It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: MtnLuvr's (Declassified) Off-Road Bumpers and Rock Slide
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

eoerikson3 wrote:
kskj wrote:
Talked to Mtnluvr last night. He is working in Idaho and is working 12 to 15 hours days seven days a week since the first of January. Not much time for anything else.

Any ideas on how to convince Mtnluvr that it would be far more beneficial to quit his job so he can make the 5-10 bumpers needed by us? Hopefully I will have money left when he does get it into production. My fiancee keeps pulling money out for this and that and hasn't bought anything for my KK yet. :(

Of all the things I have seen on the market this is by far the best designed. It addresses several key issues and offers solutions for those issues. It's very well thought out. It will suit my needs and wants best.

Im still in on making my own .

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:48 am 
LOST Newbie

Craig - Any updates on possible production of bumpers/sliders?

2" Daystar Lift
TJ Moabs w/ 245/75R16 Duratrac's

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 am 
LOST Newbie

Anybody talk with mtnluvr ?.????

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:55 am 
LOST Junkie

I DEMAND UPDATES !!!

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Im with him ^^^^^^^^^^^^ WE WANT UPDATES :-)r :5SHOTS: :ALONE:

JeepMonkey :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

musclezmarinara wrote:

lol i asked for the plans .. NO GO we have a full CNC machine and press with a welder on staff too bad we could bang these out in a few weeks.

Why would you ask someone for the plans of a project that they invested tons of time and probably lots of money into? Did you honestly think he would just say "oh yeah! here you can make MY bumpers and sell them, I don't mind YOU taking MY product and selling it." seriously? I feel like as a shop owner you should know better. :2cents:

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I really badly want the whole set (front, back, and sliders) but I dont know how much to set aside so I know that I will have enough when they finally come up for sale... :banghead: ... so does anyone know a true ballpark number on the final cost? and are they going to come powder coated or are the going to be sold raw?

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Thanks,
JeepMonkey190 :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JeepMonkey190, you are asking a lot of questions that nobody can answer except for MtnLuvr himself. In case you’re not aware, MtnLuvr has not posted on this thread since Nov 5th, 2011. I’m not saying this thread is dead, but I am saying that there is no reason for anyone to keep asking questions until the man himself posts an update.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yea that's true, but I hope he gets on soon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:58 am 
LOST Junkie

CoopaTroopa wrote:
musclezmarinara wrote:

lol i asked for the plans .. NO GO we have a full CNC machine and press with a welder on staff too bad we could bang these out in a few weeks.

Why would you ask someone for the plans of a project that they invested tons of time and probably lots of money into? Did you honestly think he would just say "oh yeah! here you can make MY bumpers and sell them, I don't mind YOU taking MY product and selling it." seriously? I feel like as a shop owner you should know better. :2cents:

Probably because he keeps showing pics and not producing a sell-able item

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

What has Marty posted pics of that isn't a sellable item or isn't being made? Skinks? Racks? Bumpers? Now SFA swap. What more do you want? He hasn't posted a picture of a kk bumper. If you're a shop owner maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and produce your own products for the masses.

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Marty's back up but I don't think he's advertising yet. I have a set of skinks that he just finished, they're very well made.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I believe he's referring to mtnluver. Marty is Rocklizard. I'd have to agree with you though, someone with a well equipped fab shop should be able to come up with a very nice design. I wouldn't even worry too much if it looked similar to someone else's design, there are only so many ways to make this stuff. :2cents:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Craig (MtnLuvr) hasn’t posted any pics since November 2011. Both Craig and Marty are personal friends of mine and I respect both of them. I’ve had in depth discussions with both concerning their products, but I am not at liberty to post publicly. Craig and Marty are very similar in that fabrication is not their primary job, rather a second job and/or hobby. I will say that Marty is setup completely different now with more machinery, more equipment, a larger well equipped shop, more local sources, and much more time than what he had before. I’ve personally seen prototypes of Marty’s KK bumpers, but I know that Marty doesn’t want to release anything until he is caught up on all his orders. MtnLuvr, who did an excellent job designing his products, was forced to fabricate something since there wasn’t anyone on the market selling KK bumpers. So I commend him for not complaining and taking the initiative to design and fabricate a nice looking and nice fitting front and rear bumper design. I’m sure that Craig would love to fabricate and sell his bumpers, but there’s only so much time in the day.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Last edited by dieselenthusiast on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

Ted15 wrote:
I believe he's referring to mtnluver. Marty is Rocklizard. I'd have to agree with you though, someone with a well equipped fab shop should be able to come up with a very nice design. I wouldn't even worry too much if it looked similar to someone else's design, there are only so many ways to make this stuff. :2cents:

Go to the previous page, almost the bottom he asked Marty for his plans after he got no response from mtnluver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Seriously? I hope he wasn't asking to get them for free lol. I've been in contact with Marty and I can say for sure that his designs aren't for sale, he's using them. I know this isn't the place but you gotta see these.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:12 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Too many people "assume" things without any facts to go by :roll:
Most everyone "assumed" Craig would just drop everything he had to do in his personal life just to build bumpers for them
Most everyone "assumed" that if you don't hear from someone then they should just give up their plans they have worked on to someone for nothing.
Not many want to take the time, (and more time) it takes to fab something up from scratch. They want it given to them in a full size scale pattern or better yet with the parts cut out :ROTFL:
I'm sure when the time is right Craig will be back
and
I know Marty ( Rock Lizard) will continue to be producing bumpers and other " new " products as well.
Will they be ready tomorrow ?? NO you drive a KK , like the KJs theres not much out there so you may have to wait a little while for good products to be made

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well said Tom!

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:47 am 
LOST Newbie

For the record, I am still impatiently waiting. I know what I like and I like MtnLuvr's design. I will wait until he's ready to start producing these bumpers or someone else comes up with a quality design. If it is next year then so be it. I have no problem keeping my KK off the trails until it is properly equipped.

Future plans: Steps, roof rack, and some sort of bumper modification for a winch mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:32 pm 

Keeping your KK off trails until properly equipped ??
I wheeled with a KK this weeekend with RL rock rails and they did what they were suppose to do. Great product , so why wait. While you are waiting others are out having tons of fun . Plus you maybe waiting for some thing that will never be.
Kind of like waiting for a super model to ask you to marry her, odds are you'll die without ever having it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next