It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adding Remote Start
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:32 am 
LOST Newbie

I wanted a remote start installed and was looking at ecar security's website but with the Sentry Key I'm thinking that we have to stick with the Mopar kit. My question is: If I get this kit from Amazon, will I be able to have the two new keys that it comes with programmed to my Jeep at the dealership or do you have to order the coded key from DC? Do the blank keys that this kit comes with not have the coded chip in them? I is be confusedid
http://www.amazon.com/MOPAR-REMOTE-STAR ... B00407Q5WQ

Post subject: Re: Adding Remote Start
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:47 am 
LOST Newbie

Why must 50 miles be put on before It'll work?!

"2008-2012 Jeep Liberty owners with keyless entry can now rejoice. Now available is this new genuine Mopar remote starter kit. A great accessory in summer or winter. This complete kit comes with two new keys as well so you don't have to add on another remote either. So what if it's cold and rainy or snowy outside! With this kit you can with a touch of a button start that icy cold Jeep from a distance of up to 800 feet and let it fully warm up. We can't change the weather but this remote start sure can make it a lot more tolerable. Just think no more chattering teeth while you drive off to work in the morning. PLEASE NOTE: THIS ITEM WILL REQUIRE A TRIP TO THE LOCAL DEALER FOR INSTALLATION AS WELL AS THE COMPUTER TO BE PROGRAMMED AND THE NEW KEYS TO BE CUT. ALSO A MINIMUM OF 50 MILES MUST BE PLACED ON THE VEHICLE BEFORE THIS ITEM WILL BECOME FULLY OPERATIONAL."
This ^ came from here: http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-2008-2012 ... sbs_auto_2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:51 pm 
LOST Member

Ha...thats from my Jeep dealer down the street.

I was wishing I had that remote start on mine. I might have to drive over and see if I can get that installed.

Since the FOBs are different (start button) the 50 mile thing might be some learn function.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

^That's cool Drednot! I wonder what it will cost for the dealer to program both new keys and install the remote start? I wonder if they have a key cutter at the dealer or if you have to take your old key and the blanks to a locksmith?

So many questions....I'll call my dealer tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got mine just installed frome jeep install was 129.00 for they 2 new keys programed and start instaledl but u need 2 programed keys then they will program the 2 new keys and there is no 50 miles needed.might go differnt dealer cause they might not know what they doing had mine in 3 month and its nice.Key r cut and programed at jeep. u must have keyless entry

2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 Natural Green Pearl
Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

teckn9ne wrote:
I got mine just installed frome jeep install was 129.00 for they 2 new keys programed and start instaledl but u need 2 programed keys then they will program the 2 new keys and there is no 50 miles needed.might go differnt dealer cause they might not know what they doing had mine in 3 month and its nice.Key r cut and programed at jeep. u must have keyless entry

Why would you need 2 programmed keys? Do they keep them?

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

they need 2 keys 2 program the 2 new keys no they dont keep them it can be programed any one but 2 keys will be needed.if u dont ave 2 working keys it would be expensive. its is all in the manual about needing 2 keys for the program ing of any new keys

Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

Check my postings OP i had the remote start installed myself then the dealer coded and cut keys easy peezy lemon squeezy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 am 
LOST Newbie

teckn9ne wrote:
they need 2 keys 2 program the 2 new keys no they dont keep them it can be programed any one but 2 keys will be needed.if u dont ave 2 working keys it would be expensive. its is all in the manual about needing 2 keys for the program ing of any new keys

I don't like hearing this! They only gave me one key when I bought my Jeep...so basically I guess I'm screwed!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 am 
LOST Newbie

If u only have one key most likly the will recode new keys and ignition and your one old key will never work again but not sure of the cost.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I've had good luck having them do stuff like this when I take it in for service. Most if the time they do stuff and don't charge additional for it if it isn't time consuming. Lately though, I've been doing my own service.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's