It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011 Jeep Liberty Jet - Trail Ready?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

I recently bought my pre-owned, Jet not intending to use 4WD for anything more than snow-covered roads in VT and a few sand runs on Jones Beach in Long Island. Now that I've seen people's pictures and videos, I'm tempted to get it off the road and get it dirty. However, I've read that the Jet isn't Trail-Rated. What exactly do I need to get my Jet Trail-Rated?

Note - before anyone starts throwing stones at my "bling-bling" Jet, remember that their slates aren't clean in the eyes of certain YJ, TJ and JK owners. :wink:

Post subject: Re: 2011 Jeep Liberty Jet - Trail Ready?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

From what I've learned on here, correct me if I'm wrong, it's mostly just the size of the rims.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Does it have the trail rated badge by the drivers door? Look for breathers on the axels, transmission and transfer case. Do you have a low range transfer case? These are some of the things to look for. :2cents:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

Post subject: 2011 Jeep Liberty Jet - Trail Ready?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KK4x4 wrote:
From what I've learned on here, correct me if I'm wrong, it's mostly just the size of the rims.

x2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 am 
LOST Addict

Should only be the rims that make it lose the badge. Of course skids and recovery would be very handy if you plan on taking the Jeep offroad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bmxer524 wrote:
Should only be the rims that make it lose the badge. Of course skids and recovery would be very handy if you plan on taking the Jeep offroad.

I'm not very sure what the badge is for. While I had the breathers, ground clearance, 4wd and a low speed transfer case. There were no recovery points or skid plates. :dizzy:
Breathers (for water above the vent on axels, transfer case and transmission) skid plates and recovery points should be installed before doing any wheeling. :2cents:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Ted, I think they're all the same underneath. Most people only get concerned with Jets because they don't have that "Trail ready" badge on the front fender, but that's due to the low profile tires.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bmxer524 wrote:
Ted, I think they're all the same underneath. Most people only get concerned with Jets because they don't have that "Trail ready" badge on the front fender, but that's due to the low profile tires.

You're probably right but I'd check anyway. Water and gear oil don't mix well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Everything same except for wheels /tires
ditch them, skids/tow points/lift/scratches from brush back across the side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 pm 
LOST Member

As stated above, everything is the same except wheels and low pro tires (this is the part that determines if it is trail rated or not).

to get it ready for wheelin:

Skids
Tow Hooks
Small lift
Bigger tires ...or at least get ones that are not low profile. Side wall height is important when off-roading especially when you need to air down.
extending the breathers would be good too.

Tires : LT 245/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's
Speakers: Alpine SC600's component front, Coax rear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 am 
LOST Junkie

Bingo with the wheels and tires fellas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:21 am 
LOST Member

KK_Canuck_Guy wrote:
...extending the breathers...

Ok, Newbie question: How? (Do we have a guide for this anywhere?)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wearyman wrote:
KK_Canuck_Guy wrote:
...extending the breathers...

Ok, Newbie question: How? (Do we have a guide for this anywhere?)

At the top of the page, click on where it says search. Type in what you're looking for and if it's on the forum, it'll bring it up. Here's what I found viewtopic.php?f=104&t=44164&hilit=How+to+extend+breathers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Ted beat me to it lol. Good thing too cause I would have just pointed you too the tech section. I've been using my phone since I was in Florida on vacation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bmxer524 wrote:
Ted beat me to it lol. Good thing too cause I would have just pointed you too the tech section. I've been using my phone since I was in Florida on vacation.

:goink: :jester:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

All Jeep Libertys are trail rated every model and the jet if you didn't know comes with a full skit plate that protects under the motor and covers the full driveline and they are fully capable off road i take mine off road all the time on trails its stock i nwver got it stuck yet since i have owned this it has done nothong but impress me soon it will have a three inch lift regear to 4:56 with front and rear lockers .....everyone talks doo doo on the liberties but stock for stock i will challenge any wrangler to go where I cant