It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: KK's with 100K miles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

170000 and going strong. driver window switch issue. Door seals glued on after loosing 3. No roof leak yet. Just replaced cv's, upper and lower control arms in rear, upper and lower bushing in front on control arms, steering rack for 4th time, tie rod ends new. Only real issue is the gas will not auto fill anymore(bad vent i guess).

Post subject: Re: KK's with 100K miles
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:57 am 
LOST Newbie

2012 Limited Jet 4x2. Purchased at 42k back in 2016 - at 111,435 now...poor thing...I have put more miles on her than any vehicle I have owned but she is holding up well.

Water pump was the first major repair at 70k. Was really strange how I blew it up for lack of a better term. Parked, went into the store, came out and started it, immediately revved up to redline with no input from me, foot wasnt near the pedals. I somewhat panicked and shut it down at 6700rpm but too late pressure was in the system and the water pump said bye-bye. Actually glad it went that way because it could have been much worse.

Shortly after the water pump, had the TIPM (fuse box) replaced at the dealer...$1800 ouch. This was another odd incident. Driving the highway in Tucson I see my electrical idiot light chime on. I take the next exit in no hurry. As I exit I start to smell burning electrical scents. Pull into Orielly's and shut her off...then a second thought crosses my mind I try to start her up...nothing, not a click, not a sound. Get out and pop the hood, alternator is smoking and obviously done. Get it over to Pep Boys and it sits there for two days, they cant figure out what the heck is going on. They replaced the alt and battery and it wont start. Get it to the dealer and it takes them three days...wtf? Finally get it fixed replacing the TIPM and PCM.

Lost my A/C about 2 months ago. All the ventilation works properly, no weird blend door issues. Just blows hot air, no cold whatsoever. Compressor still kicks on so I figured its got a small leak somewhere.

Oil changed regularly, and have gone through a set of tires. Want to service the transmission but its on my mind that it could possibly hurt things more than help. Since its been this long and the transmission is fine I just want to let sleeping dogs lie. I have owned countless Cherokee's and a few Grand Cherokee's. I have flushed, filtered and serviced 2 of the Grand's after 100k and within 2 weeks transmission issues arose.

Has signs of the roof leaks due to the rails and my headlights are baked to hell thanks to Arizona sun.

She still runs strong though, I will keep her around as long as she lets me.