It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are the Hella Rallye 4000 a good choice for the KK?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys! Im not a very active member on this forums, but I can see there's a great comunity in this forum!!

Im planning to add a pair of Hella 4000 Rallye Euro Beam on my front bumper using the same mod that Mr Nick used on his KK. Here's his post and some pictures.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=40021&hilit=light+bar

As u can see, the front bumper will be drilled so the Hood Light Bar can be screwed on it. What's your opinion about this mod? Is it strong? Do you think that screwed bar can firmly keep in place a pair of Heavy and Big Hella Rallye 4000 ?

I know theres a Mopar grill guard for the KK, but 500$ is too expansive for that piece of plastic.

What's your experience with Hella lights? Is there anybody here that has some Rallye 4000 installed on the KK?

Thanks and excuse me for my terrible english :roll: :roll: ! Have a nice day!! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Are the Hella Rallye 4000 a good choice for the KK?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have the Black Magic Rallye Series 500 lights mounted to the JK hood bar like in that post. I had to move the light tabs to the front of the bar, and weld them there because there wasn't enough clearance behind the lights to fit. I also had my shop weld a piece of sheet metal under the plastic bumper cover to the frame mounts (same place the tow hooks attach) so that the light bar had a solid foundation. As far as Hella goes, they make great lights. Had 'em on my 99 XJ as well - very bright, but one of the plastic housings cracked so I've only got one light on my bar right now...i'll get some pics when I can - hope this helped in the meantime.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Rocky_Mtn wrote:
I have the Black Magic Rallye Series 500 lights mounted to the JK hood bar like in that post. I had to move the light tabs to the front of the bar, and weld them there because there wasn't enough clearance behind the lights to fit. I also had my shop weld a piece of sheet metal under the plastic bumper cover to the frame mounts (same place the tow hooks attach) so that the light bar had a solid foundation. As far as Hella goes, they make great lights. Had 'em on my 99 XJ as well - very bright, but one of the plastic housings cracked so I've only got one light on my bar right now...i'll get some pics when I can - hope this helped in the meantime.

Ohh u have a nice looking KK!! Yea I guess Ill have to move the lights to the front of the light bar, I was suspecting they won't fit in that little space between the bar and the grill. But that metal sheet under the bumper, thats a GREAT IDEA men!! I was worried abuout the weak foundation, I guess i found the solution :D .

Aren't your lights easy to rob on that bar? are the nut and the bolt showing under the tabs? That can be a real problem here in Venezuela. Thank you !!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:29 pm 
LOST Addict

You can get some security nuts and that will prevent most people.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

4x4kayak2112 wrote:
You can get some security nuts and that will prevent most people.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

Ohh Really? Its the first time i head about security Nuts. Can you post a link?

Thank you!!

Post subject: Are the Hella Rallye 4000 a good choice for the KK?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:21 am 
LOST Junkie

I have them on my KK the security locks that is.

I'm a fan of the clean style look and used the mopar bar.

Called lamp locks
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000WZZU8