It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's (Declassified) Off-Road Bumpers and Rock Slide
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Diggerfreek wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
Man, I’m jealous. I missed some good KC BBQ. Which places did you guys go?

We did Gate's BBQ on Friday then met Gary for a run to Oklahoma Joe's on Saturday :seuss:

You can't go wrong with either. When we went back home for Christmas, we ate at 4 different BBQ joints, and Oklahoma Joe's was one them. 8)

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:09 am 
LOST Addict

dieselenthusiast wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
Man, I’m jealous. I missed some good KC BBQ. Which places did you guys go?

We did Gate's BBQ on Friday then met Gary for a run to Oklahoma Joe's on Saturday :seuss:

You can't go wrong with either. When we went back home for Christmas, we ate at 4 different BBQ joints, and Oklahoma Joe's was one them. 8)

With all of the work we did, I only ate 4 times between Thursday and Saturday night....

Did fast Italian Thursday night
Slept through breakfast Friday and did Gates for Lunch
Woke up for a quick breakfast Saturday and did OK Joe's for lunch... Than I left that night to get back to CO

I really cherished those 2 BBQ trips!

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:45 am 
LOST Addict

Where in OK be thine Joe's BBQ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 am 
LOST Member

def post when you track down the noise from the JBA lift, i have a slight noise as well which seems to be the sway bar links, i replaced the bolts and that seemed to work a bit since the noise only comes when i come out of making a sharp turn like a 3 point turn

Last edited by hislop on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

riptricket wrote:

Oklahoma Joe's has two locations both in Kansas City.

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

kskj wrote:
riptricket wrote:

Oklahoma Joe's has two locations both in Kansas City.

Yes, it was started in Oklahoma but the company has traded hands a few different times. Oklahoma Joes also started selling their own Oklahoma Joes Smoker, which was also part of the original shindig. Many real BBQ enthusiasts come to Kansas City, hence one of the reasons for the relocation. I lived in Oklahoma for 5 years, and trust me, they have some dang good BBQ. I like the type of oak they smoke with down there called Black Jack.

Sorry for the thread jack; but BBQ, Kansas City, Jeeps, and good friends all go together. :rockon:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:55 pm 
LOST Addict

hislop wrote:
def post when you track down the noise from the JBA lift, i have a slight noise as well which seems to be the sway bar links, i replaced the bolts and that seemed to work a bit since the noise only comes when i come out of making a shape turn like a 3 point turn

The noise you are hearing is most likely the track bar. The noise is most likely due to the design of the bar with heim joints.

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's 04/25/2011 Q&A....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jeepin_it_real wrote:
I need one of these asap... lol
When production batch units are available, I'll remember the #1 fan.

FDez wrote:
Just when I thought I had a sweet looking KK you go ahead and post this. :evil: :evil: :evil: :furious: :furious:

Looks sweet. :rockon: :JEEPIN:
My KK started out with the OEM Grille Guard too once upon a time...

bunkermonkeycw wrote:
arengant wrote:
Love the bumper, I am subscribing to this even thought I have a KJ
Amen.
8) x 2

Tittiez wrote:
Secksay! :twisted: I'd say I want one, but I doubt the lady would let me :evil:
Never know, if you ever get stuck (and need to self-recover with a winch), can't get where you want (due to poor OEM approach clearance) or push the OEM bumpers too far, things may change. :lol:

cmlohff wrote:
Natidog wrote:
I am definitely interested in the front and rear bumpers and the rock sliders.

