It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: What am I up to today? :LOG:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Greased the front end serviceable joints. A squeak has apeared in the suspension somewhere. Shocks aren't leaking so they should still be good.

Temps are great! No overheating yet.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:18 pm 
LOST Addict

Loaded up the Jeep for vacation. She idled pretty rough but drove fine before the trip. Durring the trip she had "non code" based misfires. Coming back home will be alot more load on the engine going up and over mountains.

Bought new spark plugs. 3rd set of oem plugs and im on 45k miles... Y'all know i take very good care of the engine but replacing the plugs around 20k miles is just a waste of my time and money. Next spark plug change im going to swap to iridium or platinums primarily for longevity.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:34 pm 
LOST Addict

bought the mechanical fan assembly. fan blade will be here later today, clutch will be here Friday supposedly... i went out on a limb and bought one from an '07. didn't find any info saying it wont work, so if it works y'all can save $70!

also trashed my roof lights so its time to light bar this b.itch.

did one trail stock years ago and made with minor damage. did the same trail this week and the driveshaft gave me hell. i can not wait to throw away the track bar set up completely...

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm 
LOST Addict

Got the clutch assembly in today. It fits! Bought from a KJ spec. Spent $30 on it so thats a savings of $72!!! I happened to buy the wrong fan size for the clutch and to small of a blade width so i bought an 18.25" fan. The fan shroud is something like 19.25" so i gave the engine an inch of movement.

Heres the part number for the clutch i bought:

AM-15379807

https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/radiator-fan-clutch/AM-15379807.html

I would assume any KJ clutch assembly will work. The item listed above came with bolts and lock washers. Shipped to my place in the middle of now here in 2 days!

I have yet to confirm fitment on the 18.25" fan assembly but metal or plastic should be fine of that size. Just know that the metal assembly puts a lot more load on the water pump bearings versus the lighter plastic units.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Cleaned off the radiators with condenser cleaner. It looks like it worked...

Partially emptied the ac line a week ago and filled it up to around the pressure it should have been at the time. Went to "top" it off to day and literally had a millisecond to long of a hold and pressures are sky high again. Hope yhe system is cool in the morning to get them to a healthy pressure.

Got the right fan clutch and blade installed a week or so ago.

Getting ready for a transmission fluid change due to spuratic shift patterns.

Installed 2 15" light bars at 50w each aswell as 2 18w amber alley lights.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

Last edited by PALiftedKK on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:25 pm 
LOST Addict

lowered tire pressure from a comfy 38 PSI (tread lays flat at this pressure on my tires) down to a softer 33 PSI after not caring about tread as i need new tires. current ones have deep gashes in the sidewall and tread chunks missing.

poped up on the roof to check things out. my last off road adventure over the weekend was a bit to rough on the solar panel. put painters tape over the crack and overnight ordered some resin. the damage has already been done to the cells by seeing moisture, so im hoping i can get another year out of the panel. maybe it will last me through Alaska!

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:54 pm 
LOST Addict

Got parts for a new over head console. New one is aluminum. My 2 CBs are still in the plan to be installed in the new one along with my solar panel monitor. An addition will be a switch pannel and A/C vents. Not sure if i want to run a flex line from the vents in the front or just have the air recirculate as an option. Its about darn time that i also add back the courtesy light... Not so sure how im going to mount this one again... It will be a perminant install and not removable.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 pm 
LOST Addict

Did something today

https://youtu.be/KJMKOqH6ZHw

Amazingly I still have heat! Though down the road (literally) i will install bypass valves on the filter for blocking flow to and from the filter in cases for filter changes and winter.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:34 pm 
LOST Addict

Before I head out for training next week I got a boat load of tasks needed to be done to the rig.

Changed out front diff fluid.

Made the coolant filter a perminant mod.

Fixed up roof top lights including the amber lights and side markers.

Re-wired the auxiliary tow relay board.

Re-sealed the solar panel crack.

Suspended the first part of the over head console.

Built the second part of the over head console but not feeling the motivation to spend a few hours suspending it.

Still need to address the bumper rattle. I didnt cut enough off the seam weld when it was initially installed.

This may in fact be my last modifications on the rig for a bit.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:32 am 
LOST Addict

Currently on the east coast of PA. By this time tonight ill have worked a 12hr shift and be on thw western side of PA. That gives me the option in the morning of saturday to pop out the old coolant filter and put a new one in. Im pretty interested to see the junk if any that it collected!

