It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Replaced the clockspring twice-No Horn or Controls
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the horn and stereo controls that run down the steering column? My horn and radio buttons dont work but my cruise does. I've replaced the clockspring twice thinking maybe the first replacement was defective. So in total, I've had 3 different clocksprings installed but still have no horn. The horn works fine when using the remote to lock the doors or jumping power to the fuses. At this point I'm thinking it's in the actual wiring that runs down the steering column but don't know which set controls them. I'd rather not start testing wiring and accidentally set off the airbag! Thanks for any help this is my first Jeep. It's a 2009 KK Liberty Limited 4x4 if that helps narrow things down.

Post subject: Re: Replaced the clockspring twice-No Horn or Controls
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:30 pm 
LOST Member

It should be the ground wire that supply’s the controls, there will be one ground wire and one or many returns. The computer sees the resistance on there return to ground and interprets this as the signal to perform a function. Use a scan tool and go to the BCM or instrument panel and watch data to make sure it’s receiving more bouts before you pull steering apart. That being said I will be at my shop this afternoon so I will send further instruction then. As far as air bag wiring the yellow loom is air bag so just don’t touch those wires!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Replaced the clockspring twice-No Horn or Controls
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:33 am 
LOST Member

Sorry it took a while between running a shop and having a family life I get pretty busy. The best way to test that is to get a scan tool and watch function ability from the body control module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk