It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Hypertech Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Good day, everyone. I believe a few people on this forum have the Hypertech for the KK now and was wondering what everyone thinks about it and if you've messed around with it at all.

I've had it installed for over a year now and love it. I'm curious if anyone has experience with the "premium" setting. Also, has anyone somehow made the Hypertech tuning work even better somehow?

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

Post subject: Re: The Hypertech Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:04 am 
LOST Member

Gageraid wrote:
Good day, everyone. I believe a few people on this forum have the Hypertech for the KK now and was wondering what everyone thinks about it and if you've messed around with it at all.

I've had it installed for over a year now and love it. I'm curious if anyone has experience with the "premium" setting. Also, has anyone somehow made the Hypertech tuning work even better somehow?

Oh good question! I've been running it on the regular setting now for close to a year and I love it. I might have to experiment with premium for a few tanks...

'08, OME HD/MD coils, Ironman shocks, Al's A-arms, Top plates, ATH front recovery, V-Tec Offroad wheels 17x8.5, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's 265/65R17, Jasper Offroad 12" Dual LED lightbar, Mopar hitch and harness, RRO roof rails and cross bars, Viper throttle body, K&N FIPK, Hypertech Max Energy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:24 am 
LOST Junkie

I'm annoyed at hypertech they said the 2012 tune for the KK would be out in April and still no dice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:58 pm 
LOST Addict

huntb wrote:
Gageraid wrote:

Oh good question! I've been running it on the regular setting now for close to a year and I love it. I might have to experiment with premium for a few tanks...

I know the "premium" setting is only an addition 1 hp and 1 tq over the "regular" setting, but it must be a bit different. I figure they wouldn't even make a "premium" setting unless it was worth it. Hopefully someone provides some good feedback.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:( another priority over the hypertech, bad axle :(

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 pm 
LOST Member

i thought the 2012 tune was a no go?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

crippled wrote:
i thought the 2012 tune was a no go?

They had told me numerous times they were in the BETA stage my bootayyyyyyy that was over a year ago lametoids.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Every time I see a hypertech thread I get excited and think the 2012 version is released...always disappointed...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:25 pm 
LOST Member

I emailed them myself......we will see

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

I've been emailing for months lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:30 pm 
LOST Member

Figured this would be a good place to ask. I just tried to install my Hypertech Max Energy 52501 I updated it correctly. When I plug it in to my Jeep's OBD II port and go through the setup I get to the very end and get an error that says Error 7E: Wormcode Error. I've searched a bit around online and found that generally the error code has to do with something installed that's pulling amps. Most people have had to just pull a fuse out to fix the problem but I'm not sure which fuse to yank. Anyone had a similar issue?

Sent from my iPhone

ATH Steel Roof Rack Bars / RL Super Skink Rock Sliders
Hypertech Max Energy Engine Tuner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yes I had this issue and I pulled 4 fuses. I can't remember the exact ones but it went through perfectly.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

Post #15 http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/bee ... r-2211169/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 pm 
LOST Member

I removed fuses M7, M10, M12 and M13 as suggested by BWSooner6. Worked like a charm. Have any of you guys messed with the engine fan settings, shift points, or rev limits?

EDIT

ok so install went well. Only thing now is my ESP/BAS light is on and it looks like my traction control light is also on....and it's raining.... And I have an hour drive home lol

Sent from my iPhone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:53 am 
LOST Addict

Why do I feel like I've never seen this topic before?

Either way, tell me why Hypertec doesn't show 2011s on the drop down, yet if I go to put a request in I get this:

Also if you put in a request for a 2012, you don't get that. Idk.... someone try it preferably with a 2011 because that's what I have lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet is because I'm not sure what kind of foot print it leaves behind. I still have the lifetime power train warranty & would like to keep it that way.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:26 am 
LOST Member

As far as performance goes I agree with the previously mentioned gains. The most noticeable gain is definitely the shift from 1st to 2nd gear. Its much smoother, almost unnoticeable compared to the normal gap in the 1-2 shift. Engine seems a bit more a bit more peppy and responsive, especially going uphill and accelerating from a stop. On the highway its definitely noticeable. It doesn't really improve the speed or acceleration so much as re calibrate how the engine revs so when you go to pass someone you don't have to push the gas down 3/4 of the way just to get the darn thing to rev. Now it revs in increments like its supposed to. (e.g. push the pedal down 3/16 down, revs go up, push 1/4 down, revs go up) Haven't had a chance to test the gas mileage yet.

The only problem I have with the darn thing is I now have a DTC error (ABS C1078 - TIRE REVOLUTIONS RANGE PERFORMANCE) :banghead: I'm assuming that it has something to do with the tuner setting when I adjusted my tire height to 30.50" (I'm running 245-75-R16 Duratracs). Problem now is that since the computer detected an ABS DTC code, it shuts off my ESP/BAS and I have the traction control light on now.

Can anyone offer any info/advice re: "ABS C1078 - TIRE REVOLUTIONS RANGE PERFORMANCE" so I can get my traction control to work again?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 am 
LOST Junkie

Can you return the tire size to stock and see if that helps?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:00 am 
LOST Addict

toy4everyseason wrote:
The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet is because I'm not sure what kind of foot print it leaves behind. I still have the lifetime power train warranty & would like to keep it that way.

Not sure how much of a footprint it leaves, but what I do know is that you're supposed to (which I have done many times) return the vehicle back to stock programming by using the said programmer before you go to the dealer for service. Never had an issue with it.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:59 pm 
LOST Member

mawlkrawler wrote:
As far as performance goes I agree with the previously mentioned gains. The most noticeable gain is definitely the shift from 1st to 2nd gear. Its much smoother, almost unnoticeable compared to the normal gap in the 1-2 shift. Engine seems a bit more a bit more peppy and responsive, especially going uphill and accelerating from a stop. On the highway its definitely noticeable. It doesn't really improve the speed or acceleration so much as re calibrate how the engine revs so when you go to pass someone you don't have to push the gas down 3/4 of the way just to get the darn thing to rev. Now it revs in increments like its supposed to. (e.g. push the pedal down 3/16 down, revs go up, push 1/4 down, revs go up) Haven't had a chance to test the gas mileage yet.

The only problem I have with the darn thing is I now have a DTC error (ABS C1078 - TIRE REVOLUTIONS RANGE PERFORMANCE) :banghead: I'm assuming that it has something to do with the tuner setting when I adjusted my tire height to 30.50" (I'm running 245-75-R16 Duratracs). Problem now is that since the computer detected an ABS DTC code, it shuts off my ESP/BAS and I have the traction control light on now.

Can anyone offer any info/advice re: "ABS C1078 - TIRE REVOLUTIONS RANGE PERFORMANCE" so I can get my traction control to work again?

I had the same issue, reseting to stock size fixed it. I emailed hypertech about it and they were working on it. If more people do, hopefully the extra info will help them. From what I can tell, the problem is due to how the tire size is stored in the Jeep, its in both the TIPM (which the speedometer uses and hypertech reprograms) and in the ABS module (which it doesn't). The mismatch sets the ABS fault because the two values disagree.

Numerous junkyard upgrades