It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite Mods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:43 pm 
LOST Member

Hey yall,

I'm new to the LOST forums (started going through last week) and have loved all of the threads. I haven't seen a thread like this so I wanted to try and start a new one. This will help some people get ideas who are new to modding their KK's (like me).

What are your favortie mods that you've done to your KK so far? Pictures are appreciated!

Never Stop Exploring

Post subject: Re: Favorite Mods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:48 pm 
LOST Addict

Welcome to the forum! :JEEPIN:
I am just starting to mod my Jeep. I have an '08 KK that still looks stock. Here's what I have done so far:
-New spark plugs, air filter, oil changes, tire rotation (fun to do yourself)
-Fumoto Oil Drain Valve to make changing the oil easier
-A/T (all-terrain) tires
-Wheel locks
-Full sized spare tire
-Add rear flipper glass weatherstripping re: TSB and sealing water leak under rear hatch gasket
-Husky Liner floor mats & trunk mat
-Scangauge II with dash mount
-Cabin air filter mod (your 2012 probably came with one already)
-Fix trailer wiring (done wrong by P.O.)
-Hitch-mounted bike carrier
-Grill cut-out for true ram/cold air intake
-Mopar skid plates (full set)
-Mopar KJ front tow hooks

Future pipe dreams:
Trunk-mounted power inverter
JBA 2.5 inch lift with adjust-a-strut & uca's
Yakima crossbars & roof basket
Aliner pop-up camper

The most important thing is to have fun with it! There is a lot of regular maintenance you can do yourself if you get a floor jack and jack stands, and many relatively inexpensive mods you can do. Cheers, --LFH

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:21 pm 
LOST Addict

This thread has some other ideas: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=66055

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:34 pm 
LOST Member

Welcome to forum!

The most useful and practical mod IMO was to switch out the stock tires (GY ST's) to an AT style tire.

Everything else has been icing on the cake. Unforturnately, all that icing has fattened up the KK so now the mpgs are way worse. :ROTFL: Oh well, its a JEEP. Lots of big and little things you can do. I do suggest a good set of tires whether you lift or not. Enjoy.

Happy :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:41 pm 
LOST Member

If i wanted good MPG's, I'd get one of those hideous looking hybrids and would get all hippyish with it :mrgreen:

I've considered some inverters for tailgating for football and basketball season. It'd be a nice little addition to the Jeepster

And tires have been on my list since I bought my Jeep. I've looked through the forums to see what the largest size I could get would be because I decided against a lift kit for now (I only do light trails at most, I'm more of an overall adventure through backroads kinda guy).

My pipeline is something like this:
1) install the RRO Adventure Rack
2) Light it up with another set of KC HiLites and some backup lights
3) New Tires
4) Interior mods (switch box for lights, maybe some interior lighting)

Never Stop Exploring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My new favorite mod so far, so you think its safe to say that I am the first one to do this mod?

Before,

After,

If you would like to know how just ask but its not exactly the same as doing the headlights.

JeepMonkey190 :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:39 am 
LOST Member

That looks awesome, I'd love to see a thread on how to do that and I'm sure a lot of the other guys on here would too :D

Never Stop Exploring

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My FT hood and rack are my favorite mods, then the lift.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

Last edited by Scar0 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mine was definitely the lift. Even if you're not looking for the additional ride height the change in the ride and handling are well worth it. I'm running OME springs and Bilstein shocks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:45 am 
LOST Newbie

Mine is my stereo. I spend alot of time inside the Jeep so I need good sound. Plus the passengers can watch movies while on a road trip and not scream at me for my driving.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:16 am 
LOST Member

i'd love to do a lift but i don't know if i can drop the :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: needed. i'm still in college and can't afford to spend all my wages on that lol

and a stereo upgrade has been in the back of my head for a while. thinking about upgrading the speakers for now and seeing if i can build a custom sub-box to fit somewhere hidden, yet to find that place though :banghead:

Never Stop Exploring

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 am 
LOST Newbie

jjohnson1892 wrote:
i'd love to do a lift but i don't know if i can drop the :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: needed. i'm still in college and can't afford to spend all my wages on that lol

and a stereo upgrade has been in the back of my head for a while. thinking about upgrading the speakers for now and seeing if i can build a custom sub-box to fit somewhere hidden, yet to find that place though :banghead:

You can do a budget lift with spacers. Some people say bad about them but it is what it is a budget lift so you do sacrifice some ride quality. Ive had my daystar for over a year and have no spring sag and it rides like stock. The stereo is a great mod to these jeeps. I have the pioneer TS-SWX310 which fits great against the back seat and ends right at the cargo lid so I didn't loose any space really. I thought about building a box for under the rear seat but when you fold the seats down the bottom collapses so it wouldn't work there. If you save up about $350 you can buy the stock sub box and side panel to do it that way. Here is a link to the sub http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_120 ... WX310.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:16 pm 
LOST Member

i love the sub you just posted, thats worth thinking about for sure.

and i wish i could test drive a KK with a budget lift to see what its actually like, because some people love it and some hate it. i would hate to drop the time and money into a budget lift if i end up hating how it rides

Never Stop Exploring

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

jjohnson1892 wrote:
i love the sub you just posted, thats worth thinking about for sure.

and i wish i could test drive a KK with a budget lift to see what its actually like, because some people love it and some hate it. i would hate to drop the time and money into a budget lift if i end up hating how it rides

Look at the number of people who have tried a spacer lift only to swap it out soon after.
If you hate to drop the time and money into a spacer lift , then think it over first real hard.
I won't install one, you're spending quite a bit on a good vehicle, why cheap out on a lift.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:33 pm 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:
I won't install one, you're spending quite a bit on a good vehicle, why cheap out on a lift.
]

I definitely agree with you, if you're gonna do it, do it right. Just a lot of cash to throw down to "do it right" in this case so a lift will probably just be a dream in the backseat for a few years :(

Never Stop Exploring

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think there's one for sale in the classifieds section of the forum...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:46 am 
LOST Member

I'll look into it. It's stuffed into the "ideas for the jeep" closet in my brain, along with a bunch of other things. For now, I have the RRO rack and KC's coming in, along with paint from dipyourcar.com for my wheels, trim, and emblems! :rockon:

Never Stop Exploring