I'd also be interested in hearing you feedback on the 4" JBA lift, mostly on if you have any premature part wear.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

I am definitely interested in the same feedback and possibility of the body armor for the KK being made for others to purchase.
Thank you both. Just save your money for the armor. You bet I'll keep everyone informed regarding my experiences with the JBA 4" AaS lift. Over the next month it's going to get quite the work-out in Moab at LOST's Pastasafari 2011.

createit wrote:
Hey MtnLuvr, I love the front and rear bars and what you have done. Fantastic work. We still haven't had any luck with convincing ARB to pull their finger out over here in Australia and they have told me that they will be basing their decision on the demand in the US market and to not give up hope. We have both Safari and Airflow looking at releasing their snorkels so we will keep you informed on those....
Thanks. Good luck with ARB. As I think you know from the Oz board, myself and others here tried getting ARB interested in the KK but to no avail. Of course, now I'm glad as I would've taken it if the only option, but wasn't real keen on having a park bench on the front of my KK killing off-road approach clearances.

createit wrote:
Hey MtnLuvr,...So what is the likelihood of getting your bars over to Australia or sing your design under license through a fabricator here? Would love to hear your thoughts as I have seen how I want my KK to look. Did you have to get the front bar to comply with anything to do with the airbags ( We need them compliant here in Australia )?
Once I get a production batch made, we can check on what it would take to ship a single unit, or a batch of units, to Oz. My aunt and uncle that will be taking care of warehousing, order taking and shipping, already ship merchandise all over the US and internationally.

At least for the foreseeable future, not going to spend the money to have the bumpers crash test certified. Nope, here in the U.S., don't have to do anything relative to front bumper compatibility with SRS air bags. Since my front bumper design isn't like ARB's with a winch down inside the bumper which creates the huge "park-bench" like surface jutting out from the front of your Jeep killing approach clearances, mine couldn't accomodate jounce cans or crush zones anyway. Other than the jounce cans behind the OEM bumper, the OEM crush zones of the KK are still all intact with my front bumper design. Rear bumper, not at all.

Installing a steel off-road bumper on a contemporary Jeep, such as the KK, does NOT mean the SRS airbags won't work or are directly affected. What is does mean is that there isn't a big fat piece of corrugated molded plastic up front that crumples and absorbs the first part of any serious impact. Given the forces that the SRS air bags are set to deploy at, I'd be surprised if the molded plastic of the OEM bumper dissipates enough force to make any difference in this scenario -- they seem more intended for deflection when tapping something small like a parking curb and then to bounce back into shape.

shibby wrote:
looking great man cant wait til there ready.
Thanks.

dieselenthusiast wrote:
...Sorry for the thread jack; but BBQ, Kansas City, Jeeps, and good friends all go together. :rockon:
Agreed :lol:

Diggerfreek wrote:
hislop wrote:
def post when you track down the noise from the JBA lift, i have a slight noise as well which seems to be the sway bar links, i replaced the bolts and that seemed to work a bit since the noise only comes when i come out of making a shape turn like a 3 point turn

The noise you are hearing is most likely the track bar. The noise is most likely due to the design of the bar with heim joints.
I wish my hearing was better, but the track bar seems logical. When I removed the rear suspension this past weekend to replace the OEM upper bump stops, I thoroughly inspected the rear springs and there were no signs anywhere of any contact.

:shock: 6,430+ views.....

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's Lifted, Armored KK beside OEM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Last Saturday, my niece and I quickly stopped by my local Jeep dealer for a quick side by side between my JBA 4" lifted and fully armored TanKK and OEM stock:

I was blown away when I saw this image on my computer and that the bottom of my maximum approach clearance front winch bumper at the front wheel path is almost, but not quite, the elevation of the top of the OEM KK front bumper :shock:

Measuring the difference in the side mirrors, my KK is about 3.75" higher than the OEM KK.

"maximum approach clearances." (no other caption necessary :wink: )

Fully armored tail too. Anxious to get my EVAP canister relocate bracket on, which is currently being fabricated per my CAD drawings, then need to get my exhaust resonator raised (on the passenger's side). I'm also curious to see if / how much the rear may settle when my TanKK is loaded to trail weight (e.g. with emergency tools, supplies, gear, food, passengers, etc.).

