KK owners already have a (single) option for them. Well, I guess it depends upon if your KK is a mall-crawler or, if like me, you like to actually take it off-road. What I found out is that the mounting system used was woefully undersized and inadequate. After only a handful of off-road trips over a one year period, here’s how my RRO (Rock Road Outfitters) “supersliders” looked:

Notice 1” cross square tubing bent at pinch seam mount! :(

Once I removed my easily bent RRO sliders from my KK and laid them flat on my garage floor:
Standing on the cross member to keep it flat on the floor to show how they bent allowing the main rock and slider rail to bend upward.

Standing on the main rock rail to show how far up the cross members bent!

My RRO sliders bent up so far that it got to the point I couldn’t open either of my passenger side doors as the bottom of the door would hit the round slider tubing! The bent rock rails also destroyed the plastic OEM rocker guard panels on my KK as they got pushed upward, crushed, and punctured by the tips of the main rock rail square tubing. After I removed my easily trashed RRO rock sliders, I had my dealer replace the plastic OEM rock guard panels spanning from wheel well to wheel well so when I designed my new Heavy Duty Off-Road Rock Rail Sliders I’d have a clean starting point.

Ok, here’s a list of my features for my KK Heavy Duty Off-Road Rock Rail Sliders which I designed and had fabricated this summer:

1. Heavy Duty:
      a. Heavy duty includes distribution of forces on heavy walled 2” square longitudinal rock rail tubing across 4 cross members (versus only 2 for RRO). Like a bridge or truss, cutting down the span between structural supports increases strength and capacity.
      b. The 4 cross member supports are laid out to distribute loads on the longitudinal rock rail tubing back across the pinch seam and to the formed box frame of the KK.
      c. All 4 cross member supports are from rectangular tubing for increased strength over square tubing of the same height.
      d. Cross member supports are configured to provide strength along the length of the vehicle for end hits into objects.
      e. Per Rock Rail Slider (or vehicle side), connects to the KK’s formed box frame via 6 bolts (versus RRO only 4), in addition to 5 bolts at the outer pinch seam.
    2. Slider Rail:
      a. Tilts upward for increased clearance while extending outward to help protect lower door panels from trail hazards. Extended slider rail even helps protect bottom of fender flares in some instances.
      b. Features tapered ends, further toward the wheel wells than others, for transitions when in contact with trail hazards.
      c. 1.5” diameter slider rail tubing makes for convenient step for access to roof rack.
    3. Even though heavier duty than other rock sliders, my design is easier to mount to the KK’s formed box frame since my drilled and tapped mounting locations are approximately 1.25” lower than RROs. Mine will come with a steel template to help with alignment of the drilled and tapped holes in the KK’s formed box frame. Mounting only requires drilling and tapping the KK’s formed box frame.
    4. Fits snug up against and integrates well with OEM plastic rock guard panels.
    5. Longest possible protection that fits OEM plastic rock guards (without making boatsides), including protection for the downward flaring plastic rock guard bulges at each KK wheel well.
    6. Stylish appearance, including computer-cut slider rail mid-brace viewable from above and outside the KK.
    7. Hi-lift jack points / jackable.
    8. Heavy and thick powder coated with matt-black colored Dupont highly UV resistant coating.

Here’s some pics comparing my KK Heavy Duty Off-Road Rock Rail Sliders to my old easily trashed RRO rails:

And here’s some photos of my Heavy Duty Off-Road Rock Rail Sliders installed on my KK:

Now, I just need to finish my off-road bumpers so I can get my KK back, and back together, and take it wheelin’! :JEEPIN:

Last edited by MtnLuvr on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's (Declassified) Off-Road Bumpers and Rock Slide
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Very nice. Thanks for the option.Hope all goes well with your new "JOB".
I cant justify the cost for my needs :( ,unless I get rich.I'd like someone to make a grill guard/ front receiver that mounts similar to the Detours backbone system. Interested????
Now get back to your now non classified project. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Awesome design's. I knew they would be well thought out and fully functional. Good luck on your new venture. Makes me want to go out an buy a KK. 8)

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Nice work, I don't have the kk ( drive the kj ) but I recogize (sp) nice work when I see it :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:20 pm 
LOST Addict

I commend you for your efforts. If anything I would want a rear bumper with carrier but I'm not real fond of the look of the rear bumper.

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's Heavy Duty KK Off-Road Rock Rail Sliders
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MtnLuvr wrote:

HHHMMMMMM..............................

