It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's (Declassified) Off-Road Bumpers and Rock Slide
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:00 am 
LOST Junkie

Thanks for the response, I was just messing with you those trails are hard. I want a pair off your rock rails by the end july.

Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's Off-Road Armor - 07172011 Feedback
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ryn7 wrote:
Those are very impressive bumpers you have designed for KK's.
Absolutely gorgeous looking.
You have greatly improved the look of the second generation Liberty!
Thanks. :)

palehorse0809 wrote:
Good morning all,
I want one of these bumpers. I have looked all over the net. I have even put my kids to look for it and finally, YOU have made me the ALMOST happiest man in the world. As soon as I know where to order from and the cost, Then will I become the happiest man in the world.
Thanks, and for using your first LOST post for the compliment. If LOST stays up and running well enough (been slow this evening), I'll provide a couple updates later tonight. :JEEPIN:

jdizzle wrote:
Hey MtnLuvr, thats a limited right? Did you paint the chrome or did yours come without it? I was wondering if there was some way for me to get rid of all this chrome on my limited.
PM reply sent. Yep, my KK's a Limited but when I custom ordered it, I had negotiated and pre-arranged for the dealer to remove all the chrome Limited pieces and replace with the black ones off the Sport model before I took delivery. Quickly glancing back at my purchase in January 2009, to replace the Limited's chrome cost:
    1. Replace Chrome Grille with painted Grille = $293 (parts & labor)
    2. Replace Chrome body side mouldings, all 4, with black Sport ones = $366 (parts & labor)
    3. Replace Chrome rear brow with black Sport unit = $152 (parts & labor)
Hope that helps....

E2 wrote:
Thanks for the response, I was just messing with you those trails are hard. I want a pair off your rock rails by the end july.
Uh, end of this July.....won't happen. Standby for an update post later this evening.

:JEEPIN:

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's KK Off-Road Armor - Update 07-2011
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Time for a little update, as many folks seem anxious for me to get my KK Off-road Armor products to market so they can enjoy the same benefits I have been.

I certainly did not intend for the calendar to read as it does and still not have my KK Off-road Armor available for purchase for those seriously interested. Since I first divulged what I was working on, which should benefit all of the KK enthusiast community, and started this thread (now with over 9,000 views), I've lost 2 extended family members through non-quick battles for their lives. I've also had some personal matters I've had to deal with too, plus pesky day-job (including some rush-trips and long hours to take care of issues on my $250M design-build project I'm co-managing). I'm not even mentioning some of the matters that come up with my other side business from time to time.

Believe me, I fully understand anyone who is frustrated that these KK Off-road Armor products aren't available yet. That was me from January 2009 until about February 2010 when I realized if the KK was ever going to get some serious off-road armor, I was going to have to design it myself and pay to have it custom-made. Then once I started on my KK Off-road Armor projects, the street rod fabricator I was originally working with for my prototypes became very disappointing to deal with as he was dragging it out (and basically ignoring my project) for months on end. I finally had to pull the plug on him, even though he was a street-rod buddy of and lived near my dad, and start fresh with another street rod custom shop. I was without my KK, except for a few weekends at home to review progress or design more parts, for 9 months! Now, that was frustrating (especially because I had wanted to do a Colorado trip with it late last summer, but didn't get my KK back until this past Spring of 2011).

It was quite the mad rush getting the KK back together and ready for LOST Pastafari 2011 in May, I had to focus just on that. As it was, there were a couple other things I wanted to do to it prior to the trip, but didn't get to. Given all that was going on, I decided since I was without my KK all of last summer (2010) for 9 months clear up until this past Spring, that this summer, I was definitely going to enjoy making use of it, including taking some major off-road trips. Including, I'm getting ready to take the KK and my father on a road-trip in early August.