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:51 am 
LOST Addict

Been a bit since my last post. I have been active. Since the last post I've cut open the filter and to my suprise found nothing. It was only 250 miles so theres that. New one was installed about a month ago and has roughly 200 miles on it. Won't take it off till it's below freezing.

I haven't done much with the over head console.

The new job will put plenty in savings and have the funds for jeep and trailer simultaneously.

I've been driving around the east coast and central U.S. with this beaut:

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:37 am 
LOST Addict

Heading out to Virginia this weekend to trail the rig on my weekend off! Lets cross our fingers I dont run it off the edge of the road like I always do on a trail run.

Christmas is around the corner and I think to my self this, I've never bought my Jeep a christmas present... How selfish of me... Presents on the way!

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Soo christmas is around the corner and the rig is calling my name to have parts replaced. I have the broken passenger quarter window and whole cv assembly on the D30. I'll tackle the cv first. Then the window since that can be taken to the shop whenever. Pics to follow when I get home and start wrenching... Again.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm 
LOST Addict

Fixed my leaking roof bars. Cleaned the engine bay. Oil change tomorrow. Moving the rear bumper later on today due to it contacting the body and rattling. Washing the jeep in a few minutes. Diff fluid change (rear only). Also did the heater core delete mod! Also got the broken window finally fixed a week ago! Detailed the interior of the jeep!

I've been a busy bee today!

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:00 pm 
LOST Addict

Out in Florida for vacation. When I get back home Monday I will be fixing issues from April's off road trip in Bald Eagle State Forest which will be the cargo area tool box securement for both boxes, solar panel and roof lighting is toucklhing the roof of the Jeep and causing a rattling noise every bump, and the rear bumper was notched out further months ago to even the bumper out; still need to get to doing that. Rear lighting on the bumper is shot. I think the relay is the culprit here...

As far as electrical problems go, I will solve them all at once and do it right this time instead of my current 2 rail positive delivery system with a million taps off of that.

Did the heater core delete last month and so far so good! No coolant loss. The coolant filter is approximately 20k miles old so It will need to be replaced soon as it is a paper oil filter and I have no idea on how long they last with water and not oil.

Rigs running great after sitting idle for the last month. Ethanol evaporated so power is mucho grande` for what the cute 3.7 can output.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 pm 
LOST Member

freaking fantastic build thread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:02 pm 
LOST Addict

I'll be home this Saturday for a while. Bought new rims, tires, and LCAs. Will be installed on the weekend aswell as an alignment before I head south for a quite a bit of off roading! I also plan on redoing my electrical as two of my relays have burnt out and I lost my secondary trans electric fan and reverse led pods. Both of which help me off road more efficiantly.

Pictures will be posted on the new rims. Hope they look and function well on the KK...

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Tested off road. 4 hockey pucks and the same articulation as my Oem rims and 245s. Tires are Maxxis 31s on procomp 7031s. Rims and tires fit fine. Off road clearance with rims and tires was still ok. On road qualities are that of a Cadillac.

Also blew the rack mount off roading. 2 day shipped from rockauto. Install was a bit of a pain but that was expected. Getting an alignment right now. There is a whine from the power steering pump but I'm letting that lead to micro bubbles and or the atf+4 being thin as I have been running thickener for it to prolong seals and minimize whine. It has worked since I've used it so I'll keep adding it.

Let me know if the picture link is broken.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Hi PA, there are a few of us on here who still check the forum. :CAMPING:
Your new tires and rims look awesome! They certainly look like they do the job off road. That pintle hitch could catch on the ground if you do anything too crazy off-road though. I've had that happen. Big noise, No damage. Just had to clean the dirt off. I'm curious where you took it to go off roading? Somewhere up north? Not a lot of off road areas to be had near Philly. .

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:18 pm 
LOST Addict

lfhoward wrote:
Hi PA, there are a few of us on here who still check the forum. :CAMPING:
Your new tires and rims look awesome! They certainly look like they do the job off road. That pintle hitch could catch on the ground if you do anything too crazy off-road though. I've had that happen. Big noise, No damage. Just had to clean the dirt off. I'm curious where you took it to go off roading? Somewhere up north? Not a lot of off road areas to be had near Philly. .

The pintle hitch typically comes off only for off road trips. I typically go to Virginia and West Virginia for the good trails. The mud terrain tires had 100% traction where on previous trails or roads I would loose traction.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next