31x10.50r15s
HPD30 front and D44 rear

Post subject: Re: The official fitting a JK front bumper on the KK post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TheBlueKJ wrote:
Can't see the pic :x

That's what I was afraid of, I tried posting the picture from my phone for the first time & must not have worked. I'll fix it when I get home & post more pictures of how I did it.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:59 pm 
LOST Member

Cool. Are you adding a winch to that and what are your plans for the parts under the turns? Are those bolts for a mock, planning to go with gr8 bolts? It does look really good except for those little things. I like how the width is perfectly to the edge of the fenders.

Frankenlifted front, custom springs 4" rear, 23.25" F/R - 265/75 Duratracs 16x7 D windows- JBA 4.5 UCAs, Y-link - AEM Brute Intake - Rockcrusher diff cover, Mopar Front Skid, All J belly skid, Skink Sliders - EBC Green Stuff F/R - DTT Front, 4.10s

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

fortx4 KJ wrote:
Cool. Are you adding a winch to that and what are your plans for the parts under the turns? Are those bolts for a mock, planning to go with gr8 bolts? It does look really good except for those little things. I like how the width is perfectly to the edge of the fenders.

A winch may be in the future but would require some grill modifications due to how far I set the bumper back. Under the turn signal will be sheet metal painted to match the bumper, just gotta find time to cut it out and weld it up. Which bolts are you referring to? The bolt and nuts that came with the bumper and mount to the adapter are metric 10.9 which I understand is about what a grade 8 is. The bolts that hold it to the frame, currently 2 on each rail, are grade 8 but if and when I get a winch, I'll add another grade 8 bolt to each frame rail that completely goes from one side of the frame rail to the other and through the adapter.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here is a shot of my adapters:

Here was the first problem I ran into. The winch gussets on the inside of the bumper were hitting the front crossmember so they had to be trimed.

Next problem was the top of the bumper was too wide and was hitting the core support so it also got trimmed.

After that it was just drilling some holes in the frame rails and making some mounting plates to fit inside the adapter. Wouldn't be such a huge deal except my welder is on its last leg and would only weld short burst at a time which took forever. :banghead: Each mounting plate is indexed inside the adapter using 2 rivets. From there I fabed some temporary mounts for the turn signals using some 18 gauge sheet metal so I can get back on the road. They will be replaced once I have the filler panels under them fabed.

I got lucky with this bumper. It was exactly the correct length to fit inside the fender flares and the lower "skid plate" was the correct length and angle to be mounted on the radiator core support under the Jeep. :BANANA: This was a cheap china bumper off of ebay. They welds are chunky and is painted rather than powercoated but for $280 shipped it seems to be a fair deal. I have about $380 in this set up as it sits but will probably be a little over $400 once the I finish the filler panels.

If I had to do it again I would advise people to have the bumper they plan to use there when they make the adapters that way you can be sure you like the exact placement. I'd like to be a 1/4 in higher as fitment was very tight at the top of the crossmember.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Blanking plates are in and Hellas are mounted but not wired

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:44 pm 
LOST Member

toy4everyseason wrote:
Blanking plates are in and Hellas are mounted but not wired

Come on you should know by now we need more than 1 picture!!! Angles please :jester:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I wasn't sure if I like the hammer finish on the panels so it got sprayed with undercoating....until I dripped a glob of undercoating and tried to remove it with a towel. The result was a happy mistake as the texture and gloss matched the bumper better. More pictures from different angles to come shortly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Too many lights?..... NEVER! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So installed the OEM radiator skid plate and ran into a little issue. My adapters extend into the frame rail so far that the hole for the OEM rivnut is covered from the inside. I first was thinking about pulling the bumper and putting the rivnut into the adapter but the thought of taking the bumper off and putting it back on doesn't sound fun so I just drilled and tapped the adapters through the hole in the frame that is meant for the rivnut. That was all fun and all until you realize the limited space for the tap. Then I found some 3/8-16 thread cutting bolts to finish the job the tap started. Add a washer to fill the holes on the skid and boom, done! :BANANA: I thought my china bumper "skid" plate was going to be an issue but fitment with the radiator skid plate is better than without... once again I got lucky on that one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:13 am 
LOST Newbie

I know this is an old thread. But I just wanted to post a couple of pictures for everybody to see how mine turned out. I ended up taking out the turn signals and installing them inside the fog light. I did have to drill out the hole a little bit wider but the O ring fit snug in it and there is a bracket that bolts into place to hold it all together so it's waterproof, had I not had a drill press would not have been able to do that so I'm not sure if everybody wants to take out the turn signal and install it inside the headlight. As for the bracket I use the ones that came with the bumper one from off-camber Fabrications. I did modify it so it goes into the cross member and sandwiches it, the bracket is attached to the crossmember by 3 3/4 bolts , then i made new holes on the metal bumper and it's secured to the bracket with 3, 3/4" bolts 1 on top 2 on the bottom per side.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone created these mounts and has started to produce them for sale? I know I would order them right now if so..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Eric1115 wrote:
Has anyone created these mounts and has started to produce them for sale? I know I would order them right now if so..

I don't think so... I made these to fit that specific bumper I guess depending on what kind of bumper your wanting to get they'll have to be made.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:56 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Eric1115 wrote:

I have them designed , well did it 4-5 years ago but wasn't enough interest in them

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:43 am 
LOST Newbie

Where can I buy these mounting brackets for the kj? I'm trying to put new bumpers on my liberty and I don't like the only 2 options there is. Please help!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:29 am 
LOST Newbie

I am definitely interested in the mounting brackets. Any updates on these yet. The pics look great.