I hope people understand. Now, for the positive aspect of what has transpired......as you can probably tell from my various posts, I'm generally pretty detailed, perform my due diligence and try to have well thought-out design considerations. That means I've been making use of this period for some serious testing of my KK Off-road Armor which will benefit everyone who buys some in the future. Some of the real-world testing I've been doing with my Off-road Armored TanKK include:
    1. Trail tested in Moab at Pastafari 2011.
    2. Trail tested around the Midwest (early July at Tuttle Creek).
    3. Lightly tested in Colorado early May. Getting ready to heavily trail test it in Colorado later this summer. :twisted:
    4. Tested routinely running in 100F + heat (and no cooling issues).
    5. Trail tested recovery hooks on the front bumper and recovery shackles on the back.
    6. Many highway trips. Only one small issue with the front wheel well liners, and that was easily remedied.
    7. Many experiences with washing, cleaning and care. This experience has led me to change my plans for the finish on some fasteners just so everything will stay nice looking for as long as possible.
    8. Experience changing out the front-end protective Grille Guard hoops to alter my KK's appearance.
    9. Experience with mud-holes -- including checking if any concerns from how the off-road armor is configured.

In the meantime, I have been working on some background research to facilitate company operations. I've got the company formed (no, I'm not going to tell anyone yet, so please don't ask the company name :wink: ). Thus, as a result of this time where I've been putting the fully armored KK through its paces, I definitely feel the end result that I'll be selling, once I have them competitively bid and made in batches, will be improved and everyone else will benefit.

I spent enormous amounts of my own time and out-of-pocket cash to insure my KK Off-road Armor designs were repeatible. I've got good CAD drawings on every piece and have confirmation they all fit together properly for nice tight, integrated, fit on the KK (much better than other KJ bumpers I've seen). One of the benefits of my plan to competitively bid and order the KK Off-road Armor in batches is that once I have the first batch built, I won't be the proverbial bottleneck anymore. My aunt and uncle have all their warehousing space ready (that I'll be using) and are just waiting for product and to start taking and shipping orders to other KK enthusiasts. They already run a business selling merchandise on-line and shipping around the country and world. Ya'll will be relieved when I have products to sell and I'll be relieved to not be the hold-up any longer. I've got a huge list of things I want to design and have made for my KK and look forward to attacking that list. :twisted: At least when you're getting KK off-road products from me, you'll know they're coming from a KK owner, a true KK enthusiast and one who actually takes his off-road, and someone interested in promoting the on-going use and versatility of the KK and participates in on-line forums like LOST.

Unless some other personal matter comes up which must take precedence, I am planning that once I get back from my forthcoming Colorado trip, that in August I should be able to focus on getting some tweaks made to my CAD drawings and putting together bid packages to send to local custom steel fab shops I've worked with through the years. Also going to get some pricing from a few powder coating shops too for some options. Once I get bids in, I've got to do some number crunching and work out a few things, then I can announce pricing as the first batch is being made. I will be pushing to get this done as quickly as possible late summer. I know this isn't as soon as any of us wanted, but I am trying to keep everyone informed. :)

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's Off-Road TanKK, NY Stinger-style
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

And for those who prefer the Stinger Style Grille Guard, front-end protection, hoop, here's some photos of a recent midwestern wheeling trip where I changed out my Full-width Brush Guard for the Stinger-Style Hoop:

Poser shots rockin' the Stinger Style Hoop. To me, it seems so different how much of the headlights are reveled as I'd quickly gotten so used to the Full-width Brush Guard style. My KK still turns a lot of heads with the Stinger Style Hoop on it though. :twisted:

A little midwestern rock-crawlin'....front approach angle and rear departure clearances are so important.

Putting one of the front recovery hooks to use to help a fellow midwestern wheeler.

Ditto for use of rear recovery hook to again help a fellow midwestern wheeler.

Why rock slider rails are a good idea.

Stinger-equipped KK heading up hill.

Making use of awesome approach and departure clearances to navigate across an earthen ravine.

Just a stroll through the woods after exploring near an area lake.

Mmmmmm, more benefits of awesome approach angle. Don't try this with a stock OEM or any other option for the KK.

Climbing up and over the rock ledge. Armor is our friend :)

Stinger lights (off-road use only) after dark.

And here's the light pattern with (2) 6" off-road lights mounted to the bottom of the Stinger-Style Hoop, plus the 4" lights integrated into the bumper with the OEM headlights and fog lights.