It is also worth noting that in the above photo you can see how my Heavy Duty Basic Rear Bumper design not only tucks up higher in the outer portions of the bumper for maximum wheel path clearance, but, still unlike the plain-jane OEM rear bumper, my design also tucks forward as much as possible in this same area. This maximizes clearances to the back corner of the bumper. Of course, when the bottom back of my rear bumper does eventually contact an off-road obstacle, I won't have to worry since the entire bottom edge along the back of my rear bumper is comprised of heavy duty structural tubing (which is then faced with 3/16" plate). :twisted:

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

WOW nice nice nice :POPCORN: this is like watching a good movie. every time u put new pictures the ending changes and i get happier for the hero.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Maybe I missed it somewhere in all these post but will there be an add on feature for a tire carrier to the rear? maybe similar how you have the option to add grill guard with the front. im gettin deployed and will hopefully have more money then i know what to do with when i get back. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DirtyKK wrote:
Maybe I missed it somewhere in all these post but will there be an add on feature for a tire carrier to the rear? maybe similar how you have the option to add grill guard with the front. im gettin deployed and will hopefully have more money then i know what to do with when i get back. :lol:

no no option for that... possibly to add it on after the fact though

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 am 
LOST Junkie

I so need a pair so it will lower my jeep.

Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

bhudha1 wrote:
WOW nice nice nice :POPCORN: this is like watching a good movie. every time u put new pictures the ending changes and i get happier for the hero.
:lol: Thanks. Glad I could entertain.....

E2 wrote:
I so need a pair so it will lower my jeep.
:shock: Doesn't "lower" it that much....if that's what you meant. :dizzy:

Jeepin_it_real wrote:
DirtyKK wrote:

no option for that...
Jeepin's right, no current option available for swing-out carriers on the rear bumper. My focus was on the front bumper and originally only set out to have a basic, tough, rear bumper that maximized departure angle clearance. Once I start selling bumpers, sliders and other KK aftermarket stuff, if enough people are buying, then I'll probably apply the focus and investment cash I did on the front bumper's awesome combination of maximum features to a rear bumper with swing-outs. But that would be quite some time away .... probably....

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Forgot to post, did a test fit-up of tacked together EVAP remounting bracket tonight. Fit up pretty much as expected. Gonna take it tomorrow to have small mod made and then full welded out. Hopefully can have that done by the weekend so I can paint and install. This change gains another 2-1/2" of rear clear height since the (OEM plastic "protected") EVAP canister will no longer be the lowest hanging item on the driver's side just inside the critical wheel path. I want to get my EVAP canister remounted so I can get some drive time on it around town to confirm no operational issues prior to heading to Moab for LOST's Pastafari 2011 in a 2.5 weeks.
:BANANA:

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's KK Quick-Colorado Shots
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok, several people have been interested in seeing shots of the completed goods with the various accessories. Since this past weekend I made a quick 1,400 mile roundtrip out to and back from Colorado to get some gear I had stored out there, I took a quick run up into the mountains to provide a backdrop other than my garage or nearby midwestern park.

(this one with the BNSF train is for my nephew... :goink: )
(that's a picnic table buried in the snow in this high-country campground)

Thus, this post will begin some postings over the next handful of nights of the various KK Off-Road Armor configurations.

Last edited by MtnLuvr on Tue May 03, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's Basic Front Winch Bumper (only)
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here's some photos of just my Heavy Duty KK Front Winch Bumper (with the front license plate bracket and radiator/power steering cooler skid plate) but without any of the optional Grille Guard Protection Hoops:

You can definitely see the dramatic approach clearances afforded by my winch-bumper design, yet still highly integrated with the KK's unique forward facing turn signals and side marker lamps. Even without one of the optional Grille Guard Hoops bolted to the bumper, I think the bumper still conveys some serious 'tude.

I'll post more tomorrow night...... :CAMPING:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:04 pm 
LOST Addict

ImageImageImage

You have no idea how bad I wanted to destroy my cell phone :evil:

Sorry again Craig :cry:

END Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Diggerfreek wrote:
....Sorry again Craig :cry:

No worries, I knew if I just headed West and Up that I'd find the mountains :wink:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:16 pm 
LOST Addict

MtnLuvr wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:
....Sorry again Craig :cry:

No worries, I knew if I just headed West and Up that I'd find the mountains :wink:

LOL

Just remember, if you go to far west, you end up on the dreaded land of UTAH :shock: :shock: :jester:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next