It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New member and KK owner
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi fellow Jeepers, I just picked up my KK 2009used 4x4 with sky slider with 29k miles and I need some advice on several questions
1. Are their any sky slider owner who never had any problems or are they all junk? I am trying to prepare for any type of failure or leakage.

2. It is under Warranty but the lower row of buttons under the radio containing ESP, the house plug, and four ways, downhill assistance does not work. Is their a fuse that operates all of these in the panel?

I have read thru most post and am really exited to be part of this community. I live in Florida and look forward to seeing some of you on and off the road.

Tom TJ
2008 kk 4x4

Post subject: Re: New member and KK owner
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:33 pm 
LOST Member

Tjschatt wrote:
Hi fellow Jeepers, I just picked up my KK 2009used 4x4 with sky slider with 29k miles and I need some advice on several questions
1. Are their any sky slider owner who never had any problems or are they all junk? I am trying to prepare for any type of failure or leakage.

2. It is under Warranty but the lower row of buttons under the radio containing ESP, the house plug, and four ways, downhill assistance does not work. Is their a fuse that operates all of these in the panel?

I have read thru most post and am really exited to be part of this community. I live in Florida and look forward to seeing some of you on and off the road.

Tom TJ
2008 kk 4x4

Welcome to the forums TJ.

1) I have the skyslider on my KK and have never had any issues with it. With that being said I DO NOT open or close it at speeds greater than 35MPH. You can also get grease from your dealer for the skyslider to keep it lubricated.

2) I don't have my owners manual in front of me but I do not think these switches are fused as they are just signals that are being sent to the PCM (don't quote me, check your manual to see if its fused). It's possible that the connector in the back is unplugged. If the previous owner had an aftermarket radio and replaced the factory radio before he traded it in, it's possible that it got left unplugged when everything got put back together.

'08, OME HD/MD coils, Ironman shocks, Al's A-arms, Top plates, ATH front recovery, V-Tec Offroad wheels 17x8.5, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's 265/65R17, Jasper Offroad 12" Dual LED lightbar, Mopar hitch and harness, RRO roof rails and cross bars, Viper throttle body, K&N FIPK, Hypertech Max Energy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Tjschatt wrote:

Tom TJ
2008 kk 4x4

Welcome to lost!

With that said, I have a 2011 with a skyslider and no problems. You'll love it trust! As for the bottom switch panel I'm not too sure. Definitely check the manual to see. Someone who has pulled their interior apart would probably know better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Quote:

Congrats and welcome!

I've had my console off many times. I know I forgot to plug those switches back in one time :banghead: and it drove me crazy until I double checked. Hopefully it is as simple as huntb mentioned about the previous owner.

Good luck!

265/70R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Westin Brushguard
Rigid Industries 10" & 40" LED Lightbar
RL Basket Rack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 pm 
LOST Addict

Welcome to Lost and you're going to love your KK. I am another person with the Sky Slider and happy with it.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms