It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 08-12 Liberty Lift FAQ / please read before asking quest
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks Erik this will come in handy when my kit comes in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:41 pm 
LOST Addict

Yep, Scar0's how-to works perfectly fine. I think he might even mention that you have to get the springs compressed for OME lifts.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:21 am 
LOST Newbie

Yea i opted to have them compress the springs for me I just saw me in the future :banghead: if i didn't lol.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:31 am 
LOST Addict

Yea they're heavy duty for a reason lol. My buddy even mentioned it when compressing them on the wall compressor. They're 400lbs spring rates :grim: The rears are nothing. I think they sit at 280lbs for 731s.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Erikg84 wrote:
Check out the below post by Scar0. It's a great writeup that I printed and used to install my OME lift.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=41880

The instructions are for a Dodge Nitro, but everything is exactly the same.

Thanks, good to hear it came in handy! Makes the time I put into writing it up worth while. :D
Bmxer524 wrote:
Yep, Scar0's how-to works perfectly fine. I think he might even mention that you have to get the springs compressed for OME lifts.

Nope did not mention OME... At the time of my install I was the prototype for the JBA 2.5 (non-Adjust-A-strut version of the lift). OME was not really offered yet as an option. Come to think of it neither was the Adjust-A-strut version.
But I did have to compress the springs to get the ones I was using from JBA installed. If you look closely at the Pic, I toasted the compressors I was using. It was very touch and go on the last one. The compressors were bent, and the threads were stripped when I was done. Almost :dead: time...
@Nikon84, be sure to read "the things I would have done different" I posted in the thread (post3). It will make life a little easier.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 am 
LOST Newbie

Parts are starting to arrive :BANANA:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok, i thought i was ready to order my OME kit, then confusion.

i shopped around and it seems that a couple of different vendors carry the OME 1.5" kit for my 2012 Liberty KK.

i know better than to use the "RRO" word here, but they have the kit the cheapest.

so JBA and RRO carry what appears to be the same OME 1.5" lift.

i spoke to the guys at RRO and they said that not only is the UCA not necessary, but said that it bold face wont work with that low of a lift. they said the angle wont work.

i am prepared to buy the kit with the arms if necessary but dont mind saving the money if its not.

mind you, i am doing just the springs and shocks. no clevis or additional rear spacers/isolators. from reading on here it seems like that still get me close to 2"
of lift.

i just need to fit the 245/75/16 tires and want a little more trail worthiness. (this is a daily driver)

also, i dont have any heavy armor or bumpers on the liberty. i will add sliders and a roof rack though. their recommendation was to go with the med springs not the HD. but, it seems everyone here is running the HD's to get max lift.

so all that being said....anyone running this lift with/without the UCA's that can chime in?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Chuco66 wrote:
Ok, i thought i was ready to order my OME kit, then confusion.

i shopped around and it seems that a couple of different vendors carry the OME 1.5" kit for my 2012 Liberty KK.

i know better than to use the "RRO" word here, but they have the kit the cheapest.

so JBA and RRO carry what appears to be the same OME 1.5" lift.

i spoke to the guys at RRO and they said that not only is the UCA not necessary, but said that it bold face wont work with that low of a lift. they said the angle wont work.

i am prepared to buy the kit with the arms if necessary but dont mind saving the money if its not.

mind you, i am doing just the springs and shocks. no clevis or additional rear spacers/isolators. from reading on here it seems like that still get me close to 2"
of lift.

i just need to fit the 245/75/16 tires and want a little more trail worthiness. (this is a daily driver)

also, i dont have any heavy armor or bumpers on the liberty. i will add sliders and a roof rack though. their recommendation was to go with the med springs not the HD. but, it seems everyone here is running the HD's to get max lift.

so all that being said....anyone running this lift with/without the UCA's that can chime in?

Gage runs the 927/731 combo with stock arms. You'll get 2.5" of lift, and have enough room to clear the 245/75-16s you want. Upgraded upper a-arms are only needed when going over 3" of lift.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

thanks for the response BMXer.

can you provide me with a link to "Gage" so that i may ask him a few questions direct without subjecting everyone to the same ole questions.

i searched fo him and could not find him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

His full username is Gageraid.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the info 12KK.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

sticky this.

2012 Liberty 4x4 White

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Johnny wrote:
sticky this.

Seconded. :D

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:32 pm 
LOST Addict

lfhoward wrote:
Johnny wrote:
sticky this.

Seconded. :D

I've been hoping for that. I posted it when we had a ton of new members join. There was a few lift topics every day lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:27 am 
LOST Addict

Chuco66 PM'd me and I believe I helped him with the rest of his questions.
Wealth of information on this thread.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:18 pm 
LOST Junkie

I'm having my fronts assembled ahead of time. I ordered new strut mounting kits from NAPA here: http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Catal ... 0484386774

As far as I can tell, that's all I need to bring to the shop with the OME parts to have it all pre-assembled, correct? I don't need any additional isolators since the NAPA kit comes with one?

Also, I purchased an additional top plate spacer from JBA. If I install that, will my Jeep sit level? Does the shop need this additional top plate at the time of pre-assembling or can it be installed at the time of the lift?

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:07 am 
LOST Addict

12KK SFD wrote:
I'm having my fronts assembled ahead of time. I ordered new strut mounting kits from NAPA here: http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Catal ... 0484386774

As far as I can tell, that's all I need to bring to the shop with the OME parts to have it all pre-assembled, correct? I don't need any additional isolators since the NAPA kit comes with one?

Also, I purchased an additional top plate spacer from JBA. If I install that, will my Jeep sit level? Does the shop need this additional top plate at the time of pre-assembling or can it be installed at the time of the lift?

To preassemble you need the front shocks(don't forget the metal piece that slides down the shock, that's where the spring sits), front springs, the upper and lower spring isolator and the top mounting plate with all the bushings and hardware. The shop will then put it all together and compress the springs to put the nut on the top of the shock. So to answer your question, as long as that kit has both spring isolators you're set.

As for adding the top plate, you do that at the time of install. It just sits over the studs before you bolt it up to the Jeep. Adding that with OME 927 front springs will sit at 3" of lift. For the Jeep to sit level you'll have to add 1 extra upper spring isolator per side in the rear(total of 2 upper and 1 lower on each side).

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:07 am 
LOST Junkie

Got it. Thank you. I'll have to wait and see what comes in the NAPA kit. Hopefully it comes with everything I need.

If I don't add anything up front, I assume the Jeep will maintain its stock rake? I'd like it to be level and getting close to 3" concerns me as a I don't have the funds to spring for a-arms at this point.

Previous

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:30 am 
LOST Addict

3" would still work with stock arms. It's just about the limit of them. As for a rake, I don't think it'll have too much. Gage posts pics of his OME setup all the time and he looks fairly level.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Bmxer524 wrote:
3" would still work with stock arms. It's just about the limit of them. As for a rake, I don't think it'll have too much. Gage posts pics of his OME setup all the time and he looks fairly level.

It's about a half inch difference. Took this today.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next