Enjoy. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Once I get that pesky chrome taken care of, your bumpers (when they are available) will be the next big thing! OMIGOSH Im excited :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

OME NS131 Shocks
REAR
OME 2731 Coils
Skyjacker N8088 Shocks
BFG 245/70/17 Rugged Terrain A/T

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:08 am 
LOST Newbie

I congratulate you on all the effort put into this project. I know, we all know that the end item will be a hit.
I have read all posts starting at page 1 of course, and have not found how you will be taking orders once you start mass producing. I know that some members here have been following you since the beginning of your project, others like myself, only got lucky and found this site after many surfs. Do you have any idea how you are going to do the purchase requests???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:51 pm 
LOST Addict

I still have more lights :goink:

Love the action shots Craig!

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Whenever these are available I'm very interested in a set of the rock rails. And maybe a bumper too...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:05 pm 
LOST Member

I know this has to have been asked already, but I'll ask again.

Have you done any research regarding the modifications necessary (if any)
to mount one of your bumpers to a KJ??

I like the design ALLOT. Like you, I haven't found anything in the aftermarket
that I like. You're relatively close to me, and if only minor mods are required,
I'd definitely look into picking up a front bumper for my KJ.

Any thoughts??????

Bass Player Extraordinaire, Keeper of the Eternal Flame
of the Immortals, Master Swordsman, The "5th" Beatle,
Expert Marksman, Stand-up Comedian, Martial Artist,
Jeep owner, and all around swell guy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:57 pm 
LOST Member

I need a front and rear bumper!!!! Are you still selling these items and if so what will they cost me? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

:pepper: awesome pics :JEEPIN:
love them

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:01 pm 
LOST Member

Should have read the entire thread before posting my last comment. Please keep us in the loop as to your progress. I think these are gonna be hot cakes and we all want to be in on that first batch!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey mtnluvr. Haven't seen an update in awhile. You still planning on selling those awesome bumpers? :JEEPIN:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ted15 wrote:
Hey mtnluvr. Haven't seen an update in awhile.

That’s because he was out visiting me, lol. :mrgreen:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

dude... bad :twisted: booty :twisted:

i know this is an old post but i just saw that front bumper and my jaw hit my chest. pretty sick man... you should get some patents for that and the rock sliders and start pitching the design to a few after market co's... prob make some good loot! :rockon: :rockon: :2cents: :rockon:

Blacked headlights
30% tints all around
Stainless Nerf Bars
Interior: TouchscreenNav, Bluetooth, UConnect, SatRad, MP3/DVD player.
800W Kenwood pushing Alpine 843D sub in a built-to-spec ported box.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

[quote="JetRollin11"]dude... bad :twisted: booty :twisted:

LOL auto-censored my "bad azz" :ROTFL:

Blacked headlights
30% tints all around
Stainless Nerf Bars
Interior: TouchscreenNav, Bluetooth, UConnect, SatRad, MP3/DVD player.
800W Kenwood pushing Alpine 843D sub in a built-to-spec ported box.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:31 pm 
LOST Addict

wow, just saw this thread. now I am wishing I had a KK! Love everything. If you can get those for a KJ, I would do whatever it takes to get them. Nailed the front bumper and the sliders.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

last update was a little over a month ago. I am just wondering about the progress, i know you mentioned you were hopefully cracking down in August and that there may be some info you could relay to us by end of summer. Thanks again man. I am really lookin' forward to these

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm still waiting for these to be made! Even though I live in GA now, and not 30 miles away from Craig anymore, I'm still going to have him ship a Front and Rear Bumper, and Rock Sliders to me.

2" Daystar Lift
TJ Moabs w/ 245/75R16 Duratrac's

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:22 am 
LOST Newbie

RenegadeKC wrote:
I'm still waiting for these to be made! Even though I live in GA now, and not 30 miles away from Craig anymore, I'm still going to have him ship a Front and Rear Bumper, and Rock Sliders to me.

lol im in MN now and waiting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next