It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Tank burp issue SOLVED!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The warranty extension only covered 08 KK and 07-08 KA.
After 08 the fuel tank should have the latest version of the rollover valve already installed.
There are a couple of 10 KA owners with this happening now also.
It will be interesting to hear what FCA has to say about this latest problem.
Keep us posted...

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:43 am 
LOST Newbie

I've just purchased a Nov10 manufactured, 'MY11' Liberty, and 2 out of 2 fills so far have spat diesel everywhere once the tank is full and the gas station pump clicks off. I guess I'm lucky I have a long range second tank I can fill, then fill the main tank from the aux tank via the 'inflight refuelling' pump I have, to avoid this issue. Would be good to get the dealer to fix it!

Hey, Ive just seen the 'history' of all this on the Wrangler and other forums. They are blaming Ethanol swelling the parts, but Diesel doesnt have any Ethanol in it, and the CRD I have is doing it! It CAN'T be ethanol!

Actually, come to think of it, I dont have a rollover valve inbthe aux tank, so why not just remove the one from the main tank too...or install the GM part 'fix' in BOTH tanks?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

TIA,

In early 2016 I had the issue with our 08 Liberty and the repair was done as outlined in the TSB. Fast forward to now and the issue popped up again. Upon taking it in the dealer claims it needs a fill neck and two hoses in addition to the tank. I said forget it, they wanted over $900 for the fill neck and two hoses. They said OK and 5 minutes later called and said the tech already pulled the gas tank. I said fine put the new tank in but don't do the fill neck and hoses. They said that I had a bad EVAP leak, which is not the case because I had no CEL. I took it home and still have no CEL but still have the fill problem. Now they screwed me up from taking it to another dealer, because they entered into the system replacing the tank so Jeep pays them. I have a feeling they didn't replace the tank since I told them no to the other work. I'm seeking advice. I reached out to Jeep Cares, and they were of no help at all.

Thanks,
Janet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:52 am 
LOST Newbie

I just found this thread and thought it was my Jeep only..

I am going to show my local dealer the bulletin and see what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 pm 
LOST Member

My 09 does the gas barf almost every time I get gas now. Has been doing it for the last few months. I will have to wait and see if the later years get covered now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just had the dealer replace the filler neck on mine which they said would cure the fuel burping issue. The first time I went to go fill it up it worked like a charm, clicked off and no fuel spill. The second time I filled up it clicked off and 3 seconds later proceeded to spew fuel out the side of my truck and all over my shoes. :furious: So it's back to my original procedure of slowing it down to crawl when it's getting near the end until it shuts off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:41 am 
LOST Newbie

I printed out the service bulletin and brought it with me to my local dealer and described my problem.

They took it (2008 Jeep Liberty) in and performed the work. I have not tested it yet, but all the costs were fully covered. I paid nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

I didn't pay anything either after arguing with them over it. They originally wanted to charge me 600 dollars and tried to tell me that even though there was a TSB issued on it that it was only no charge if the customer has an extended warranty. I told them that they were out of their minds and that the truck should have had all outstanding TSB issues resolved prior to me taking delivery of it when I bought in the first place. They wanted to argue with me about it but once I threatened them with social media and the BBB they did it at no charge along with my cooling system flush and refill that I brought in for. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:04 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DarkSport11 wrote:
I didn't pay anything either after arguing with them over it. They originally wanted to charge me 600 dollars and tried to tell me that even though there was a TSB issued on it that it was only no charge if the customer has an extended warranty. I told them that they were out of their minds and that the truck should have had all outstanding TSB issues resolved prior to me taking delivery of it when I bought in the first place. They wanted to argue with me about it but once I threatened them with social media and the BBB they did it at no charge along with my cooling system flush and refill that I brought in for. :mrgreen:

Your situation with the dealer was totally wrong on their part!
Good job holding your ground! 8)
The X46 is an extended lifetime warranty. It says it very clearly on the paper work you can download.
In particular the second Note:

SUBJECT:
Fuel Spit Back During Refueling Due To Inlet Check Valve (X46 Lifetime Warranty
Extension)...
NOTE: Vehicles included in this Service Bulletin have a lifetime warranty for this repair. See Warranty Bulletin; U.S. D-13-14, Canada SAB 2013-10, or International ID-13-08 for details associated with the extended warranty.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6