Which the above are still in production for the KK,just no one wants to buy them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm 
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!

Really Troy??? :lol:

There's only so many ways to build rock rails and his are obviously different....

1) The outer rail is angled....
2)The bracing for the outer rail is different...
3)The pinchweld bar is longer...

And that's without seeing them in person... :wink:

3.5" R.E Superflex Lift, R.E Quick Disconnects, R.E Rear Driveshaft, SYE, OME Steering Stabilizer, ARB Diff Covers, JW Speaker Black Heated Headlights, Mickey Thompson 16x8 wheels, 245/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT's, 15 lb Powertank

2003 KJ Sport (BLACK) 230,000+Miles (Decommissioned)

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's Heavy Duty KK Off-Road Rock Rail Sliders
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
HHHMMMMMM..............................
Which the above are still in production for the KK,just no one wants to buy them.

Yes, I looked at all types of rock sliders, front and rear bumpers for all types of off-road vehicles, mostly Jeeps, including RL's rock sliders. Yep, the cross member support layout I'm using is akin to the KJ RL sliders. I knew I wanted to break up the rock rail "span" with 4 supports but didn't want 4 separate mounting plates.

As for RL "still in production", I haven't gotten that impression on this board. The impression I'd gotten was that RL had ceased taking any new orders and was trying to work on filling all his back-orders as time permitted around family priorities. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just sharing my understanding, correct or incorrect as it may be. I'd been holding onto hope that RL was the most viable hope for KK off-road products. When I read his announcement on LOST early this year, that was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back as I knew the only way I'd get any off-road bumpers for my KK was to have to design them myself and have them fabricated -- at very high cost to me. I would've much rather just purchased a ready-made option, had one been available.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:18 am 
LOST Addict

I love that front bumper... Wish someone could make that design for the kj. I have had that exact design in my head for about a year but could never get it onto paper or into steel. Kinda off topic but what do you think about the new MTR's? how are they on the road I'm considering a set because my duratracs are showing some serious wear.

Wanna make me a set of those Rock rails?

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
I love that front bumper... Wish someone could make that design for the kj. I have had that exact design in my head for about a year but could never get it onto paper or into steel...
Thanks. I forgot to tell you I'm psychic :wink: The front winch bumper was my primary mission and I felt like I had the most to work with. The rear on the KK is so limiting with how it is built to accomodate the under-tail spare tire yet it needs some serious protection as it will get whacked frequently, that I could've either basically made a steel version of the OEM "squarish" rear bumper, but instead I chose to go for maximum clearance, especially along the wheel path which is so critical when wheeling obstacles.

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
...Kinda off topic but what do you think about the new MTR's? how are they on the road I'm considering a set because my duratracs are showing some serious wear.
I've thoroughly enjoyed them. Wheeled them in Ouray in Summer '09, in Moab this past April and several times around the midwest. I think at times they have given me an advantage in some circumstances when wheeling with others. On the paved road, they've been fine although I don't have anything else to compare them to. There certainly is a hum, which seems loudest around 40 mph or so. They do great in rain and snow as far as I'm concerned. I do think with this type of tire it is important to stay on top regular rotation.

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
...Wanna make me a set of those Rock rails?
Once I'm having them produced in batches and for sale, you're more than welcome to purchase a pair. I have no idea if or how well they'd fit on a KJ since they've been specfically laid out and configured for the KK.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:17 am 
LOST Junkie

i LOVE your work! id buy this stuff in a split second. esp those purple rock rails ;)

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

03CDKJ wrote:
Really Troy??? :lol:

There's only so many ways to build rock rails and his are obviously different....

1) The outer rail is angled....
2)The bracing for the outer rail is different...
3)The pinchweld bar is longer...

And that's without seeing them in person... :wink:

I'm not trying to defend anybody, but this is how I see it.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DoubleK wrote:
i LOVE your work! id buy this stuff in a split second. esp those purple rock rails ;)

Those purple rock rails have been in production since 2004 from Rock Lizard Fabrications Image

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:05 am 
LOST Junkie

dieselenthusiast wrote:
DoubleK wrote:

Those purple rock rails have been in production since 2004 from Rock Lizard Fabrications Image

honestly wow, i had no idea, im totally all for getting those lol thanks though :]

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:19 am 
LOST Junkie

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
...Wanna make me a set of those Rock rails?

same here. ill buy them asap!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:shock: I'm surprised there's so much dialog on rock sliders versus the off-road bumpers, especially the front .......... :dizzy:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Rock On... your stuff is looking really good!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next