It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: JeepMonkey's Trips/Pics/Build Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So I have to take a break on the jeep for a while, since I need to start saving up some money to build my house, but I do have a project in mind that I want to really do but I want to sell my current roof rack first.

So if anyone is interested send me a pm and we can talk price.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Guys time for a bad post but just got a check engine light throwing error code P0456. I know that has to do with the eve app/fuel system but I have no idea where to start so any help would be great because I really don't want to take it to the stealership right now.

But in other news as an update I have taken the front lift off and re-installed a new set under warranty due to major sagging. but got her realigned and now she is looking perky as ever.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:54 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

JeepMonkey190 wrote:
Guys time for a bad post but just got a check engine light throwing error code P0456. I know that has to do with the eve app/fuel system but I have no idea where to start so any help would be great because I really don't want to take it to the stealership right now.

But in other news as an update I have taken the front lift off and re-installed a new set under warranty due to major sagging. but got her realigned and now she is looking perky as ever.

Did you carefully go through your hoses on your evap relocation mod? The gas cap can cause a leak in the system too, even if it's tight maybe try replacing it?

ATHFAB.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

At The Helm wrote:
JeepMonkey190 wrote:

Did you carefully go through your hoses on your evap relocation mod? The gas cap can cause a leak in the system too, even if it's tight maybe try replacing it?

Yea I checked it all but I'm going to double check it here in a bit. But I haven't checked the gas cap yet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:49 am 
LOST Newbie

I got that code five weeks ago. It was my gas cap. I ran some STP fuel system cleaner for good measure incase a valve was sticking. Hasn't came back since:)

2012 Bright white KK - Steelcraft black brushguard, painted black rims (didn't know it was so popular lol), 1" clevis lift in the front, RS Chip (woke her up!), magnaflow muffler + resonator delete and a few other small mods.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KrazyKK wrote:
I got that code five weeks ago. It was my gas cap. I ran some STP fuel system cleaner for good measure incase a valve was sticking. Hasn't came back since:)

Ok cool thanks, bought a new gas cap last night so we will see if that works

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well just to warn ya bud... mine came back on today haha. It wasn't the gas cap for me... :banghead:

Thank god I bought a scan tool though... now I can just ignore this code until I feel like finding the small leak haha.

2012 Bright white KK - Steelcraft black brushguard, painted black rims (didn't know it was so popular lol), 1" clevis lift in the front, RS Chip (woke her up!), magnaflow muffler + resonator delete and a few other small mods.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KrazyKK wrote:
Well just to warn ya bud... mine came back on today haha. It wasn't the gas cap for me... :banghead:

Thank god I bought a scan tool though... now I can just ignore this code until I feel like finding the small leak haha.

That's not the news I wanted to hear lol but I haven't tried the gas cap yet but I did buy it though... just going to switch the gaskets out.

But of coarse the warranty is up even though the stealership would void it anyways because of my relocation I did

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Its been a while since I posted something but here comes my rant... get your :POPCORN:

So about a 5 weeks ago i noticed what looked to be dirty ATF leaking on the ground at a pretty good pace so I took her in to a local Transmission shop and they told me it was leaking pretty good and needed a for transmission rebuild so I just for the heck of it I took it to the local dealer and they said they could do it for $300 cheaper with a full 3 year/100K mile warranty too so I decided to take her there (at this point I haven't been able to drive here for a week now). So this is where the adventure really begins... the Jeep stealership put her up on the rack and called me over to check it out the next day and they said that its definitely not the transmission leaking, a 100% guaranty that its NOT the trans leaking but most likely the valve cover gaskets that were leaking so I said thats sounds a lot better and cheaper so lets do it... so they ordered the parts and 1 week later they called me to tell me that it was still leaking but not as bad but still leaking, so I was like what now then... they responded with ok then what now? They told me that it has to be the rear engine seal and that it would be done by next week. Another week went by and no phone call, I had to call them just so they could tell me that they haven't finished her up yet so by monday or tuesday... Im sure you already know whats coming next, but i waited till Wednesday to hear from the dealership but nope again I had to call them and they again told me still not done but by friday for sure. I this point I'm pretty P.O.'ed :banghead: and I went to the dealership on my way home from work that friday and they were like oh so here is the problem now... it is the transmission that is leaking and we recommend that you put in a factory rebuilt transmission in because it is leaking from multiple spots on the transmission. Now I have steam coming out of my ears at this point and talked to the service manager about how I'm furious about how my KK has been here at your dealership for 30 days :CAMPING: and that we have now come full circle back to the original problem that I brought it in for to begin with... the TRANS!!! :banghead: So I asked him what they were going to do for me for all of this and the 30 days it took to get back to this point and now telling me that you want me to pay for all of this, to pay full boat for the trans and the labor to install it when they already had the trans removed to replace the rear engine seal (to save your eyeballs there was a lot of talking back-n-forth negotiations) we finally came to an agreement and I got all the work up to this point free of charge ($0) and putting in the factory rebuilt transmission (still full 3 year/100k mile warranty) and cost of the parts only. So its been another week and just picked her up last night, FINALLY I have her back and no fluid leaking at all now!!!!

Total cost of all work = $6400 after tax.
What I payed = $2700 after tax.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:39 pm 

JeepMonkey190 wrote:
Its been a while since I posted something but here comes my rant... get your :POPCORN:

So about a 5 weeks ago i noticed what looked to be dirty ATF leaking on the ground at a pretty good pace so I took her in to a local Transmission shop and they told me it was leaking pretty good and needed a for transmission rebuild so I just for the heck of it I took it to the local dealer and they said they could do it for $300 cheaper with a full 3 year/100K mile warranty too so I decided to take her there (at this point I haven't been able to drive here for a week now). So this is where the adventure really begins... the Jeep stealership put her up on the rack and called me over to check it out the next day and they said that its definitely not the transmission leaking, a 100% guaranty that its NOT the trans leaking but most likely the valve cover gaskets that were leaking so I said thats sounds a lot better and cheaper so lets do it... so they ordered the parts and 1 week later they called me to tell me that it was still leaking but not as bad but still leaking, so I was like what now then... they responded with ok then what now? They told me that it has to be the rear engine seal and that it would be done by next week. Another week went by and no phone call, I had to call them just so they could tell me that they haven't finished her up yet so by monday or tuesday... Im sure you already know whats coming next, but i waited till Wednesday to hear from the dealership but nope again I had to call them and they again told me still not done but by friday for sure. I this point I'm pretty P.O.'ed :banghead: and I went to the dealership on my way home from work that friday and they were like oh so here is the problem now... it is the transmission that is leaking and we recommend that you put in a factory rebuilt transmission in because it is leaking from multiple spots on the transmission. Now I have steam coming out of my ears at this point and talked to the service manager about how I'm furious about how my KK has been here at your dealership for 30 days :CAMPING: and that we have now come full circle back to the original problem that I brought it in for to begin with... the TRANS!!! :banghead: So I asked him what they were going to do for me for all of this and the 30 days it took to get back to this point and now telling me that you want me to pay for all of this, to pay full boat for the trans and the labor to install it when they already had the trans removed to replace the rear engine seal (to save your eyeballs there was a lot of talking back-n-forth negotiations) we finally came to an agreement and I got all the work up to this point free of charge ($0) and putting in the factory rebuilt transmission (still full 3 year/100k mile warranty) and cost of the parts only. So its been another week and just picked her up last night, FINALLY I have her back and no fluid leaking at all now!!!!

Total cost of all work = $6400 after tax.
What I payed = $2700 after tax.

Bummer
I hate letting others work on my vehicles. In this case I would've gone to the dealership too though.

ATHFAB.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So here is a hint to my next project....

Also have some plans for...
...something on the roof...
...something to light the road...
...something to tow behind the jeep...
...remote start...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 am 
LOST Addict

That sucks. At least you're seals are brand new and free!\

Keep us update with whats in store. Remote start is really nice, you'll notice you burn more gas though....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6